Chapter Eight • A Trip down memory Lane

Thea's POV

Everything around me seem to go quiet, as the echoing in my ears got louder and louder. Memory after memory I couldn't stop thinking about that night and the night leading after that. The pain, the agony, the misery I felt. I was revisiting it, re-living it feeling what I felt that night.

" please make it stop. I can't handle it..." silence filled the air as I heard the footsteps of Kai getting closer and closer to me. He crouched down in front of me trying to touches me but I flinched back not waiting him to touch me.

" how can I make it stop if you won't let me..." Kai reached out for me again and I let him touch me this time. I wanted to pull away, and even run away from him but I knew I shouldn't. He touched me slightly my entire body shivered not in fear.. but in curiosity and how he soothed me so quickly.

" how do you do that?" I looked up at Kai with a curious expression. He sat back without a word and look darkly away in the opposite direction.

" I siphoned it do you know what that means." I nodded knowing all too well exactly what that meant.

" thanks Kai..." I looked up at him cautiously not knowing what to say next. He still didn't look at me, but as he did his eyes furrowed almost confused.

" I feel like I know you..." I didn't know whether or not to tell him, but if I did how would he react. He had an age to days since I last saw him, and when I did that was the last time I felt happiness well from my old life at least.

" The name is Thea or you might know me as Theodora..." Kai looked off and thought trying to think of who I am to him.

" Little bird..." I shook my head knowing exactly what that name meant me.

" please don't call me that... I can't... No... It's happening again" I grab my head thinking of Joshua Parker more he did to me that night. I want to forget it all together, and Steph and have tried to help me with that but every time he tried to compel me the memories come floating back to me days later.

" woah Thea settle down will you" Kai tried touching me again but I pushed him off and his body went flying hitting the wall again. I ran away in the opposite direction and went straight up to my bedroom I knew I'd be safe in. I lock it behind me and slid down it as I started to cry. Minutes turned into hours, and now I felt like there was nothing left to cry out. But I wanted to cry I wanted it to stop. I heard footsteps outside my door and they stopped in front of them as they slid down on the opposite side.

" I know I choked you and I know it's not right and I know I took out all my anger out on you but come on little bird why are you even crying. I remember when you're a little I remember you being the only one that understood me."

" you don't know what happened to me Kai... You left me. My parents had died, my sister was dead and I thought you were dead... You left me with him, you left me with your father and he took advantage of me." I choked out crying as I remembered all the memories. My hands glided against my skin as I look down at some of the scars that still littered my body. I heard Kais stand up from the opposite side of the door and he growled and anger as he hit it.

" Open this goddamn Door Thea..." it was funny how Kai so quickly got angered by something so simple. I want to look him in the eye and tell him what is father did to me. But I couldn't... I didn't want to think about it. I didn't want to re-live those memories, re-live those nights after Kai had left me. They change me they changed who I was and who I am today. Kai band again and again trying to get me to open the door and then suddenly the door flu open from him hitting it so hard but it nearly fell off its hinges.

He stood there as he breathes heavily looking at me in both anger and sadness. I've never seen him looked at before, and for me this was the first time.

" what did he do to you?" It was almost a demand the way he said it, he wanted to know what his father did but I didn't want to tell him.

" Kai please don't make me tell you... I don't want to re-live it I don't want to think about what he did. Because that was 18 years ago and I've moved on, even though I can't do magic I've learnt to live my life the way it is... I came in today to save my family and she saved... This is an about me okay please don't make me talk about it" without a word Kai stood silently in front of me as he looked down at my body. I felt uncomfortable as he did and wanted to squirm away and hide under the blanket.

" he didn't..." for some reason he seemingly knew what his father had done to me. He stepped closer taking a look at my arms and then he spotted the one scar I hated the most the one on my neck. I heard a low growl company's voice as he stepped back slamming his hand into the wall. I flinch that all the anger that came out of Kai he reminded me of his father. But at the same time he didn't, he hadn't Hurt me like Joshua hurt me yet but deep down inside I had a dark feeling that he might hurt me.

" Kai to see if I need time to myself okay..." do you want to say something but without another word Kai turned around and left the room leave me alone once again to my own inevitable thoughts about death.

" do you want to say something but without another word Kai turned around and left the room leave me alone once again to my own inevitable thoughts about death