Chapter Thirty Four - Finding Thea

Thea's POV - Unedited

I'd been alone for a couple of days, all alone in this dingy, cold shed sitting on a blanket in the corner chained and I was done. I was ready to leave this world. But I guess my plans are foiled aren't they. The shed door snapped open and I looked up to see Joshua Parker looking panicked. I pushed myself further into the corner hiding in the dark as I did not speaking a word as he entered. 

"Where are you?" his voice was menacing to say the least. He stepped forward capturing me in his sight and leaning down taking my roughly in his hands. By now it was hard for me to even stand, Joshua was going to do something I could tell by the nervous sweat and voice, alongside the quietness of his approach that something had happened. "You listen to me now...You make a sound, use any magic.. try and hurt me and I'll kill you understand" my voice trembled but it was clear enough for him to understand me. 

"Yes" it was quiet but audible as Joshua unchained me and dragged me out of the shed. For the first time in over a couple of weeks I'd seen the sun. I basked in the warmth knowing this could be my last. 

"Now listen.. We don't have much time, and I'd very much like to kill you.. but if I do then my son will definitely kill me and I can't have that can I" I whimpered feeling his hand tighten around my arm even more. I couldn't do this, I couldn't let him take me. But how was I going to escape, I could feel my magic.. but it was severely diminished after being locked up like that. I felt weak, like a shell bound to break under pressure. 

"Please don't do this... I beg you" He stopped out on the front lawn looking over at me. 

"Did you beg your father when he was killing your family... No you ran away" I screamed at him. 

"Why are you blaming me, I was just a child who trusted people in her life.. I wanted to be loved and cared for. Yet you broke all of that for me, you broke my trust, my memories my will to live just like you have to me again.. Why not just kill me" My tears silently slipped down my cheeks as I went limp in his grip. His balance nearly made him stumble as I dropped to my knees on the ground. "Just do it Kill me" The wind picked up around us, everything seemed to stop. I knew it wasn't Joshua who was doing this but I wasn't doing it either. 

"You better run daddy, or your heart will be the next thing I rip out" I looked over to see Kai looking at his father menacingly. Joshua looked at me in panic and disappeared. "You can't hide forever!" he shouted out in anguish. The wind died down and I felt my body collapse onto the ground, footsteps echoed and Kai scooped me in his arms as the both of us sat on the lawn of his childhood home. "Thea?" He brushed some hair from my face and I smiled wearily at him. 

"Hi.. " It was one word, but his eyes began to water as he looked me over. He pulled me tightly into his chest as I wrapped my hands around his neck. You could hear the quiet sobs from him as he held me tight. 

"What did he did he do to you" He pulled back from me staring me in the eyes as I did to him. 

"I..I don't want to talk about it" you could see his face flashed with a mixture of anger and revenge but I cupped my hand on his cheek to calm him down. "Don't.. I know what you're thinking. Not yet, will find him and his gonna pay for everything his done.." Kai took my hand in his. 

"I trust you okay.. but you're gonna have to tell me what he did eventually. I can't not know" you could sense the worry in Kai's voice as the  both of us rest on the tallish grass of the front lawn. 

"I will.. maybe one day." Kai knew by the small sad smile on my face it was more than I could handle myself. "Can we just go home.." His smile was wide and genuine. 

"Of course we can..Can I tell you something?" I nodded waiting for Kai to continue. "When I woke up and you were gone it was like my heart stopped for a second. Everyone was worried about the merge, and we're waiting for me to kill my sister in cold blood.. to which I was tempted, but you know I couldn't kill sissy boo. Josh was going to force the twins to merge, and Luke didn't want that he didn't want Liv to die so he knocked out Jo came to me and we merged.. I wanted you to know, I may not of been all emotional before or really told you my feelings. But I care for you Thea, so much it hurts" Both of us stopped staring into each others eyes, and then Kai did the unthinkable. He leaned in and his lips brushed against mine, my heart sped up and for a second I froze but then I kissed him back. It was sweet and short but enough to know how he really felt. We pulled apart and I got this tingly feeling inside like a school girl and her crush. 

"Did that just happen" Kai looked lovingly at me. 

"It sure did Little bird" My eyes widened and I placed my hand on his lips. 

"Little bird is never ever gonna be a nickname that comes out of you mouth again do you hear me" his eyes darkened at my sudden panicked voice.

"Okay sweet heart" I smiled shyly. 

"That's better.. Now can you take me home, I kind of want to sleep for a decade" He laughed picking me up in his arm bridal Style. 

"Why of course for the beautiful lady.." My eyes furrowed as Kai walked us to the car he had stolen, Damon's to be exact. 

"Damon is so gonna kill you.." Kai laughed not looking at me as he walked us to the car. 

"Nothing he hasn't tried already.." I touched his cheek for a second and he stopped as he held me in his arms. "What?" he asked. 

"What happened.." he knew exactly what I was talking about. 

"Luke and I merged.. I got his power, I got his emotions and the once sociopath can't help but feel guilty now for everything I've done" I could see a small tear slip down his cheek as the guilt riddled his expression.

"Put me down" Kai helped me down and I stood uneasy on my feet looking up at him as I took his hands in mine. "Now look at me" It looked like it took all the courage in the world to look me in the eyes but he did. "You may of been a sociopath, or an abomination in some people's world. But in mine you're nothing but an amazing human being with sociopath tendencies that cared for me. You did things for me, you made sure I was okay the night you murdered your family for betraying you, your entire life. You left me in the prison world just so you knew I was safe.. of course I didn't think that at the time, but you did these things for me. You wanted to make sure I was safe.. your not a bad person, sometimes good people do bad things.. doesn't mean your not a good person.." I smiled and he smiled softly down at me. 

"How am I so lucky to have you in my life..." I chuckled wiping his tears away for him. 

"Will blame death... if my friends didn't die I wouldn't of found you, obviously he wanted me to find you again.. plus I am pretty amazing aren't I" he chuckled shaking his head. 

"you are pretty amazing aren't you.. stronger than anyone could of possibly predicted" I weakly wobbled into his arms and his wrapped around my tiny body. The both of us stood there in each other's embrace just basking in the silence of the afternoon sun. 

What was going to happen next though? Many people were still out there that would become enemies, and the one person that played on both our minds was Joshua Parker. It wasn't the end of him, and I knew he was going to make our lives more than hell in the near future.