Chapter Forty Six - New York City

Song - New York City By the Chainsmokers. 

PART FORTY SIX

Thea's POV - Unedited.

New York City. 

The city of life, lights the place that never sleeps. Kai and I had finally made it to New York city and the night sky looked amazing against the mass of buildings that scattered the streets. What made me stop and stare was time square, we drove through it and it was like time stopped. I stared out at it in amazement seeing it lit up for the first time. I'd been here in the prison world, but it didn't look as spectacular there, not as full of life as it did now. I shuffled in the car seat and looked back at Kai to see him look at me every so often. 

"You look like a kid in a candy store" I laughed shaking my head at him

"hmm maybe I am. You've got to admit this place is more amazing then anything I could of imagined. Look at it, compared to the prison world it's full of life and endless possibilities" Kai agreed still watching the road as we left time square. 

"I agree with you on that. Compared to the prison world it looks ten times better, but that's true the endless possibilities for this city... Our world" I looked at Kai just as he glanced at me and our eyes locked. 

"Our world ah. I guess we could lay world domination out on the table, but I don't think the twins would like that" I held my stomach as Kai let out a dry chuckle. 

"World domination.. was that like the first thing that came to your mind" I shrugged smiling innocently at Kai as he pulled up to the hotel we were staying in. 

"Hmm nah. It's been on my mind for years, kind of get bored when it's just you by yourself" Kai stopped to look at me as he leaned over  taking one of my hands in his. 

"Well you won't be alone anymore..Promise me something?" He spoke softly as he looked away. I hummed waiting for him to continue. "Promise me that if something ever happens, or if I somehow end up breaking that promise that you never give up on me." I sighed seeing that glint of sadness in his eyes. 

"Kai don't speak like that. Nothing's going to happen to you okay, and if it does I will fix it.. I will always fix it. I'm always there for you, since the beginning" I thought back on that night of May 10th 1994. I have noticed that I've been thinking back a lot lately, not just on my life with Kai and our relationship but my family. There was still so many un answered questions that I wanted to know. Like why the white hair, the soulmate bound, why a male air of the family line is cursed to go crazy. Kai looked up at me and leaned over to kiss me softly on the cheek. 

"Come on princess, you're all up in the cloud aren't you" I shook my head looking at him in confusion. 

"Did you say something?" He simply chuckled pulling me out of the car. The both of us pulled out our bags out and Kai handed over the keys to the valet.