chapter 96

The sun had already fully arisen on the blue blanket of the sky and was shining over the pink haired boy who was outside the yard and looking for Soobin desperately. He and Seokjin were getting out of the building when they noticed that Soobin was no longer with them and started looking for him separately. They had already checked the building and were now scanning the outside environment, but he was still nowhere in sight. However, Yeonjun stopped in his tracks when he ran towards the back side of four massive walls and saw the blue haired male on the other side, his head turning around confusingly, making him look like a lost puppy as he was searching for Yeonjun himself too. He stopped when he saw the pink haired boy in front of him, many feet away from him and Yeonjun's lips curled up into a faint smile because he figured that the younger was looking for him as well. Soobin wanted to run towards him as soon as he glimpsed him and hug him with his entire strength, but he knew, whatever his heart was begging for, was utterly impossible.

"Go, put it on him when you meet him in hell"

His deadly words rang in his mind and brought a lot of emotional pain to him and even though they had many beautiful memories too with each other, those words still had ability to block their way towards each other. There was no chance he would ever manage to be with him again, because after what Yeonjun said about Kai, any step taken towards him would only disrespect his dead boyfriend's soul and Soobin wasn't a kind of person who would still do it despite being aware of the offence. Maybe it was his chance to say goodbye to Yeonjun and maybe it was the last time they were seeing each other. Soobin knew one thing for sure, he didn't want to leave any more bad memories about him into older's mind, he wanted them to break up once and for all peacefully, even though his heart was begging for the opposite.

"You'll be cold like that", Soobin muttered as he planted his face in older's neck, breathing in the dazzling scent of him, which Yeonjun definitely felt and caused his lips to curl up into a small smile for some reason.

"I won't, I'm feeling fine", he uttered, strengthening his arms around the younger even more and burying his face into his neck, feeling snug and safe from cold in younger's arms even though the cold rain was pouring crazily over them.

Were the memories meant to fade away like that? Soobin still remembered every feeling and sensation which were erupting in his body when they first kissed each other under the teardrops of the sky and through its deep thoughts which were engulfing their bodies in grey smokes. Even though many bad things happened, he had never regretted any second of it, because older's lips tasted like the sweetest candies and they were enough to fill his heart with beautiful flowers blossoming inside him, but now his heart was feeling heavy. It was sitting like a rock in his chest as he was stepping towards the older boy who was looking at him with an unknown gaze while his feet were dragging him too towards the younger boy. Every inch which were separating them from one another, felt like the longest road for them and minutes were feeling like ages. Even though they were the best things to each other they could ever land their eyes upon, their hearts still knew they could never be connected again despite the fact that they were beating only for each other. Yeonjun wasn't going to cry this time, because he had already cried enough, he wasn't going to beg, because he had already begged enough. His lips were just smiling faintly at the blue haired boy in front him as if it was the best thing he could say goodbye to him with. 

"Why are you looking sad?"

"Because I don't want to leave you ever"

"Then you don't have to", Yeonjun replied, his eyebrows furrowing slightly at younger's sudden confession.

"But things don't always work in our favor"

. . .

"I'm sorry if I ever hurt you, because I will never want that", Soobin uttered, his voice cracking in the end while Yeonjun kept staring up at him with still a dumbfounded face as he was trying to process his words, "I'm sorry if I ever fail you, hyung, but always know that it will never be my fault, the life will be the one to be blamed, because it's ruthless, very cruel"