chapter 93

Minutes seemed like ages and each breath of the universe seemed too heavy as the blonde boy was standing at the reanimation room and looking at his lover being somewhere else when Taehyun wanted him only with him. His palm was patting the cold glass, his finger pads prickling because of the tingles coming from the icy surface as his tearful eyes watched the unconscious boy with a desperate gaze. What could be worse than seeing him in that fragile condition? It felt exactly like spikes piercing through the different parts of his heart, causing it to bleed inside his body. His second hand was holding the teddy bear tightly as if he was afraid of dropping it accidentally, because it was the only thing which was making him feel close to the silver haired boy. He was seeing how the lines were being drawn on the heart monitor and it looked like his heart was beating peacefully, yet Taehyun knew that it wasn't a sign that he would definitely manage to recover. Hope was the only thing which was keeping him alive but he wanted to walk up to him and hold his hand so bad. What if Beomgyu was afraid and couldn't say it? Why did people have to leave their loved ones alone in the other room when they didn't even know if they would ever manage to touch their warm skin again?

"I'll be waiting for you, hyung," he mumbled in a tearful voice even though there were no tears on his face. He had been crying so much that now he was feeling like he was drained from them. His grip on the toy tightened as he lifted it to his chest and hugged it as if it was Beomgyu and not just his toy, "You are my fairy, did you forget? You have no right to leave because you are supposed to be with me forever to light up my world."

There was so much adoration screaming from the blonde's eyes that it would even be able to destroy and overpower any enemy with love, but it was still powerless in front of death. Maybe life was unfair, but Taehyun believed that there was still left little bits of kindness in its undying sea of detestation. He believed that the universe wouldn't let Yeonjun's every attempt and sacrifice go to waste and it wouldn't take Beomgyu's life away. He was still young, too young to die and too loved to be lost like that. Beomgyu had to give up many things to reach his lover, for them to be together forever and there was no way it could be that short. They weren't supposed to be separated like that.

"I'm not going to lose you, baby," Taehyun uttered in a low voice again, "I'll be waiting here until you open your eyes. I'm not letting you go that easily. Don't be scared, okay? We'll see each other again. I'm going to watch your beautiful eyes full of life and sparkles every day. It's my promise, hyung. Don't be afraid, I know you hear me and I know you are still feeling everything that's in my heart."

Taehyun saw very well how the fragile boy's heart quickened a little bit on the monitor before it returned to its normal pace again, but it was completely enough for the blonde male to know that he was there, with him. It made his heart to race too, and his eyes glinted with anticipation as sparks of hope got even stronger in him, flaring inside him exactly like the sparkle of fire. A happy smile of excitement flashed across his face and there was joy swimming behind his eyes again.

"Thank you," he said as tears prickled his red rimmed eyes and his palm went to cover his mouth, "Thank you so much, baby..."

____

Everyone was standing in the yard, doing nothing but walking around nervously and letting out groans of distress occasionally as they couldn't think of anything which would help them against Izanagi. That man was truly crazy for risking his life like that and wrapping himself up in bombs and now everyone was trapped because of it. Even their one attempt to go against him could end everything fatally and Yoongi didn't care about his own life, he was scared because of Jimin and the members of his mafia.

"Now, are we going?" Izanagi asked in a victorious tone while Yeonjun swallowed nervously, his mind running in places and imagining terrible scenarios which was possible to happen if he went with Izanagi or if he didn't, but he knew only one thing for sure, he couldn't let even a single piece of hair to fall from Soobin's head.