chapter 4

Jungkook carried Soobin to the designated medical room used whenever a member of their mafia was injured. Their family doctor, along with others, performed a proper operation while Yeonjun and Yoongi interrogated the driver in the basement, attempting to extract information about their enemies. Despite Yoongi assuming that beating the man was futile, he pulled out his gun, aiming it at the man's forehead as tears streamed down his face.

"Please," he begged in a trembling voice, "I don't know anything. Someone just told me to replace the old driver and attack you at the first opportunity. Then they would come to take the shipments, but no one expected you would be so many and attack them instead."

"All of that is already clear to us. I need useful information about the mafia. How did that man look like?" Yeonjun demanded.

"I swear I don't know anything else. He was wearing a mask, I'm not lying."

"Then why should I keep you alive?!" Yoongi growled, "You are completely useless to us."

"This is your last chance," Yeonjun spoke up with a cold voice, "Say something beneficial or you'll be shot in the forehead, it's up to you."

"T-they caught a man of the dispatcher and f-forced him to reveal the date and address of every goods traffic this month."

"Where is the man now?" Yeonjun asked.

"They have killed him."

Yoongi nodded, keeping his revolver aimed at the man's forehead. "Got anything else to say?" he asked, and the driver shook his head from side to side. A gunshot echoed throughout the basement, leaving behind the lifeless body. Yeonjun looked at the dead driver with a cold expression, showing no guilt for not stopping his cousin, knowing the man wasn't innocent. "Let's go," Yoongi said, taking a last glance at the driver before leaving the basement with his younger cousin, leaving a brutally murdered body behind.

In the living room, the doctor ran up to them, holding a phone. Both Yoongi and Yeonjun looked at him with curious eyes. "It was in the pocket of that boy's trousers."

Yoongi quickly snatched the phone and lit its screen. He scrolled through the contacts and apps, finding only one unsettling picture – white roses illustrated in blood. The writing over it sent chills down both cousins' spines:

"I'm coming for you."

                               ***

Fortunately, Soobin had survived and after two days he managed to regain consciousness. The boy slowly opened his eyes, still feeling a little dizzy from the loss of some blood. He shut his eyes again for a moment and rubbed his forehead with a little frown on his face before opening them for the second time only to be greeted by the concerned face of the silver-haired boy.

"Hey, how are you feeling?", Beomgyu asked as he saw the blue-haired male waking up, "If your wound still hurts I can tell the doctor to give you some painkillers."

"I'm fine", Soobin blurted out, observing his face lazily before looking around the room, "Where am I?", he asked with a confused face.

"Our people found you shot, so they brought you here to give you some medical care."

Soobin hummed in understanding and closed his eyes again as he was feeling extremely tired. Beomgyu figured he needed some rest and decided to go and let him sleep peacefully, but then the door swung open and the pink-haired male peered inside, making the blue-haired one gape his eyes open and look into his direction curiously. As it seemed like Yeonjun had heard the two of them talking from the outside.

"Good thing you are finally awake", Yeonjun said, before bringing a chair to his bed and placing himself on it, the boy's curious eyes never leaving his face.

"Haven't you still found out anything about the mafia?" Beomgyu asked from behind, earning a positive answer from the older, "Yeah, we've learned pretty much about Black Shadow", he lied, his eyes still glued to Soobin's face as he was looking for the male's reaction, but Soobin's mimics didn't even budge a bit, "We know you are one of them", Yeonjun now said to him, noticing how his muscles tensed up at once, "Your man is now dead buried deep in the ground and if you don't want to join him there, say who you are and why you keep attacking us."

"I-I-" Soobin stuttered, his palms sweating from the nervousness rising in his body, "I-I am not a member of their m-mafia."

"Oh, really?" Yeonjun asked in a mocking voice, making the boy even more anxious, "Then who are you? Got any better idea?"

Soobin moved his gaze to the silver-haired male behind Yeonjun who listened to them with interest written over his face. The blue-haired boy hoped Beomgyu would help him since he seemed kind to him, but the boy wasn't even saying a word, "I am their victim", Soobin finally uttered, making Yeonjun frown and narrow his eyes in curiosity.

"Victim?", he questioned, still unsure of the male's sincerity. Soobin nodded his head in agreement and looked down at his lap with a sad face, making Yeonjun even more puzzled, "What did they do to you?"

"They abused me."

"But I don't see any scars."

Soobin stared at Yeonjun with sadness in his eyes before sitting up in bed and turning his body around, revealing horrible fresh scars all over his back. Yeonjun couldn't help, but feel bad for putting so much pressure on the boy, his body filling with guilt as he looked away from the blue-haired male's assaulted frame. He felt furious because the doctor had said nothing about the scars, otherwise, he would have known about them from the very beginning. "Why did they do that?" he asked in a softened voice as he gave the boy a furtive glance to check whether he still had his back facing him.

"They just enjoyed being violent," Soobin answered as he leaned back against a headboard of the bed.

"Why did they take you, who are you? Is it related to your family?"

"No. I don't have a family, I live in the streets."

Yeonjun nodded as he assumed they had just taken the boy for their own enjoyment, empathy towards the male cramming into him painfully as he tried to fight off the unpleasant feeling. However, he was still confused about why Black Shadow decided to leave the dead body of an innocent boy to them. If they intended to leave the message on the phone, they could simply leave the mobile behind without killing anyone, but finally, Yeonjun came to the conclusion that they just wanted to get rid of the boy, so they used him for their intentions against the Jaguar mafia.

"Do you know anything about the mafia?" he stated another question, having a hard time looking into the boy's eyes, "Their names or who their leader is?"

Soobin shook his head, "They call their leader Wendigo. That's the only thing I know."

"Have you ever met him?" the boy shook his head again, which Yeonjun was expecting, so he nodded his head and got up from his seat as he had no other questions in mind. He pulled out the phone they had found in Soobin's pocket and placed it on the little table in the room, "I guess this is yours," he mumbled before turning around to leave but he was stopped by Soobin's voice.

"What are you going to do to me?!" Soobin called out, afraid that they might kick him out or kill him as they didn't need him anymore.

"You're gonna stay here for a while before we come up with any other solution."

Soobin nodded, gratified with the other's answer. Yeonjun headed to the door, not even noticing that Beomgyu had already gone. He twisted the doorknob and was about to leave when something popped up into his mind. He didn't even know the name of the person who he was going to live with temporarily.

"What's your name?", he asked, looking back at the boy with curious eyes.

"Soobin," the boy answered, satisfying his curiosity.

"I'm Yeonjun. I hope we will get along well. Now go to sleep, you need some rest," Yeonjun said before opening the door and leaving the blue-haired male alone in the room who was now smirking at his disappearing form.

"I know who you are, baby."