Chapter Thirty Seven - To Portland and Beyond

Thea's POV - unedited

I awoke the next morning, more refreshed then the last and in the arms of the one and only Kai Parker. I groaned sitting up only to have him pull me back down into the bed and snuggle closer to me. 

"Not yet.. I'm still sleepy" his deep morning voice spoke, as his head nuzzled into chest. I chuckled combing my fingers through his hair, he hummed in content as I did and the both of us laid there for a few more minutes in silence. 

"So. What are we going to do next?" I asked softly as I continued to comb my fingers through his hair. I could feel him tense a little at my question, but none the less he answered me. 

"I don't know.. The only thing I do know is we need to go to Portland, I'm the new Coven leader and the longer I spend away from them, the worse its gonna get. I can't have Joshua talk them into being against me, even though coming from the prison world isn't going to help my case" I pulled Kai's chin up towards me to see his eyes glisten. 

"They won't be against you. Well they might be, you know Joshua is an evil manipulative man who likes control. But if they know the truth about what happened then I'm sure they'll help you, they'll follow you. Nothing is not without sacrifice, pain, the journey to which shows the truth.. and your's is that your father treated you like an abomination, he hurt and abused you. No kid should be treated like that even if there different.." Kai took my hand off his chin into his own hand as he rubbed circled onto the back of it. 

"I know.. I just, going back there now the way I feel, these new emotions, it just makes everything ten times harder than it was before. Back before I merged, I could go about doing something without any remorse but now I feel everything. Even more so connected to you, and I can't help but feel worthless. What if I'm a horrible leader." I snuggled closer to Kai wiping some hair out of his face, as his heart beat thumped wildly out of his chest. 

"We've all made mistakes. I've made mistakes, you've made mistakes. But this just shows people that you've had experience, and that your ready to lead them to a bright and equal future.. Kai look at the good you can do, instead of what bad you could bring... You know even if they see you badly in there eyes, you always got one person that see's you as there light" he chuckled pulling me closer and our lips met and I giggled feeling his hands slide down my body and tickle my sides. "Kai" I whined. "You know I'm ticklish.." I groaned feeling the tingly sensation of his fingertips glide along my skin. 

"Hmm. You know seeing you squirm like that makes me horny" I gasped slapping his chest as he continued to laugh. 

"How rude.. Honestly boys" I tried rolling out of bed but Kai stopped me again pulling my back up against his chest. His head in the crook of my neck kissing me. "Ahh Kai, come on we've gotta get up sooner or later" He grumbled. 

"Yeah later.. I want you all to myself before we leave for Portland" I sighed. Knowing we had to leave, we hadn't discussed when but sooner was better than later. I grumbled turning around and pecking Kai on the lips. 

"Let me go and maybe I'll allow you to shower with me" He arms immediately let go of me and I giggled making a break for the bathroom. I locked the door behind me and footsteps echoed through my room knocking on the door. 

"Ah come on Thea, that was not cool. Not cool at all" I giggled stripping off and turned on the hot water, the steam filled room and I sighed in relaxation. Showers or baths were my jam, if I need to stop thinking it was the place I did it. The water hit my make skin as I wash up when suddenly a pair of hand snaked around my waist. I almost screamed when Kai's hand wrapped around my mouth to stop me. I turned around smacking him in the chest as he let out another chuckled.