chapter 54

Soobin was already on the road and he had no reason to hold back his tears anymore, so he let them break free as they spilled down his face while he drove the car at high speed, not thinking about anything else but Yeonjun and every moment spent with him. He was feeling how huge lump was stuck in his throat, blocking air not to let him inhale while he kept driving recklessly. He didn't care that he might hit anyone with his car or smash into another vehicle, because he was too busy drowning in his grief from head to toe. What would happen now? He let the scientist go and how would he be able to find Taehyun? What was he supposed to do?

He was sobbing violently, barely seeing the road through his blurry eyes. He grabbed his cell phone and dialed Kai's number even though tears were making it hard for him to see clearly. He placed it over his ear as he kept desperately gasping for ear, feeling like he was going to choke anytime. He was hoping that his boyfriend would answer his call and comfort him, tell him that everything was going to be alright, but he didn't even pick up his call. Soobin waited impatiently before the call didn't get declined, making him throw his phone away aggressively in anger as he screamed at the top of his lungs, his palm hitting the steering wheel violently, wanting to feel pain, even the slightest hint of it, but he wasn't feeling anything except the torture that was making him breathless.

"Where are you?", he choked out feebly, "Where are you?"

He didn't even have an idea that Kai was sitting in his car at that time hidden in the forest as he stood far from the place Soobin's car was parked earlier, getting outside unhurriedly. His eyes kept being fixed on the pink haired boy who was standing motionless on one place, his hand gripping the tree for support since he was feeling extremely weak as he tried to walk. He couldn't even notice the black haired male who stood on the right side, looking at him and slowly sauntering towards him until he saw the older collapsing and slumping against the ground, probably losing his consciousness. Kai swiftly ran over him and kneeled down, checking if he was awake or not and he found him unconscious which was definitely making his job easier. So he stood at older's head and bent down to him, his arms slipping under his armpits as he raised his back up a bit and dragged him towards the back of his car while he panted from exhaustion. He pulled the older boy into the trunk of his car and locked him inside, in a complete darkness. After that he entered his car and started the engine, quickly driving off from that place. He was wondering why Soobin had left him and not taken the boy to him, but he knew it would happen. He didn't want to think that Soobin could have developed feelings towards the scientist, because his heart was hurting too much at the thought of it, but at the same time he knew that Soobin would never love anyone else more than him even though he didn't deserve his love for lying to him so violently. But after all, Kai believed that he was acting correctly because he was doing everything for his boyfriend, to finally see him happy. He would even sacrifice himself for that.

He took Yeonjun to one old container warehouse which was deserted and placed him on the chair, his hands behind the rails while a rope tightly wrapped around his wrists, harshly tying them together. Kai called his man and ordered him to get his private plane ready for night since he wanted to see his boyfriend before leaving. He was going to go when Yeonjun slowly revived, slightly whining at the pain in his wrists as he tried to move them, but failed, making him snap his eyes open immediately which instantly grew wide at seeing an unknown environment and Kai who was standing in front of him and looking at him blankly. Yeonjun glanced at him in terror as he tried to move his hands again, but they were tied very tightly, so all he managed to do was to hurt his wrists even more.

"Stop trying", Kai remarked unemotionally in a cold tone, "You can't get free. We're going to Japan this night"

His last words made Yeonjun freeze on his place as he gaped shockingly at the younger boy, "W-what?", he squeaked out, wondering why Kai had caught him after Soobin left him free.