chapter 69

The sun wasn't shining over the world in the morning, since it was hiding behind murky clouds as if it was afraid of something. A several heap of grey mist was swimming across the pearly sky, sending chilly breaths of wind to the earth which kept fondling huge leaves on trees around two bodies tangled together. Gloomy weather had settled around them and dark fog was swirling over their frames, enveloping them in the color of their sadness. Soobin was the first one to wake up, his arms still feeling heavy from Yeonjun's weight laying carelessly in them. His shoulder was strained but he didn't care as long as he had the possibility to stare at his puffy, but still overwhelmingly beautiful face which had pain left as an eternal trace engraved over it. Staring at him while the older laid weakly in his arms brought the same amount of happiness and sorrow to the blue haired boy. His palm caressed his face carefully, tracing dark bags under his beautiful eyes with his thumb while a very sad smile made the corner of his lips curl upwards faintly, expressing depression more than joy because that last one had completely disappeared from his life without leaving a trace behind, burying with Kai deeply in his grave and he knew, he would never be happy again.

Yeonjun softly blinked, his eyelashes rubbing against his skin before his eyes opened slowly, making the younger boy see nothing but a complete emptiness inside them, an exhausted and tortured soul which was already dead indeed and Soobin didn't even know if there was a chance to bring it back to life again, "Hi", Soobin gave him a sad, little smile, making his puffy eyes draw to him, hurting him at the sight of them being much more darker by his pain than usually.

Yeonjun kept staring at him in silence, his body feeling exhausted and heavy as it kept tons of dark and gloomy feelings inside it. He didn't even know if he was supposed to be angry at him and leave him forever or forgive him and stay with him since Soobin still was the last hope of his life which he could cling onto to not fall from the incredible height of his grief and die physically too. At least, he knew his life had definitely reduced by many years from dealing with so much agony everyday, his heart couldn't just handle so much.

"Your beauty being the first thing to see after waking up, made my morning a bit beautiful too", Soobin said with a small beam dancing like a ghost on his lips as his thumb gently brushed against older's cheekbone, but Yeonjun felt only hurt by his words, a hint of happiness and his gentle words were already terrifying him, because they was never followed by anything good afterwards and he was afraid of getting hurt again.

"You aren't happy", he muttered in an empty voice, making younger's expression slowly drop, "Stop faking a smile, it only brings pain"

Soobin swallowed hardly, knowing what the older boy was saying was true, "I'm not faking a smile to try to cheer myself up", he murmured under his breath in a sad manner as he averted his gaze and looked down, "I'm trying to make you feel at least a bit better", he said, but not even a single emotion was reflected on Yeonjun's face as he stared in voidness at him, noticing how the younger boy was trying to fight his tears, "I'll never be happy again and I don't want you to stay dead throughout the rest of your life too and live like a ghost", he whispered since otherwise, he knew he wouldn't be able to stop his voice from cracking, but a single tear still slipped down from the corner of his eye, making him sniffle softly through the cold breath of wind.

Yeonjun slowly lifted his hand to his bruised face and gently touched his skin with his cold fingers, wiping a tear off his face with his thumb and sending little chills down his spine which Soobin didn't mind as he closed his eyes in pain caused by older's touch he had missed so bad. Sure, Yeonjun had no idea what it meant to lose his significant other to death, but he had gone through too much pain to know what the blue haired boy was feeling. No one can understand a person better, than two broken souls and that was making them feel much closer to each other than to anyone else even though they were the main causes of their grief. They still saw the reflection of themselves while staring into each other's lifeless eyes which were so deep from pain that it was extremely hard to reach the bottom.