chapter 17

The wind whirled around the atmosphere while weak and cold rays of the sun stumbled over the earth. Yoongi was walking out of his hospital after checking that everything was going properly, his body freezing to bones in a cold weather as the wind kept playing with his hair, carelessly swaying his brown locks. He was marching towards his car with a quick pace when he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He quickly opened the door and got in his car while answering the call of his man, feeling a bit warmer inside. "What have you discovered, Seokjin?" He asked directly since he knew his man wouldn't call him if he hadn't found anything important.

"Kai Kamal Huening," the speaker said, "He is 20 years old. His mother died from cancer when he was a child and his father worked in special forces group in Japan but he was killed on the mission."

"You mentioned special forces group?" Yoongi knitted his brows, "That means that he worked for government."

"Exactly and we both know who the Japan government is."

Yoongi groaned and rubbed his forehead as he closed his eyes. He didn't like the mentioned fact at all since the Japan government was the mafia itself and Yoongi had never had good relationship with them.

"Hueningkai was 11 when he became an orphan and, as it's known to me, he had no relatives to take care of him. He left his house but it's unknown where he had been living after that. The only thing that's obvious for us now is that he's the mafia leader, so I think he was under the government's care this whole time."

Yoongi nodded his head since he was thinking the same but he was scared that Kai would be really sent by him, his old big enemy. "Do you think they sent him to find the implant?"

"I think it's obvious, Yoongi."

Seoul, 2010

"You will be alright, okay? Don't be afraid," Soobin said and patted his brother's hand while a small plastic tube with a needle inserted in the small boy's vein slowly delivered necessary supplements into his blood from the bottle hung on the drip stand. Their parents were out of the ward while Soobin was with his brother inside and holding his hand as the younger kept getting weaker and weaker from the effect of chemotherapy.

"Where are mom and dad?" Taehyun asked, causing the doctor, who was standing at the drip stand and watching over him, place a comforting smile on her face as she patted his head.

"Don't worry, they're waiting outside for you," she consoled.

Taehyun nodded his head, barely keeping his eyes open as he was sleepy. He coughed hard, feeling his lungs hurting and draining from the air as he panted heavily. The doctor bent down to him when she saw him scared, Soobin looking at her with scared and nervous eyes. "Hey, baby," the doctor called in a soft voice as she ran her fingers through Taehyun's blonde hair, trying to draw his attention towards herself. "It's okay. Just breathe slowly, okay?" Taehyun whimpered out of fear as he tried to believe his doctor and inhaled slowly, his eyes closed while his mind focused only on his breathing. Taehyun tried to ignore the stinging pain in his left lung and let some air enter his body, heaviness fading slowly as he kept following the doctor's instructions. "Good boy," the doctor praised, a small smile spreading across her lips, "You're such a strong boy, honey."

Soobin, who was squeezing his brother's hand the whole time, calmed down a bit when he saw Taehyun breathing normally again. His eyes were filled with tears as he felt hurt from seeing his brother in such a big pain.

"How's things going?" asked the brown haired boy with the doctor's stock as he entered the room and sauntered towards Taehyun's bed, giving him a kind smile. "How is our boy feeling?"

"He's alright, son," the doctor said as she fixed her eyes on the male, "Seems like our boy is very strong, right Taehyun?" She asked as her eyes darted towards the boy who smiled weakly and nodded his head.