chapter 37

Seoul, 2010

"Stop!", Soobin called desperately as he grabbed his brother's hand while the security guard was holding another one and trying to take Taehyun for the operation.

"I swear if you don't stop right now, I'm gonna punish you really bad", the security guard threatened but Soobin didn't even pay attention to him as he was busy trying to snatch his brother from that devil's hold, thinking they would definitely hurt him like they did to him.

"No!", he shouted, looking up furiously at the guard right into the eyes.

The guard groaned heavily as he looked at someone outside, "Ken!", he called, "Take that boy", he said calmly as he pulled Taehyun's arm stronger and ripped Soobin's hand off him, giving the blonde kid to the doctor who gripped his arm tightly and took him away, Taehyun casting a last glance at his older brother with tearful eyes.

"You're coming with me", the guard said to Soobin who was shedding his tears mercilessly and sobbing loudly. He grabbed the kid and pulled him out of the room, walking through the hall where the operation room was while Yoongi, Ilseong and the young scientist were standing at the door. A spark of hope broke into Soobin's body as he saw the young boy, remembering him crying in the hall when doctors took Soobin for the experiment some months ago. Soobin managed to escape guard's grip as he ran to the scientist and grabbed his hand while getting on his knees in front of him, staring up at him with teary and pleading eyes while the older boy glanced down at him in confusion, his face looking swollen and tear stained for some reason.

"Please", Soobin begged, "Please, don't let him take me. I'm begging you"

The boy looked over at his brother and then father who was looking at Soobin with angry eyes which drifted to the security guard afterwards, "Get him off here!", Ilseong growled.

The guard marched towards Soobin at once, who panicked immediately and gripped the scientist's hand even more, "Please, stop him. I don't like how he touches me", but the older boy did nothing besides closing his eyes tightly when the guard snatched him away and dragged him forward while Soobin kept screaming and begging for scientist's help.

"Don't worry, son. He can't feel anything though", was the last thing Soobin heard before he was lugged down in the basement, realizing the scientist was nothing better than his father and brother, furthermore, he was the worst of all.

Present, 2020

"Yuna!", Namjoon was calling as he kept searching for the girl in the halls of the hospital.

"Yes, doctor", Yuna quickly appeared at his voice, looking curiously at the doctor with her big, beautiful eyes.

"How many times should you spill coffee on my desk?", Namjoon scolded, making girl's eyes grow wide in awe.

"I spilled it?", she asked in surprise, not even remembering the event clearly since she was in a hurry to prepare one more cup for the security guard before her break time was over.

"Yes. Tell the cleaner to clean my desk and bring me another one after"

The nurse bowed her head in shame as she mumbled, "okay", under her breath.

"Doctor Namjoon", Namjoon heard from behind, causing him to turn his body around to face the man in the uniform of a surgeon, "We lost the patient", he said as he panted heavily from running, making Namjoon groan in grief at the unpleasant news before he followed the man on the third floor to their dead patient.

"What do you mean dead?", Kai asked in the mobile confusedly while Soobin's eyes kept fixed on the document, different questions uprising in his mind as he couldn't get rid of his shock.