Chapter Thirty - Powers

Thea's POV - Unedited

"Now one order of business Jo.. I have to be honest with you, you need your magic back for any of this to work" I glanced over at Jo that seemed to be all dazed from the blood loss. 

"Okay, I'll do it.." she gulp and asked for the knife which Kai passed over with a wide smile. 

"Perfect decision sissy" I could sense the wanting to hurt somebody right about now but I caught his stare. His features relaxed and the three of us stood and stared at Jo as she held the knife tightly and chanted. The air picked up, the candles flickered and this enormous energy surge passed through all of us. I could see the surprised look on Jo's face as her magic returned to her. I guess living without something so long can do that to you. I noticed Kai walked over to his sister as he crouched down touching her face. "Ah there it is" he almost laughed as his sister looked shocked. 

He stood up but we all stopped when we heard a whistle come from outside. I glanced over at the twins. 

"Liv.. Luke stay here, will check it out" Liv and Luke held each other as they rushed over to protect Jo. Even though she was now more than capable of protecting herself. I stepped outside hesitantly and heard a faint mumble of voices. Not that Kai seemed to notice at all and as we made it further out, Damon came out of nowhere knocking Kai violently into a tree. 

"Cemetery. Really?" Kai spoke an incantation under his breath and knocked Damon across the border. I sighed shaking my head as I watched the two go at each other. Damon grunted violently as the sun burned his skin. 

"Ohh whoops" Kai spoke as he skipped across the border. "Looks like you Damon found the anti-magic border" I could tell Kai was having fun with this as he towered over Damon from the other side. "Drew a line in the dirt for everyone's convinces, you see? Yeah your welcome" Now Kai was getting too cocky. Damon would definitely kill him if he didn't stop. I paced getting anxious when out of nowhere Alaric pulled Kai into a death grip aiming a gun at his head. 

"Woah! Alaric.. put the fucking gun down. Kai hasn't done any serious harming" I could see he vengeful look on Alaric's face as he pointed the gun. "please!" for a second I could feel my heart thumping out of my chest as every little emotion for everything I ever felt for Kai come back up. 

"Alaric don't" I heard Jo's stern voice speak as she hobbled out. 

"What are you talking about?" he seemed confused especially looking between me and Jo. 

"She's light headed and confused. I'll give her some blood. Kill him." I gritted my teeth now angry with Damon. 

"You never can shut you mouth can you Damon" I lifted my hand flinging him across the border. "that's for leaving me.. jackass" I saw Kai smiling as Alaric still had the gun against his head. 

"No! you can't kill him. If Kai dies, Luke and Liv have to do the merge." Jo seemed upset at evening thinking of the prospect of loosing more of her siblings. "It's not fait to them" Damon stumbled back over the border flicking me the finger. 

"Who cares?" I grunted about ready to push him back over. 

"No.. Alaric don't.. We can figure this out, I could even win. I can beat kai" I shut my eyes not wanting  to think if they had to do the actually merge to defeat their father that one of them had to die. "I just need a little time to figure this out okay, get stronger."

"Were moved truely" Damon moved forward and I caught his chest in my hands. I was truly going to kill him in a second."

"Damon I've been gone for a long time, you may be my family.. but I won't hesitate to kill you if you go on any further" Damon grunted pulling out of my grip as he stared me down. 

"Hmm you definitely aren't the Thea I knew" I sighed taking his jacket in my hands. 

"The Thea you knew was weak, she let people walk all over her. She couldn't use her magic to protect the people she loved.. this Thea has been through it all, so I would reframe from saying things like that Damon because I've been through a lot more then you have right now I'd murder you if I didn't love your pain in the ass so much" I let him go and I could see the other three looking at me still standing in the same positions. 

"I'll figure out a way to win.. okay guys. We can do this.. or will figure out to get rid of the merge all together" I sighed knowing that was going to be impossible, unless you had a powerful witch to disconnect the leader from an entire coven. "Trust me, keep him alive" All of a sudden Ric knocked Kai out and he fell to the ground. 

"Was that really necessary..." I spoke now more angered than ever. I felt Jo's hand reached out and touch my shoulder trying to comfort me, and I did something I had done in a long time. I cried, I almost fell it wasn't for her keeping my standing up. 

"I feel like I'm missing something.." Damon spoke. 

"Shut up Damon" Ric spoke. 

"It's gonna be okay Thea.. will get threw this. You'll get threw this." I felt my head become suddenly dizzy and knew that someone was watching us. 

"His watching us.. we need to leave" I spoke to Jo. 

"Who is watching us Thea?" I bit my lip pulling her in. I whispered softly in her ear. 

"Joshua.. his watching us." she tensed and after a few words too Ric and Damon we split up heading our seperate ways so Joshua couldn't watch us all at once.