The ultimate plan of all plans

Eric didn't think much about it. Tom probably hasn't had anyone being nice and friendly to him since he woke up in this nightmare. Eric went back to his room and properly looked around again. There must be at least something useful no matter how insignificant it was.

Eric searched around. The cupboard showed an abundance of cup noodles and dry food. Now that Eric thought about it, surviving without food was impossible. Did the residents kill each other and took over the other room's food once they noticed it? The water was running normally.

After a while, Eric decided to use a rope to tie a pot around his waist. Why there was rope, Eric didn't know, maybe to be able to strangle someone.

Eric tore the bed and pillow sheets off as he could suffocate someone with them. A pen caught his eyes as well. Eric wished he could take a table or chair with him to shatter them over people's heads but it was sadly impossible. 

Sheets and a rope to strangle someone, a pot to hit someone and a pen to stab someone, that was enough. Funny enough there weren't freaking cutleries! Did the people have to eat with their hands?

It didn't matter, Eric quickly went back to Tom. Eric told Tom to have the same weapon layout as him.

Eric kind of felt very good about it. Was it because he was slowly turning into a protagonist? Now Eric felt doom looming over him.

"Tom, do you know anything about the residents?"

Tom shook his head, "Not much but I know some things about this floor's residents."

This was good enough. They could at first take over this floor.

"Apart from us, there are three others," Tom seemed to be more comfortable talking with Eric. However, if Tom knew the floor's residents, how come Tom bought Eric's lie of suddenly waking up?

Eric was again suspicious but to not raise his own flags, Eric decided to not ask about it.

Eric decided to trust Tom. Even if Tom backstabbed him, Eric would just possess another body. No, this was quite a bad way to think about it. After all, if Eric got dependent on dying, then he couldn't progress. Eric had to limit his death count as much as possible.

"Ok, are the other 3 residents all murderers?"

"Y-yes," mentioning this made Tom shiver again. Perhaps he encountered a few life and death situations with them already.

"Two men and one woman. I don't know much, but one man is a young adult, another is in his 40s, and the woman seems to be in her 30s. The older ones rarely go out but the younger has the habit to pace up and down in a hallway for some reason. Sometimes I hear him mumbling. It's scary."

"Is there anything else?"

"I think they try to go out of each other's way. Even when the younger one walks around, none of the other two kill him but I-I've seen them kill innocent people..."

"I see."

So the murderers were trying to stay out of each other's way? Didn't they want to assert dominance or were they afraid to die at the hands of another murderer?

Since they couldn't use weapons, they were probably more cautious.

"Does he have a habit of walking around?" Eric's brain also worked much faster. Maybe being a protagonist was a good thing. Ha ha ha... Yeah no.

"Usually, after his dinner."

Eric blanked, "How do you know what time it is?"

"We can only shower during specific times. To be precise, 3 times a day, so we use it as our meal time signal. The shower only turns on at those times."

Why was this so elaborate?

"Ok, just before he comes out, we slip a note to the other male murderer asking him to come to our room. We barricaded ourselves in and wait for them to meet each other. They haven't killed yet because they refused to see each other but once they meet, it should be inevitable to kill the other."

Eric has read enough about murderers and psychopaths to understand their psychology. At least he wanted to believe it.

However, it was only reading and Eric wasn't sure if it applied to real life. That was why the content of the note needed to pit them against each other. Make them inevitable to kill the other. In order to deal with a killer, one has to think like one.

"How long until dinner time?"

"It's currently night so we have to wait until the next day."

"Ok, we can prepare."

"P-Prepare what?"

"Barricade ourselves, so no one can come in even if they try to use force."

Tom nodded as if a lightbulb went on. Eric didn't gamble on the chance. Waiting a whole day was time-wasting and Eric wanted to leave here as soon as possible but proper preparation was key. He couldn't disregard that.

Being in this death situation, Eric really wished he was back in the Demon World. Heck, he'd even take on Del's monstrous ass destroyer! Anything was better than this!

For the rest of the night, Eric and Tom decided to sleep in the same room. The apartment could be locked but if someone decided to break it down, it wouldn't hold out.

So, the next day, Eric and Tom tried various methods until they successfully barricaded the room.

"Timmy, let's eat," Tom put two cups of instant noodle on the table. Eric wasn't used to being called Timmy but still gave Tom a smile which made the teen blush.

"Thanks, Tom," but Eric rang with himself for a while. He didn't want to eat with his hands, he'd burn himself. After watching Tom, Eric took the bowl and put it to his lips. He's gonna slurp like this.

And so,  the day passed until evening struck and it was time to set their half-baked plan into motion but it was ok! Eric was the protagonist, even if he messed up, plot armour should be on his side and this small thing should be pardoned by the readers.

Eric took the pen and paper and wrote a note: 'Fuck you murderer, go and die, suck my pp.'