chapter 73

It was midnight and Yeonjun, Taehyun and Beomgyu were sitting in the hospital, all of them nervous since there was Soobin in the operation room, getting a chip placed in his head to have his ability of feeling physical pain returned which he had been dying to feel ever since his childhood. They couldn't find peace as they waited for several hours, sitting on the chair in the hall or walking around anxiously. Fortunately, the director of that hospital was Yeonjun's old friend, so she helped him to do such an operation to Soobin without any problem. Yeonjun still wasn't sure if that microchip was a guarantee that Soobin would feel physical pain soon, but he had a hope, because he knew how much Soobin wanted to live normally again.

They all leaped up from their seats when the surgeon came out of the operation room, their eyes looking hopefully at him, "How is he?", Yeonjun asked immediately, "Was the operation successful?"

The surgeon pulled down his mask to reveal his mouth, "He's sleeping now and soon will be transferred into the ward. He's fine, don't worry"

His words made everyone sigh in relief as if a huge weight was lifted off their shoulders. A joyful smile plastered over Taehyun's face and he went to hug Beomgyu immediately who embraced him with a happy expression immediately.

The surgeon went after Yeonjun thanked him and the pink haired boy flopped back on the chair again, his hands running through his locks as he felt as relieved as never in his life before. Finally, soon he would be able to get rid of one guilt and make Soobin happy, give him a chance to live an ordinary life again. He stayed in his ward during the whole night, not even sleeping as he watched him with a huge affection radiating through his warm eyes. Everyday he kept realizing how much Soobin meant to him and he couldn't imagine living a life without him ever again. He had become his anchor he was holding onto tightly to not get lost in the deepest ocean of pain. Seeing him in that fragile and also peaceful state as the blue haired boy laid unconscious in the bed with a hospital gown on his body and several tubes connected to his hands, was making the older boy somewhat sad and somewhat happy. He wanted to caress his face all the time when he watched him in a deep slumber, making a small smile spread on his face. He was sitting on the chair beside his bed, his hand slowly moving to younger's calm and a bit pale face. He felt beautiful butterflies in his stomach when he touched his soft skin, his palm placing over his cheek. He couldn't stop smiling as he patted him while a weak light of the moon invaded the ward through the windows, falling exactly upon younger's face and making it even more admirable. Yeonjun had been loving roses during his entire life, and Soobin was nothing but a flower to him, a pretty rose which he wanted to take care of and water with love to grow for the rest of his life. Sure, he had already hurt him too much and made him bleed with his thorns but they were no longer in Yeonjun's sight since all he could see was only beautiful and delicate petals now.

He stood up from the chair and got closer to the bed as he kneeled and got on the floor with his knees, his arm resting on the surface of the siderail of a hospital bed as he propped his chin on his wrist, his second hand reaching for the blue haired male again and touching his face once more, because no matter how long Yeonjun's felt his skin against his own, it still wasn't enough, "I think I'm falling in love with you", he whispered quietly, pain and happiness visible in his dark feline eyes as he gently caressed his temple with his knuckles, touching his silky hair too occasionally. He kept watching him in the dark, in the atmosphere which was only lightened by the luminescence of the white orb, pain taking the most place in his eyes as he kept remembering everything that had happened between them, including their childhood. He was feeling sad, very sad while his hand never stopped stroking younger's face, his hurt eyes still adoring him secretly as his heart ached by the echoes of the past. He had no idea what would happen after that but he knew they had only one mission left in the world_ to survive the last biggest storm in their lives which probably wouldn't be easy at all, but they had to, for the sake of each other. Nothing would prevent them from being happy after that, Yeonjun would gift his entire life to him while Soobin would do the same and finally the world would become bright again, or for the first time in their abused lives. Finally, the sun which was appearing on the horizon everyday, exactly like in that morning, would reach to their lives too and make them warm by its rays. They wouldn't feel hated by the universe anymore...