Chapter Thirty Five - Home

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

I turned over in my bed only to notice I was in my bedroom back at the Salvatore boarding house, and then I remember everything that happened. I sat up tiredly in my bed groaning as some of the wounds inflicted on me still ached. I looked up groggily to notice Kai sitting in a chair across the room asleep with a book about to fall off his lap. I got up from the bed only to stumble to the ground and wake Kai up from his nap. 

"Wha? What... Thea?" he shut his book and he rubbed his eyes as he stood up and came over to me. Helping off the floor he sat me back down in my bed and I smiled graciously at him. 

"Thanks...How'd we get here so quick, or have I been asleep that long " Kai sighed. 

"You've been asleep for a couple of days.. Would of bee nice for you to be awake when I got back, Damon tried to stake me, Elena tried to strangle me.. Stefan broke a bottle and threatened me and Bonnie well she motus me across the room.." I grimaced thinking of them doing that. One thing my friends didn't know about Kai or myself was what happened. Stefan knew bits and pieces because he raised me, but no one else really knew the story. But I guess Kai didn't really make an impression when he met Bonnie and Damon in the prison world. 

"They obviously calmed down if you were sleeping in my room with the door shut asleep yourself" He chuckled shaking his head. 

"Well that took over twenty four hours to convince them to let me back in after I brought you back..Eventually they let me in, I guess being nice kind of threw then off course" Kai spoke with a hint if sarcasm in his voice. I pushed him playfully shaking my head. 

"You know you may have emotions now but your still a sarcastic Sociopath.." His eyes darkened as he looked away from me with a confused expression. "Kai?" He sighed. 

"I know.. I'm a sociopath.. but why do people assume I'm always going to kill someone and not feel anything after doing it.. the moment I saw Bonnie and Damon i felt this urge to beg for there forgiveness.. I'm not a bad person am I Thea.." I could see the Kai I saw back in Oregon poking out. He wanted reassurance, and I knew he needed it. He was broken like I was. "I'm sick and tired fo being a monster, but how can I not when people expect me to be.." I took his hand in mine as they laid in his lap giving them a quick squeeze. 

"Yeah.. your a sociopath so what! People can assume things, jump to conclusions. Let them do that, you are your own human being. You control your actions, your fate, your future.. don't let the Scooby gang.. yes I call them that, walk all over you and make you feel like that monster you once portrayed. You're Malakai Parker, the sarcastic, fun loving guy who jokes about killing people when I know you won't" he looked playfully hurt at me as he squeezed my hands. "Plus like I said good people do bad things, and what Joshua Parker did to us defines us.. not for bad but for good. We are stronger, better them him.. do you understand me?" he looked up meeting my eyes as he smiled shyly. 

"I understand you clearly.." his hands wondered down my thigh as he squeezed it affectionately. We still hadn't discussed what we were, but I can't help but love him even if people thought he was a sociopath. Sometimes though I see his father watching back at me. I looked away pained by the thought of his father and what he did to me. My breathing began to race as I thought more and more about it. "Thea? what is it?" he asked trying to get me to look at him. 

"Your not weak Kai.. but I am, I'm that same weak girl I was back at the beginning of all of this.. I let him get to me, I let him do things to me no person should go through.. I let this happen!"I shouted turning back to Kai as I stood up from the bed freaking out. "He did things" I cried. "He did things I'll never forgive myself form him doing, I can't live with myself thinking about what he did..." I was about to fall to my knees when Kai caught me in his grasp pulling me into a hug as I cried. We didn't notice, but Stefan and Damon watched us from the door. They had both heard the commotion wanting to see if Kai was doing something. But they found him comforting me. They heard every single word and they were seething in ager just thinking about Joshua Parker. I think everyone had something against the man, and this world was going to come crashing down on top of the man sooner or later. I pulled away wiping my tears as I looked over to see Stefan and Damon gone again. I sighed sitting back down onto the bed and crawled over to lean against my head board.