chapter 25

Seoul, 2010

"Cry!", a security guard yelled as he grabbed Soobin's cheeks harshly and hit him with all of his strength, making the boy collide to the basement ground of the research facility loudly. The man leaned down to him and clutched his hair as he pulled his head back forcefully, flames of anger burning his body at seeing his completely dry and emotionless face, not even a single tear running down his face nor the reflection of pain. "Don't you hear me?!", the man shouted again, drops of his spit spreading over the boys face as he closed his eyes in disgust, "Do you want me to give you more reason to cry, huh?!", he asked angrily as he stood up and started to unbuckle his belt, "This is what happens to kids who are disobedient to their elders", he said as he unbuttoned his pants too.

Soobin's eyes brimming with tears, knowing what was coming his way for the second time already.

Present, 2020

Soobin's eyes flung open as a heavy exhale escaped his mouth, his forehead sweating from terrible sensations left by his nightmare. He groaned loudly and covered his face with his palms as he tried to calm his nerves, flash of dreadful memories still haring in his mind as a huge feeling of disgust spread across his body and tears filled his eyes. "No. Don't cry", he murmured in a weak voice.

The blue haired male sat up in his bed and climbed off it lazily. He went to the window after he was done dressing himself and opened it widely, a fresh, cold waves of morning air hitting his face immediately and curing his distress little by little. His eyes were closed softly as he inhaled clean air through his nostrils unhurriedly, filling his lungs with more oxygen. He looked down at the beautiful garden shining from brightness of the sun rays that fell upon them willfully and was surprised when he spotted the pink haired male sitting on the concrete of the fountain and sliding his fingers in cold water lazily. His skin even more vivid and dazzling under the sunlight that was kissing his epidermis passionately as small breeze kept caressing his candy cotton hair, blowing his salmon strands slightly.

The blue haired male gave him a cold glare from above, his eyes digging holes into his head as if he wanted to kill him with just his stare even though Yeonjun hadn't done anything bad to him indeed. Soobin closed the window and left his room with a slow pace as his feet dragged him towards the backdoor of the house, strong waves of annoyance and hatred still lingering in his mind. Yeonjun turned his head towards him as soon as he saw the blue haired male coming towards him and placing himself on the concrete next to him with a blank expression on his face. None of them said anything, Soobin just stared senselessly in the space in front of him silently as Yeonjun stared down at his floating hand in the water again but his mind was completely flown away since he could think about nothing but his confusing relationship with the silver haired male.

"You're thinking about him, right?", Soobin suddenly spoke up, his voice completely blank and emotionless, his icy eyes fixing on the pink haired male who looked at him with a slight fluster on his face.

Yeonjun just ignored his question since he didn't want to talk with anyone about that topic and gave him a glare, signaling the cerulean haired male not to go on with his questions. Soobin chuckled slightly as Yeonjun looked in the water again, his thin fingers making little ripples in it as he slowly circled the liquid. Soobin's eyes drifted from his focused face to his exposed skin down his pink crop top which looked even more smooth and touchable under the blanket of luminosity. However, for some reason it sprang up even more abomination in the blue haired boy and it was really a miracle how Yeonjun's skin wasn't burning from the inferno shot out of younger's glowing eyes.

"You shouldn't waste your heart for someone who can't love you back", Soobin spoke again, making the older boy stiffen form his remark.

A slight tension settled in the atmosphere before Yeonjun's icy stare would create even more pressure, even air became heavy around them. "You don't know a thing", he announced in a threatening tone which had zero effect on the younger male in front of him.