...but if this disgusting sweetness continues, I'm qutting

The true canyon. This was what the mission was about. How could they find the true canyon amongst all of these abundances of canyons? In the first place, what was a true canyon? What was meant by it? At first, Eric broke his head about it before he realised, there was no need to think so hard! There was magic! And his magic was the most convenient one.

If this was a world without magic and Eric was another character, then yes, Eric would use his brain but now? No, no, no amateurs. It was very simple. Eric just had to imagine the answer! His magic 'imagination' was a super cheat. So Eric turned to Del with an angelic smile.

"I found a way to clear this mission."

But contrary to his expectations, Del frowned. This was the first time Eric saw Del being displeased with him. Suddenly, Eric's heart stung. Why did Del make such an expression? Why did Eric feel so unhappy about Del not throwing him his usual affection? Weird. It was truly weird how it bothered Eric so much.

Meanwhile, the true reason why Del frowned was that Eric used his angelic smile again. This meant Eric was acting! Which meant he closed himself off again! Just when Del thought, Eric and him were closer! This made Del unhappy, not knowing his action hurt Eric.

But Del quickly shook his head. Since Eric was back to his old self, this only main Del had to work harder. Seeing the lost and confused expression on Eric's face and his cautious, "Del?", Del smiled and brought Eric's hand to his lips. Pressing a kiss on Eric's knuckles, he seductively said, "Let's listen to what you have to say, how do we clear this mission?"

Eric was fascinated by Del's smile and it took him a while to process his words. Ah, why does my heart feel so warm now?

Embarrassed by his increasing feelings for Del, Eric cleared his throat and said, "I can use my magic and it's a bit special."

"Oh? What is it?" intrigued and happy to see Eric excited about not being powerless anymore, Del looked at Eric with gentle eyes and encouraged him to continue. However, now Eric felt more heat rising to his cheeks. Cough. Lately, Del has been very different and it worried but also wooed Eric, if he was honest.

"It's actually more like a cheat,'' Eric didn't know why but he suddenly felt abashed telling Del of his powers, after all, Del was a true mighty being. Eric still didn't know what kind of power Del and the other demon had, they easily could stomp onto Eric.

"What are you being shy for?" Del noticed the red tips of Eric's ears and his heart melted.

Eric was not only tempting in Del's eyes, no, he increasingly became cuter, to the point, Del didn't want to only bed Eric but also gently hold him and make sure no harm befell him. This strange protective feeling was tugging on his chest and left him perplexed, however, instead to feel appalled by it, Del embraced it. Yes, it was an alien sensation but he didn't fear it. Instead, it felt warm and fuzzy, so, Del wanted to experience more of it.

It was really strange for a demon. Eric might become the light Del searched for a long time, no, never knew he looked for.

Feeling the encouraging gaze of Del, Eric said, ''My magic is based on my imagination. Whatever I imagine becomes reality. So, if I imagine finding the right canyon, we might get there.''

"That sounds peculiar, I've never heard of it. Give it a try?" Del smiled and holy shit this smile could spalt the most ferocious volcano to erupt its lava everywhere and smother Eric in the excruciating bliss of what it meant to be for someone. Cough. Cough. Did Eric have something in his throat? He also felt Del's cheeky hand rubbing his hand as if he wanted to reassure him.

"By the way," Eric asked very nonchalantly, "What's your power? What kind of powers do demons have?"

"You want to know?"

Of course, who doesn't? If Eric was able to use his skill, he'd figure out what a mess he created in Del's head.

He wants to know more about me! We're getting closer and closer! Should I flaunt in front of him? Should I make myself more appealing? Does he like very powerful people? Yes, he should. Yes, yes, I should show him what I'm capable of. Yes, yes he should know what his husband can do. 

Eric watched how Del's face softened and slowly a smile akin to what any idiot wore, appeared. Eric's face fell, what the hell was he thinking now? If Eric knew, this canyon would become Del's burial ground. Praise Eric's skill not being able to activate and being entirely useless from beginning to the end during Eric's entire Demon World misfortune.

Finally, Del answered, "You'll know when we get back to the Demon World."

In the end, Del decided to make it akin to a grand finale. Eric gave up. He didn't want to know what conspired in Del's brain. His burning curiosity was to be quenched when they got back.

Instead, Eric focused on his magic. He imagined the path to the right canyon. It was a bit different from what he told Del. He wasn't imagining finding the right path but that whatever way they took was the right one.

Judging by the actual checkpoint and difficulty, one had to use wits and find clues and see through the checkpoint's words. It was also obvious that again, the contenders were pitted against each other. Only the strong ones were able to obtain the treasure. Of course, one could hide too but Eric was sure the people overseeing this hunt would force them into a confrontation.

However, Eric was OP. So, no need for this overcomplicated shit! Fuck off with that, this story changed to a fucking BL! Yaoi on top of that! Readers wanted spicy stuff and not stupid clearing ridiculous checkpoints that spanned over 10 chapters at least. No, no, resolve that shit within a few sentences and get to the diddly do already! Although Eric wanted none of it, lying in bed with Del was way more comfortable than splitting his damn head over a stupid mission.

After Eric finished casting his magic, he turned with confidence to Del, who was still immersed in whatever illusion he created himself and said, ''I finished. Let's try it. Although Eric was confident, he still wasn't to 100% sure, it really worked.

Eric only took the first step before he stopped, "Wait."

This time Eric closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Del only lifted his head when he found Eric was very cute like this, so the second Eric opened his eyes again, Del quickly rubbed his cheek against Eric's.

"Wha-" Eric was too stunned to say anything. W-What was up with Del? This character was too inconsistent! What the fuck? However, Eric turned his face away and felt the cursed heat rising again, Del acting like a cautious puppy like this was very adorable.

Thanks to Del's action, Eric almost forgot what he wanted to say. He pretended nothing happened, "Del, I just made us invisible. This should be easy, in case we meet others contenders. We can avoid a confrontation this way."

"Ok, you're the cleverest," Del praised Eric and acted as if he was a doting husband who listened to everything his wife said. Eric wanted to spit fucking blood! Then on top of his initial shock, Eric received the epitome an electricity could produce to shock people.

Del... Del! Del he! He! Actually grabbed Eric by the waist and kissed his nose! It was such a simple action, yet why was Eric's heart thumping so fast? Fuck, was he a maiden experiencing puppy love for the first time?

Del and he! Eric and others have done so many NSFW things so why the hell did such a pure and small thing, make him question himself? Since they were invisible, they couldn't see each other as well. So Del holding on to Eric made sense, however, why did this feel so romantic?

Fuck, heart calm down and don't sell yourself like this! Eric glanced at where Del should be and inexplicable feelings rose. What this Stockholm syndrome or something akin to this? Why... why did Eric start to feel like he could... fall for Del? He was straight and disliked Del's horniness but if...