I'm doomed, the Demon World dooms me

Two hours. Eric had to check this whole floating island for Nol. This was easier said than done, after all, this place was huge. Nol escaped quickly with a puff, so Eric didn't even get the slightest clue in which direction Nol went.

This was too unfair, but Eric had to be quick. Exploring this island took probably more than hours, much less finding someone in the secret and hidden place he wasn't familiar with. Eric looked around. This place literally was a normal village on earth. This island looked completely different from the capital island.

This was the difference between royalty and common folk, between posh and normal, between rich and poor. It wasn't any different than how the social classes in the human world worked. The only thing was that this whole island was like a small country! It was as big as several metropolitan cities but it was divided into different areas.

There were several villages separated by streets and borders but there were also larger cities. All of these made up one city in the Demon World. Eric gulped when he realised that the size of the island was much bigger than he had anticipated. So, come again? Had to find Nol in this vast wilderness of strange, alien places?

Ah, of course, of course, Eric was doomed from the very start. Nol has never even given him the thought or the tiniest opportunity of winning. Basically, Nol ensured his own victory while hammering Eric's defeat into stone to place it on a mountain forever to remain there as a world wonder.

The second this realisation echoed through Eric's brain, he instantly wanted to give up. What he should do was to wait for the two hours to be over and Nol to come and get him. So what if Eric had to become a slave? It was fine, it was only a fast track to get Nol as soon as possible out of Eric's life to the human world.

Right now, there were no demons loitering around. All around Eric was dark but Eric knew he couldn't stay here and wait, after all, they teleported right into the centre of the city. Maybe soon after midnight all the demons came busting out and flock to here to do whatever demons did, then Eric, as the pitiful and juicy human, was at a disadvantage.

So, Eric had to get moving and find a safe hiding spot. Eric was sure that no matter what, Nol would be able to find him. Tsk, demons and their powers.

Once again, Eric felt bitter he was a powerless human. Eric left the centre of the village where many shops and restaurants were, Eric didn't even want to imagine what kind of food these demons ate.

Luckily, Del was considerate enough to let Eric eat human food and not eat humans as food. Eric shuddered at the thought as his legs carried him towards the end of the village until he came to the dangerous, very dangerous edge of the island leading to the black and very gruesome abyss whose bottom, Eric definitely never wanted to experience or know what loomed there waiting in hiding to feast on Eric.

Since there were demons, there must be monsters and other creatures too. However, when Eric reached the end of the island, he thought it was the perfect opportunity to look around and sure enough, there were at least four islands including the one Eric was on, that circled around the capital island where the palace was.

Eric guessed that there must be more islands and they all surrounded the capital island as if it was a precious jewel. Yet Eric was a bit confused. He thought the Demon World was very large or maybe this was only a tiny bit of what the Demon World actually was.

Either way, the other three islands were all of the same size, so this island Eric was on must also be as large as those. At the sight of the capital island, Eric sighed. He wished nothing more than to be there. He never thought he'd crave for the palace and his bedroom so much.

Eric sighed again but then retreated from the edges when he saw some demons flying around. They seemed to be of the same species or race as Mak was. Eric could only guess that some demons could teleport and some couldn't, some had wings and some didn't. This was an interesting find but Eric didn't bother being in their field of vision just to watch them.

Eric went on his search for a hiding spot again, "I just need somewhere for a short while, is that so hard?"

Whenever Eric found a place he could hide in, his instinct told him it wouldn't be safe and he should find another one. This went on until an hour passed. It was a good thing that Eric didn't meet a single demon, however, the bad news was that one way or another, Eric left the village and found himself lost in an empty area with only one large street that probably connected to the next village.

Being so out here in the open, Eric suddenly appreciated the houses with the many demons residing in there. But it was so dark that Eric couldn't see which direction he went and just blindly walked along the streets.

It wasn't long before he found a silver lining. He arrived in a village but it was unclear if it was the same one or a new one. The only thing Eric knew was that there were demons! A massive flock of them!

Luckily, they didn't discover Eric, instead, they all surrounded something in the centre of the village and screamed.

It seemed demons also didn't need lights to see in the dark but Eric heard them clearly.

"Get out of here!"

"I can't believe you dare to show your face!"

"Hey, can we do-"

"Are you insane? Although it's tempting, you can't because-"

"Get out now!"

The voices were all clearly hostile. Eric wondered who they were talking about and who they were being hostile towards. Human nature was one of curiosity. Even though Eric could die, he still got closer until he clearly saw the mob of demons.

Through the small gaps here and there, Eric caught a few glimpses of the person the demons were surrounding. Eric almost choked.

It was Nol! But Nol was a prince, so why were these demons brave enough to spite him? More than that, why was Nol so hated by them?