chapter 14

Kai was in the basement, dealing with his business and talking to one of his men, his mind completely buried in the thoughts of the nurse. He was very stressed since he had been sleep deprived the recent days, working as hard as he could to take a step forward. He had made an agreement with Soobin from the very beginning that they didn't need to go fast and rush things, but Kai was still anxious. What if things didn't work out as they were supposed to?

After some minutes, he saw Jimin running towards him with an excited expression, making Kai thrilled too, figuring Jimin had found something essential. "I'll talk to you later," he quickly said to the man who bowed slightly and left afterwards. Kai called his attention to the orange haired boy this time who placed his hands on his hips as he was panting softly from running.

"We've found the woman in Daehangno," Kai widened his eyes in excitement at once. "Turned out she has changed her name to Hwasa, that's why we had difficulty finding her."

"What about her number?" Kai questioned and Jimin took a piece of paper from his pocket and extended it to the black haired boy who snatched it from his hand impatiently. Kai looked dow at the number, a flash of anticipation sparkling through his eyes as he dialed the number in his phone hurriedly, placing a device against his ear afterwards.

"Hello?" He heard a voice of a woman say after listening to the ringing sound for several seconds.

"Hi. Who am I talking to?" Kai questioned since he wanted to make sure it was really the person he needed.

"It's Hwasa. May I ask you the same?"

Kai sighed in relief mentally at hearing her positive answer. "I'm Kai Kamal Huening. I hope you can spare some time for me since I'm calling for an important matter."

"May I know what it is?" He heard Hwasa's voice which was full of interest.

"It's about the medical experiment which was held years ago. I know you were a nurse in that research facility."

There was a moment of silence, making Kai a bit nervous before Hwasa decided to break it, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can help you, sir. I have to hang up."

"No, wait!" Kai yelled at once afraid that Hwasa would hang up on him. "I've got an offer."

"An offer?"

"I can pay you very well for meeting me and giving me the information I need." 

"How much?"

"As much as you want. But you should meet me alone. No police or other people involved."

"I have to think about it. I hope you can give me some time."

"Sure. But contact me before the evening. I think that should be enough time for making a decision."

Kai hung up after finishing his last sentence and ordered Jimin to gather their men for the meeting, knowing for sure that Hwasa would finally accept his offer. He needed to take some people with him to guarantee their safety since he had no idea what would come in their way.

A few hours passed very quickly and it was starting to slowly get dark outside. Yeonjun was in his room, dressing in different clothes after a quick shower, his mind completely absorbed in worries about Beomgyu as usual and his relationship with him. He had no idea what would happen next and he didn't want to have a hope, knowing he would be disappointed in the end, but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't help it. As if the younger boy had heard his thoughts, he knocked on the older's door and went inside after getting a permission from him. Yeonjun's eyes brightened up at seeing him at once and his heart raced, but he tried to cover it with a little smile that plastered on his face. "Hi, Beommie," he greeted as the silver haired male approached him steadily, hiding his one hand behind his back before pulling out a single red rose, gifting a small smile to the pink haired male who was staring at him and his rose with an unknown expression.