chapter 74

Soobin regained consciousness as soon as the sunlight broke into the ward and decorated his face with its bright color. He blinked softly several times, his long eyelashes rubbing against his skin before his eyes lazily fluttered open. It took about a minute for his vision to get clear, making him find himself in the ward. He raised his head up a bit and examined the back of it with his hand, soon running into the bandage which probably was covering his wound from which surgeons got access to his brain earlier. Soobin flopped his head down onto the pillow afterwards again and now scanned the room, his lips curling up into a smile when he saw the pink haired boy sleeping on the couch at the window. His face looked so endearing under the sunlight that Soobin wanted to touch him very bad and pat his candy salmon locks which glittered so beautifully with the gleam, but unfortunately he couldn't reach him from his bed and he was feeling still too weak to get on his feet easily.

He didn't wake the older boy up since he seemed in a deep and peaceful slumber and Soobin didn't want to disturb his calmness. He had nothing to distract himself with, so he just landed his eyes upon the window and watched how brightly the sun was shining. For some reason, the world seemed too beautiful to him at that moment, it was fascinating how prettily it was decorated with green and blue colors of nature which he loved very much, but he had never had possibility to savor its beauty and visit different places even though he grew up the extremely wealth family. His adoptive father had never had time to take him anywhere since he was too busy dealing with his criminal affairs, but Soobin was determined now to go everywhere and travel throughout the world with Yeonjun after everything would be over and they would manage to live in peace, or if...

"Binnie?", Yeonjun suddenly called after he opened his eyes and saw the younger boy awake, snapping him out of his thoughts as his eyes locked with older's ones and gifted him with a kind smile.

"Hi, hyung", he spoke in a soft voice while Yeonjun got on his feet and walked up to him, staring down at the younger male with a beautiful smile which exposed nothing but a great endearment and Soobin's morning couldn't be more beautiful than it already was.

"Hi", Yeonjun replied softly as he stood with his knees on the floor and gently patted younger's blue locks, his beautiful smile almost causing the younger to go blind, "How are you feeling?"

"A bit weak, otherwise, I'm fine"

Yeonjun nodded his head, knowing weakness was completely normal after the operation, "You'll feel better later", he mumbled, "Fortunately, you'll be discharged today"

"Is the chip in my brain already?", Soobin asked in a hopeful voice, his eyes brightening at older's positive answer, sending thrills of excitement into his body, "It will definitely work, right, hyung?", he asked again, making the older boy feel sadness pouring into him at seeing how determined he was to feel something which was only torturing people, but was also very important part of being a human.

"It will", he assured with a sad smile as he held his hand and placed a soft kiss on his knuckles, his heart warming at seeing younger's happy smile. Yeonjun wanted to watch him being so happy forever and he wouldn't even get bored.

Soobin got discharged in the evening and they went back to home. Yeonjun rode a car while his glistering eyes kept looking forward with a happy and excited gaze. He couldn't get rid of the smile which kept decorating his lips during the whole ride. Soobin questioned several times why he was grinning nonstop, but Yeonjun never gave him a satisfying answer, because he kept saying that he would find it out when they would be home. So, when Soobin realised that there was no point in questioning him further, he just pouted his lips and looked out of the window, observing his surroundings before they stopped at their house in front of forest. It was already dark but there still was no any light in the house which was suspicious to Soobin. He looked at the pink haired boy confusingly when they got outside and marched towards the door, "Is no one at home?", he asked, but Yeonjun only wrapped his arm around his waist and led him to the door.