Chapter Twenty Eight • Mid Morning Conversations

Thea's POV - Unedited

I awoke the next morning with the sensation of warm hands wrapped around my waist. I panicked for a second, forgetting that I was back in my own time in the world I had once forgot I'd might not see again. I grumbled still feeling a numbing pain in the pit of my stomach.

 I glanced over my shoulder to see Kai sleeping soundly up against me. I smiled for a second, forgetting all of this was coming, almost crashing down with me. I wanted to fix all of it, make things right. But there were so many variables to factor in. I slowly pulled Kai's hands from my waist and got up from the bed only to feel incredible weak, I stumbled for a second and regained my balance only to fall to my knees when I felt a sharp shooting pain through my stomach. I looked up to see the wispy outline figure of Joshua Parker. Seeing his face again brought all my memories back. It felt like I was that same weak girl at the beginning of all this. 

I stumbled onto my bottom crawling back as my back hit the bed. This caused Kai to wake up as I heard his grumble moan. 

"Thea?" I stared up at Joshua as he looked down at me sickening. 

'Hi little bird.. I didn't think I'd be seeing you so soon, but then again i guess thirteen years in a prison world makes a person want to reminisce.. just remember I know your still in the prison world, I know what you did' I shook my head furiously as tears rolled down my cheeks. I brought my legs to my chest trying to ignore his looming figure. I heard footsteps rush around the bed and I glanced up to see Kai looking at me worryingly. 

"Thea? what's wrong, what did you see?" I shook my head as I let out a startled whimper. 

"It.. I..it was him I s..saw him Kai.. I can't do this anymore." I grabbed my head trying to block everything out. But I felt a pair of warm arms wrapped around my body trying to calm me. 

"Calm down okay.. no one's here" His voice was stern but soft, I could tell he was trying. But I knew for a fact Kai wasn't used to giving this type of comfort. "His gonna pay Thea, I'm gonna take him down one day and he'll be gone and you won't have to be like this" His voice was soft just above a whisper. It was as if he was trying to convince himself then me, but I was okay with that. The both of us sat on my bedroom floor in silence as he held me, and for a moment I felt calm and at peace. But I knew everything was going to come crashing down whether I liked it or not. 

Time passed and without any words spoken I got up and refreshed for the day. Coming out changed I see Kai looking at something, It was one of my diary's. 

"You know we've been through this before.. why does the diary intrigue you.." I rushed over to him ripping the book from his hands. I looked down at the page he was reading. I had forgotten about this story, well that. moment in time. 

Flashback

"I don't know who you are darling but I know this.. you're different.. Why do you hide behind this shy, scared parade for yourself. You could be powerful, destructive." Klaus whispered in my ear. I was in New Orleans. The one person I hadn't met was the original family. When they came to Mystic falls I was off on a trip Stefan had planned for me. It was as if he knew, and didn't want them to know about me. But I took off on a hiatus thinking i could handle the world, handle the original family. I was wrong. I was weak, I knew I was.. How could I think I could face anyone like this. 

Klaus was threatening my family still, so I took off in search of him to end this. 

"I..I'm not hiding behind anything" My heart beat became fast as I felt Klaus hand touch my was it seductively. I bit my lip feeling everything spin out of control.