chapter 23

The environment was filled up with a dead silence and bright lights of the sun as two boys sat in arm chairs in front of each other, holding cups of coffee in their hands and taking some sips occasionally while both of them were waiting for each other to start a conversation but none of them seemed to say a word since deep thoughts had been settled in their minds, keeping two of them quiet.

"Have you talked with Izanagi recently?", finally Jimin spoke, snapping the black haired male out of his thoughts at once.

"Yes", Kai blurted out as his eyes darted to the orange haired male who supped up his coffee, gulping down the liquid afterwards. "He is sure that our attempts will end successfully".

Jimin chuckled bitterly at his words as he rolled his eyes, "Sure, he is, but i don't think defeating Min Yoongi will be that easy. That mutherfucker thinks the world spins around him", he said as he remembered his last meeting with him, some unknown feeling rushing across his body.

"No one said it would be easy", Kai replied, "How is Soobin doing by the way?"

"He seems fine, but-", Jimin uttered, cutting his sentence midway as he pulled a thoughtful face and averted his gaze from the raven haired male, making Kai nervous as bad thoughts about his boyfriend crossed his mind.

"But what?", he asked impatiently.

"That boy with them", Jimin continued as he returned his eyes into Kai's ones, "He seems very strange".

"Which boy?", Kai sighed in relief, knowing Jimin meant someone else.

"I don't know his name, but he told me that I shouldn't have been there as if he knew me. I don't know what he meant by this but you should have seen his eyes". Unpleasant chill ran down his spine for some reason as he remembered the accident, memories of Beomgyu's mad eyes flashing his mind once more.

Kai frowned at his words, knitting his eyebrows. "Do you think he knows you?"

"No", Jimin quickly shook his head, "But I think he knows something about our intentions or he's just a psycho".

Kai chuckled at that, "There's no way he knows something", he abruptly denied, "Then Yoongi would have known too".

Jimin hesitantly nodded his head, his face thoughtful again as he couldn't get rid of the strange and creepy feeling in his body, knowing something was obviously wrong, but he didn't know what.

● ○ ●

"Hyung", Soobin spoke in a quiet voice as he slowly approached Yeonjun who was just walking out of his room. "How are you feeling today?"

Yeonjun closed his door as he avoided his eyes from the blue haired boy, not definitely wanting to speak about the previous day with a stranger, mentally scolding himself for not being strong enough to hold himself back in front of him. "Fine", he answered briefly as he passed by him with a slow pace since his back wasn't still completely healed, his expression blank, not even knowing why he was treating Soobin so coldly when all the younger did was caring about him. Seemed like negative and stressing emotions that were settled in his body because of Beomgyu weren't failing to mess him up really well.

Soobin cursed in his mind as Yeonjun tried to ignore him as usual again, but quickly followed behind and grabbed his wrist, stopping him before he was able to walk down the stairs. Yeonjun gave him a glare, "I want to ask you for a favor", Soobin said, staring into Yeonjun's cold eyes which didn't even change a bit.

"What is it?", he asked blankly.

"May I go for a walk for some time? I haven't been out for long, I feel like a hosta-"