Hot at night

While Eric and Fil entered the wasteland, rumours spread around the whole world. It multiplied like an airborne disease, ravage like wildfire and came with the force of a tsunami. Yes, it was about how their great hero was being deceived by his lover, scheming to take over the hero and manipulate him like a puppet.

Their beloved hero, admired, respected and worshipped. How could the superheroes and cultivators allow this? Gritting their teeth, feeling pain and sadness for their hero, a true miracle has been achieved. Unity. 

Since the existence of the world for the first time, superheroes and cultivators joined hands against a common goal. Eric. They took it upon themselves to destroy this vile enemy and free their hero from the evil mastermind's grasps who took advantage of their hero.

Yes, what Eric wanted to achieve through using the demons as a scapegoat to rally both forces together, has already been done. There was no need for the demons. The forces already targeted Eric. Of course, Eric and Fil didn't know it and the demons, villains, the whole wasteland had no idea about these rumours.

Since the wasteland was cut off from the rest of the world, hardly any news travelled in and out. Those that did, did belatedly. So, Eric was still clueless about how ¾ of the entire world was after his life.

Eric and Fil travelled to the outskirts of the capital, and suddenly a thought struck Eric. Wait, who was the hero even? What did the hero do that both superheroes and cultivators worshipped him?

What great deed did the hero do? How did the hero become the hero? Eric's never questioned the hero's identity and now that he thought about it, it was very weird. Eric wanted to ask Fil but realised night already broke on.

Since they were already in the capital, albeit very far from the centre, Eric told Fil, "Let's find a place to rest for the night."

Fil gave Eric a funny look, "Oh, right, human's need to sleep."

Oh, right, I'm sorry for being so inferior and unable to go a week without sleeping like a demon!

"Yes, aren't you hungry as well?" Eric lured Fil to an inn. It was a typical inn. The ground floor had a reception, small pub while the rooms were on the upper floors. Eric sighed seeing this. He missed his 6 stars hotels.

"Welcome," the receptionist greeted Eric and Fil with a friendly yet somehow sinister smile.

"Two rooms," Eric said and placed some silver on the counter.

"I'm sorry but we only have one last room available, with only one bed. Is that ok?"

Fuck you! Two grown men sleeping together. One a master and the other obviously a servant, you fucking think it's ok?

"Really? There are no other rooms?"

"I'm afraid not. Apologies but due to the knight celebration everything's booked out."

"Knight celebration?"

Eric felt weird that demons would become knights. But if there was a king, so...

"It's a yearly celebration but rather than a celebration, it's more of a competition. Demons and villains from all over the wasteland can join the knights through this competition: it's the only chance for us common people."

"I see," interesting, so these demons also had class systems. Eric sighed. No matter which civilisation, there was a class system that ruled everything.

"Are there any other places we can stay?" Eric turned back the topic yet the receptionist was stunned. 

"You didn't know? There are only a few inns in wasteland that accept you a lot. Our inn is the only one in the capital."

Lot huh? No wonder, the receptionist stared at them as if they were a juicy piece of rotten meat. Eric wondered if he felt that Fil was actually a demon. Probably not but what the fuck was with this rule? Wasn't this racist or whatever?

"It's not like we don't sleep together anyways," suddenly Fil spoke up after finishing observing the inn. 

This time the receptionist gave them a funny look. Curses at you Fil! Don't say such ambiguous stuff! Eric couldn't stand the receptionist's stare anymore and quickly said, "We'll take the room!"

A few minutes later, "Why the hell's the bed so small?"

It was actually a double bed but compared to Fil's extremely large king-sized bed this was a crammed suitcase in Eric's eyes.

"Teach's cursing?" Fil sounded amused and Eric realised he unknowingly discarded his act.

Damn, staying with these demons brought out Eric's true colours. Bit by bit his defense and naturally acting mechanism were melted away. Sooner or later, Eric would completely shed off his angel act when he was caught off guard. His skills he honed to perfection since birth to always be in an act would be undone!

Staying with these demons was the worst for Eric! The room was quite simple. A window, table, chair, bathroom and voila one fucking small bed. Fil laid down and looked at Eric, "What you waiting for?"

"I'm hungry, are you not?" Eric tried to change the topic.

"Is there room service?" Fil actually found a phone next to the bed and ordered some food. So the room was shabby but there was a fucking room service?

With no other choice, Eric sat next to Fil and and asked, "Why is the hero so loved? What did he do?"

This question stumped Fil before he laughed loudly, "The hero's like god! Is there a reason?"

So, your peanut brain wasn't able to produce anything good huh?

Eric thought maybe because the hero fought against an enemy or threat or because he was devastatingly powerful but guess not.

Anyways this wasn't the point.

"We have to figure out where the king is and talk to the king. We have to make him angry enough to declare war against superheroes and cultivators, so they can unite to fight against the demons and villains."

This was the best Eric could come up with in this situation. Editing a story on paper was so much easier but in person?

In that world? Where they could literally live and die and it wasn't easy to change characters, actions and words?

It was near impossible! Because everything in this world was real and lived, it wasn't easy, unlike just deleting a few sentences or rewriting a whole scene to change a character's personality! Damn this shit!

"Fil, did you hear?"

"Yes, I did," surprisingly Fil answered seriously.

"The demon king is a demon who also has superpower," Eric thought, "By the way, so you have to both superpower and cultivation?"

"Of course," Fil smirked.

After the food arrived Fil and Eric went to bed but suddenly, "Why is it so hot?"

Fil roared and Eric also started to sweat. They were wearing their robes but at night it got fucking hot in the desert! Shouldn't it be the opposite? Eric had a bad feeling. Oh no.

"I can't sleep like this," Fil grunted and voila, erotically stripped down until he only wore his underwear. 

Ripped. Ripped. So fucking ripped. Eric couldn't watch anymore and abashed turned around but oh, no, "Teach, strip as well, if you were all this stuff, it'll be hot in the bed for both of us."