chapter 18

The whole environment was saturated with a revolting smell of alcohol and sweat in the club as Yoongi sat at the bar with Hoseok beside him, drinking vodka just to distract himself since he wanted to release his tension for some time. It wasn't easy going through such a big pain and fear because of his cousin and handling his businesses simultaneously, at least he was a human too and not a rock which couldn't feel any emotion. Hoseok was there to accompany him, his only friend when he needed someone and a shoulder to cry on. He barely managed to calm the male when his feelings took over him and started weeping. Yoongi felt much better after letting his emotions out though, making his body empty from negative feelings.

"Do you think Kai will contact us?" Hoseok asked as he took a sip of his vodka, darting his eyes at the brown haired male afterwards who was wiping his last teardrops off his face.

"I don't know," he answered, letting out a shaky breath and sniffling slightly, "We have to wait and see."

"If he wanted to make concessions, he would already have. In my opinion, that boy doesn't care about his mafia member," Hoseok said, shrugging his shoulders, not even having a clue that Kai was going to help Jimin secretly, with the help of Soobin.

Yoongi nodded, not arguing with him since he knew Hoseok was right but he still had a hope that Kai wouldn't leave Jimin in trouble. He needed to know everything about Black Shadow, especially if they had connections with the Japan government which was pretty obvious but he still wanted to make sure. He just couldn't figure why his old enemy had returned since they made an agreement and cut their bonds in the past.

"What about Kwan?" Hoseok asked suddenly, changing the topic. "Did you fix your relationship with him?"

"Yeah," Yoongi said, drinking his vodka and ordering another glass afterwards, "He gave us the second chance. We should guarantee that Black Shadow won't put any obstacle in our path again or Kwan's gonna end our contract."

"Maybe they just gave up since we've heard nothing from them recently," Hoseok stated, "If they are really looking for the implant, they have no chance, so why should they keep fighting with us?"

"You never know," Yoongi shrugged, gulping down his vodka again and grimacing from the burning feeling in his throat.

They stayed there for some more minutes before Yoongi got too exhausted to handle the unpleasant loud bangs of music. They took a taxi since both of them were drunk and could easily get fined. Yoongi went up to Yeonjun's again to check up on him as usual, noticing that silver haired boy was sleeping there this time too as he didn't want to leave the injured boy alone even for a single night.

Yoongi sauntered inside, his steps careful and quiet because he didn't want to wake Beomgyu up since he seemed very tired. The brown haired boy spent some minutes with his cousin just staring at him and enjoying every moment of being close to him. Some doctors were staying in their house every day to keep track of his condition, but they still weren't able say for sure if Yeonjun was going to make it or not since his lung was badly injured. Yoongi was devastated by the idea of the younger boy meeting his death, his life would fall apart and he would no longer be able to be strong like he always had been. However, he preferred not to think about this and have a hope instead, since even a little spark of faith crammed his body with the energy he needed to keep living. He kissed the younger's forehead and whispered 'good night' to him before turning back and leaving to go to his room and get some rest as his body was begging for it.

***

Even though it was midnight, Kai was still up since he had so much to do that he couldn't spare time for sleep. He was going to meet the psychiatrist while his men were working on finding Kim Seokjin's location. He spent some minutes on the road, streets brightened up by plenty of lamps and lights coming from different markets or buildings. His window was pulled down since he was feeling hot inside, his sleepiness clearing away at feeling the cold air hitting his face. Some more minutes passed before he parked his car in front of a huge building and went out. He felt an unpleasant smell of medicaments as soon as he was inside, causing him to scrunch his nose in disgust as his face twisted. He asked for Mrs. Seulgi's cabinet in the reception and went straight to the third floor as told. It was really late, but he still could hear creepy noises coming from some patients' wards. They were screaming and some of them were crying desperately as doctors tried to mollify them. Walls were painted only in green and white colors, creating nasty and distressing aura. Kai strolled in the halls, trying to ignore sickening smell that circulated in the air, causing his lungs to burn. He finally reached the doctor's cabinet and knocked before twisting the knob to open the door and get inside.

"Are you free?" He asked while the black haired woman took her glasses off and stood up with a huge smile plastered on her face, her dark hair flowing beyond her shoulders.

"You are Huening Kai, right?" she asked enthusiastically as Kai walked towards her desk, putting on a polite smile.

"Yes, it's me," he answered with a friendly smile spread on his face while shaking hands with her.

"I've heard much about you and your boyfriend from Izanagi," Seulgi said as she pointed out the chair in front of her. "Sit down, please," she offered, landing on her chair as her brightened up eyes kept being locked to the boy.

"Thanks," Kai smiled, taking place in front of the woman and making himself comfortable.

"Okay. What do you need?" Seulgi asked, pressing her palms together and intertwining her fingers while her eyes landed on the younger boy, waiting patiently for his answer.

Kai pulled his phone out of his pocket immediately, scrolling through the photos until seeing the pictures he needed and showing it to the woman who took the phone interestingly and casted a glance at it. "I need to know everything about those pills," he announced. Kai saw how Seulgi raised her eyebrow as more interest crept across her face. She shook her head slightly from side to side as she returned her gaze to the curious boy who was waiting for her impatiently, his face occupied with a huge concern as his eyes observed the doctor's reactions and mimics attentively. "Do you know how often the patient takes them?"

Kai nodded his head, "As his doctor's instruction says he takes some of them two times a day, and the rest only once."

Seulgi's face got even more serious now, "These are very strong psychotropic drugs," she started, springing up even more curiosity in the boy. "Usually they are used to treat insomnia and anxiety which is sometimes accompanied by depression, but those pills lower blood levels of cholesterol and may even impair memory and other mental processes. Some of them depresses signaling in the CNS which can lead to memory loss as well. No doctor would instruct their patients to take that much amount of benzodiazepines and antidepressant drugs. Trust me, there's something wrong, their doctor either want to cause amnesia to them, or to preserve the existing condition if they already suffer from the memory loss."

Kai knitted his eyebrows as his eyes narrowed, trying to figure what Yoongi could be hiding from his cousin's past. "Are you sure?" He asked just to wipe all his doubts away.

"Absolutely," Seulgi replied so confidently that Kai was already assured, feeling confusion filling up his body.

"Okay," he said with a flustered expression as he nodded his head and got on his feet, the doctor repeating his moves and standing up herself too. "This information is really helpful. Thanks for sparing your time for me."

Seulgi only gifted him a kind smile while shaking hands with him as a sign of goodbye this time. "Give my regards to master Izanagi," she said, Kai nodding his head politely, walking out of the cabinet afterwards. He left the mental hospital and placed himself back in his car as he made his way back to his home, his mind still deeply enveloped in thoughts about Yoongi and Yeonjun. He wanted to call Soobin and tell him everything the doctor had said to him but he changed his mind when he saw on his phone that it was already 2am. He decided that Soobin might have been asleep by that time and chose to inform him the following day instead.