One psycho after another?

No, Eric had to be calm and run away first. Eric's little body moved down the stairs while he and Slasherman seemed to have met eyes.

The moment Eric saw the dark outline of his murderer, all hairs on his body stood up like a cat when it met a cat fanatic and tried to slash said cat fanatic's throat to let all of the disgusting furry fantasies pour out but in the end, remained as a cute little angry cat in the cat fanatic's eyes.

But the second before Eric dashed down the stairs and the second he briefly saw Slasherman chasing after him with all of his might, Eric activated his mind-reading skills but of course just like the shitty system, this skill had endless bugs and could only be described as an abomination o- the original.

Countless error messages rang in Eric's head.

[Error-Error- Skills do not apply to fictional characters.]

Great, just great. Screw fiction! Eric swore the second he came out of this novel, the second he sent off all these fucking demons and the second he could go back to earth, Eric would quit being an editor for a lifetime and never, ever, ever associate himself with anything that was fiction related.

This was how fed up Eric was. Now that Eric moved down a few floors, his view constantly went up and down and he figured out he was roughly in the middle of this building. Above him must be several floors and below him as well but the fucking problem was the darkness!

This almost blackness, Eric barely saw anything but his eyes have now adjusted themselves. At least three floors down, Eric decided to quietly as possible make his way to the hallway. After all, what was the most logical thing to do? Obviously to see if there were other residents right?

Why was it that even though Slasherman made an abundance of noises, no one came out to see? Or could it be that they all knew of Slasherman and didn't dare to go out? Then why didn't Timmy go to his own apartment or to anyone else to seek help?

Eric knew that there was a reason but Eric couldn't be sure. All that he concluded right now was A- Timmy must live in this building and Slasherman found him, so that was where the chase began, meaning this was the very beginning of the story or B- either the residents were too scared to go out or this whole building was abandoned.

Eric's mind was flooded with fear, survival and confusion. He dashed to the hallway and sought to escape through the staircase at one of the ends of the hallway but then Eric stopped.

He just entered the hallway from the open space. To his left were two doors and to his right were three. At the every end of the right side from the third door's gap was light which meant someone lived there!

Since the most important thing was to find out information about this situation, building and Timmy, Eric had to talk to someone. It was inevitable. From his two choices- to escape or gather information obviously the latter was more important.

Gathering his nerves, Eric quickly walked to the third door. Apart from this door, it seemed there was no life behind the other doors.

Eric made sure to listen to any noises but there weren't. Either no one was there or they slept. Eric didn't even know if it was day or night. The building itself had no windows in the hallways and staircases but judging for the third apartment's light it had to be night.

Eric heard the pounding footsteps of Slasherman and all rationality left this mind and urgency overcame him stronger than before. Eric knocked on the door quietly so his predator wouldn't hear.

1, 2- Eric prayed that someone would open the door.

3- Slasherman came into the hallway and found Eric. His pace accelerated and when Eric saw his life flash before his eyes, the door in front of him opened and Eric instantly rushed in and slammed the door shut behind him, hopefully having kept out the monster and not confined himself to an even larger doom.

Eric's eyes had to adjust to the blinding light before he saw his surroundings.

"Are you ok?" a male's voice captured Eric's attention, "Little boy, what are you doing here so late?"

Eric looked up and saw a middle-aged man who was surprisingly well-groomed and good-looking, however, the same couldn't be said to his apartment. One look already told that the rent here must be ridiculously low for such a cheap-looking apartment.

It was a one-room apartment except for the bathroom, quite small but it had everything yet Eric's view instantly fell onto the single window in the whole room and froze.

W-What the actual fuck? Eric's situation was getting worse. The window, a symbol of freedom and escape suddenly became so suffocating and horrifying. In the first place, it was already small so a person couldn't climb through it but the thick, big grid in front of the window gave one a feeling of being confined and kept in hell.

The grids were so close and big that the window couldn't even be opened. Panic and hopelessness welled up in Eric.

If all the rooms looked like this, was there any way to escape?

Could the only way to escape be the entrance or the roof?

What if there wasn't a roof or even the entrance was-

"Little boy, you look pale, are you ok?" the male crouched down and patted Eric's head but each time his hand made contact with Eric, only desperate thoughts and revolting sensation shot through his body.

This man was definitely not normal too! Who the hell could live in such a place like this and stay sane? No, the even worse thing was that this seemingly normal man was so kind and unfazed and pretended that there was nothing out of sorts.

"I'm ok..." Eric stammered and a bad premonition hit him. Perhaps, no one in this building was normal. In the hallway was a maniac murderer and before Eric was a wolf in disguise. No matter how Eric saw it, he couldn't survive. This book... was too cursed!

---------------

At first I wanted to make a proper thriller/horror arc but then I remembered this is comedy so f that lmao