chapter 8

The sun was already appearing on the horizon and its light invaded into the Yeonjun's room, making his sleepless and reddened eyes hurt from its brightness. Yeonjun whined in pain as he turned over and laid on his left side, his back facing the window now. His eyelids were closing as they were desperate for sleep, but even if Yeonjun closed them, he still wouldn't be able to drift off to sleep. His head was hurting so bad that he thought it would explode anytime soon, his heart was beating heavily and hitting disturbingly against his chest. Yeonjun couldn't stop shifting his body as every position was too uncomfortable for him. Three more hours passed in his attempts to take a nap until he finally gave up and rose up from his bed with a loud groan. It had been fourth time that week he couldn't manage to sleep for the whole night and he knew the cause of it. He had stopped taking his medicaments that was supposed to help him with his anxiety and insomnia, because Yeonjun didn't like how he had been depended on them for years. He wanted to finally be stronger and beat his mental issues without any medical help, and even though he was having a really hard time coping with it, he was still very stubborn.

Yeonjun finally got dressed and walked downstairs with difficulty as he was feeling dizzy and his breath was a bit hard. He went outside, hoping the morning fresh air would help him suppress his anxiety but vainly, it was only growing inside him more and more and it was already hard for him to take breaths.

Yeonjun went back into the house and walked into the kitchen to drink some water, but his hands were shaking so bad that he couldn't even manage to pour the liquid into the glass as he accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it into the pieces. Yeonjun placed his palms against the edge of the table and pressed his fingers strongly on it. Tears rolled down his face from the corners of his eyes as he was trying hard to inhale and take some air into his lungs but he couldn't since his lungs felt like they were quickly closing. "I'm fine," he kept repeating in his mind in order to calm himself down, "I'm fine, I can breathe."

"Yeonjun, hyung?" He heard a voice which was coming from a distance, but Yeonjun couldn't pay attention to it since he was busy dealing with his messy mind, "Are you okay?" Soobin asked as he ran up to the pink haired boy and put his hand gently over his shoulder while his eyes kept staring at his wet face, confused as to what was wrong with him and why he was crying.

"I-I can't b-breathe," Yeonjun slurred and slowly fell on the tile with his knees as he felt huge weakness in his body, his fingers still gripping the table with much strength.

Being unsure of what to do, Soobin frowned and furrowed his brows slightly as he spoke confusingly, "Wait! I'll get you some water."

The younger boy grabbed the glass quickly and ran to the sink to fill it up with some water. Of course, Yeonjun was the cousin of his enemy, but Soobin had to show only his kind side to him as he wanted to get close to their mafia members. So he quickly ran to the coughing boy and leaned down to him as he held his chin to turn his face around a bit and brought a glass to his lips. "C'mon! Drink it."

Yeonjun barely gulped down the water as his hands clutched the blue haired male's hand now, he felt some relief afterwards but still had hard time breathing.

"What's happening?" They heard Yoongi's voice from behind who quickly rushed to them and bent down to his cousin, shoving the blue haired male away who cursed silently him in his mind. "Hey, look at me," Yoongi yelled and held Yeonjun's face between his palms as he realised he had a panic attack, "Look in my eyes and breathe, okay?" Yeonjun drifted his eyes directly into his cousin's ones and tried to focus on his breath, not even noticing hot tears streaming down his face. "Calm down, there's nothing to be afraid of, okay? I'm here," Yoongi said as he brushed his cousin's tears off his face and pulled him into a warm, comforting hug. It took some more minutes until Yeonjun was able to breathe normally again, his anxiety fading slowly. As Yoongi noticed he wasn't shaking anymore, he moved off his body to return his gaze into his eyes. "Are taking your medications? This happened to you a week ago too."

Yeonjun looked down, feeling guilty as his answer was negative. He hesitantly shook his head which was followed by his cousin's irritated voice, "Why?! Do you like to make yourself suffer that much?!"

"I just wanted to see if my anxiety and bad dreams would leave on their own," Yeonjun replied in a small voice, wiping his single tear off that had just fallen down from his watery eyes.

"How many times?!" Yoongi shouted again, "When will you admit the fact that you aren't mentally stable and need to keep taking them?!"

"I'm sorry," Yeonjun mumbled and covered his face with his palms, he couldn't help but let small whimpers out of his mouth, tears making his face wet again.

Yoongi rubbed his forehead and closed his eyes for some seconds, not pleased with the fact that he had made his cousin cry but he didn't try to comfort him either. "Go and take your fucking pills right now," he commanded and stood up, his voice cold as he tried to hold himself back with all of his strength from hugging him.

Soobin was puzzled as to why Yeonjun needed taking pills and why his cousin was so categorical about it. His eyes followed the pink haired male who leaped up while wiping his face with his sleeves and dashed out of the kitchen without saying any word. Soobin followed him immediately and stopped at the stairs when Yeonjun ran up, his eyes kept staring at him with confusion and curiosity until he was out of his sight.

"Hyung?" He heard Beomgyu's surprised voice from upstairs at once which was followed by the sound of Yeonjun's muffled cries. Soobin took some steps up until he saw the pink haired boy who had his face put in Beomgyu's shoulder and cried softly as the silver haired male had placed his arms around his back with a confused and worried expression on his face. "Is everything alright?" Beomgyu asked in a concerned voice, "Why was Yoongi hyung shouting?"

"Please let me stay with you for a while," Yeonjun whined as he sobbed, still not lifting his face from the younger's shoulder.

"Okay, let's go to my room," Beomgyu replied and took the pink haired male into his room, shutting the door behind him afterwards.

"What are you looking at?!" Yoongi suddenly asked from behind, making Soobin flinch as he was deep in his thoughts. The blue haired male quickly turned back to the brown haired one who was looking at him with his one eyebrow raised, suspicion written all over his face.

"N-nothing," Soobin muttered nervously as he avoided Yoongi's eyes and looked down at the floor, "I-I was just worried about your cousin," he said, hardly raising his head to stare into the other male's eyes. Soobin noticed he had his eyes stubbornly fixed on something, making him follow his gaze and look down at his own arm, his eyes widening at the sight of blood dripping on the floor from his fingers. Soobin turned his hand over and his heart raced a bit at seeing a not so little piece of a glass stuck into his palm.

"You're bleeding," Yoongi told him coldly, confusion filling his body up as he saw the younger male's surprised face.

"Oh, yeah," Soobin said in a cold tone as well as he locked his slightly angry eyes with the older male again, "My hand got damaged when you shoved me away in the kitchen," he scolded, noticing how the older puckered his brows and eyed him up and down annoyingly before walking away.

Soobin sighed in relief as he went upstairs and walked to Beomgyu's room, putting his ear onto the closed door as he heard the sound of Yeonjun's quiet crying followed by Beomgyu's comforting words. He listened secretly for a while, but when he acknowledged that they weren't saying anything interesting, he headed to his room to treat his wound and rest a little afterwards. Whatever the matter was with Yeonjun, he needed to find everything out as it might have been something contributing to him.