chapter 65

"Don't you think at least there should be another ferry or any other kind of transport if they are really here?", Soobin asked when they stopped at the shore, the bright moonlight lighting up their way as they carefully got off their hired private ferry boat and stood on the land.

The space seemed huge, they could see clearly even in the dark how the massive hills and forests were stretched out arrogantly here and there. Not even one house could be visible which was a sign that the island was uninhabited, but still very beautiful for the tourists to enjoy the environment. They were sure it would be even more remarkable in the morning when the daylight would be floating all over the entire nature, but who knew what was hiding behind that beauty? Soobin and Yeonjun hoped that there wouldn't be any wild animals, or otherwise, they wouldn't be able to survive them.

"Maybe they're on the other side", Yeonjun replied after he was done gaping at the wild nature in front of him, "Probably we are very far but it's good since otherwise enemies would definitely spot us"

Soobin only stole a quick glance from him as he remained silent, his eyes staring confusingly at the hills. He was extremely thrilled even only by the idea of his brother being in the same space as him and breathing the same air. Sure, the island wasn't really small, to be honest, it was huge and he had no idea how much time it would take to reach him, but he still felt very close to him, knowing he should have been somewhere in the forest, waiting for him, "Call them now", he murmured to the pink haired male who nodded his head immediately and got his phone, quickly finding the proper number and calling, but he got very concerned when he heard the message that the connection was unavailable which probably meant that their phone was already off.

"Probably the phone is dead", he uttered unpleasantly, knowing it would only make things harder for two of them, "I hope enemies haven't found them", he said in a scared voice, making younger's heart skip a bit from that fear too.

"Let's not lose any more time and get going then", he said, earning a nod from the older male, so they quickly took their guns from the ferry, tucking some of them in their waistbands while placing the hunting rifles over their shoulders with a strap and marching forward after that.

They barely went up the hills, panting as they got exhausted, Yeonjun's legs already hurting from walking up a slope, but he managed to gain his strength to keep going since he knew they needed to find Taehyun and Beomgyu as soon as possible. They were walking in silence, not even sparing a glance at their watches since they had completely forgotten about the time. Fortunately, they were dressed in warm clothes and jackets which were protecting their bodies from coldness but they were still feeling some chills through their bones. The wind kept ruffling their hair as they kept sauntering forward, their eyes wandering around every second, hoping they would spot the boys, but vainly since there seemed nothing besides endless trees. It was very bad that they couldn't turn on their lights since if enemies were looking for Taehyun and Beomgyu, they could easily notice them and then they would be in a huge trouble.

Hours passed and they were still stumbling endlessly in the forests and who knows, maybe they were even walking in circles since it was very difficult to not get lost. It was dead silence around and only the sound of their footsteps were echoing through the atmosphere. However, Soobin quickly noticed the sound of something else, which made him freeze on his spot, his hand placing over older's stomach and preventing him from moving forward. Yeonjun looked at him with questioning eyes as the blue haired male rested his index finger against his own lips, motioning him to be quiet while he perked up his ears, trying to listen to the weird sound better. His eyes widened as soon as he figured that it was the sound of footsteps, his arms wrapping around the older male instantly, "What's ha-", Yeonjun tried to ask, but Soobin quickly covered his mouth as he hid both of their bodies behind the big tree, Yeonjun's back pressed against his chest as his eyes bulged out, now figuring why Soobin was in panic when he heard the sound of footsteps coming towards them too. He almost even stopped breathing as both of them stood motionless on their place, knowing it wasn't Taehyun and Beomgyu since there was only one person walking around and probably scanning the environment.