Chapter Twenty Four • The Salvatore Boarding school

Thea's POV - Unedited

I couldn't believe it. Here I stood in front of the one place I didn't think I'd come back to. Of course I'd lived in the boarding house all my years in the prison world, but in the real world it all just seemed so different. The school was how do I put it.. alive, full of magic. I got up out of my car and opened the boot to start unpacking. That's when two girls appeared next to my car with wide smiles. 

"We don't know who are are.. who might you be?" The taller one with blonde hair asked. 

"ohh hello.. didn't see you there. I'm Thea Salvatore.. I'm the new Wiccan professor" Both girls eyes widened as they looked at each other. Both getting excited as well. 

"Wait your They Thea Salvatore.. we have your name on the school sign." my eyes furrowed. 

"Really? ha.. so they really thought I'd never come back. How delightful" the girls didn't know the half of what I meant but there faces still were smiling like lit Christmas lights. "What's your names..I didn't catch them" The Blonde girl jumped in. 

"I'm Lizzie" 

"And I'm Josie.." the other spoke

"Saltzman " and then it dawned on me they were the twins. 

"Wait Alaric's twins. Jo's daughters." Their faces fell as I mentioned her name. "Something tells me people still haven't told me the whole story.. " I said struggling to pull a suitcase from the boot. To which I gave up and deviated it instead. The girls eyes widened in ahh as they watched me. 

"It's okay.. we never really knew our mum anyway.. Caroline, actually you might know her raised us instead." I almost choked on my spit. 

"Wait Care bear.. Jesus I miss that girl so much.. I guess being stuck in a prison world really does make you miss everything" I could tell by both of the girls expressions that they were both confused and worried. "ohh I know that look. No need to worry, I didn't murder anyone.. well I murdered Kai once but he resurrected" 

"Ahh our uncle Kai" I nodded. 

"Yep.. your grandfather put a hallucination spell on me.. made me do things because I saw one thing but it was really something else. Pesky Gemini coven, always did love there torture spells" The girls faltered as did there smiles. 

"I did no mean you girls.. I know for a fact your father wouldn't of let you study the old traditions, they were quite barbaric. As for being stuck the prison world I was there because well Kai abandoned me there. Told me that it was for my own safety.. that if I stayed there no one could hurt me, or use me against him" I followed the girls as we wondered into the bursting boarding house. 

"You talk of our uncle as if he was special" I laughed as the girls followed me up the staircase. 

"I guess he kinda was.. well before he went and got himself trapped in another prison world for murdering some people again.. I should of been there for him. But no I had to go and fuck up a spell trapping me in the prison world. Back then I wasn't really, I wasn't so trusting of my magic." We stopped in front of a door and both girls stopped momentarily looking at it. 

"Woah your not going in there right.. dad says that's out of boundaries" Josie spoke. I turned around to smile at them. 

"Girls this is my humble abow." I wriggled the door nob and it was stuck. "Hmm locking spell.. I can fix that" I focused in on the door knob and it instantly clicked out of place. Following me in both girls joined me, and the room looked exactly how I had left it. It was very spacious, I had a dark wooden poster bed in the middle with emerald green velvet bedding and many cushions. I had a huge closet sitting in the corner with a full length golden mirror. Hanging plants everywhere that were surprisingly still alive. A Persian rug that Damon tried to steal once upon a time. Then my huge desk still in the corner It looked out at my bedroom so I could see anyone that came in. Piled amongst it was psychology books, journals.. sketches. Which I also had plastered along my walls, and since I was a bedroom along one of the sides of the house. My bedroom blackout onto a small terrace balcony. 

"Woah.. I didn't realise how big this room was. It's amazing. So did you grow up here?" Lizzie asked. I set down my luggage as I walked over to the balcony to let n some fresh air. 

"I did.. I grew up here actually, since I was five. I was actually adopted by a man called Zach Salvatore.. he raised me and he was like my second father, but you know Damon.. likes to ruin everything.. didn't realise he had a child and murder him" Both girls went silent. 

"Dad never told us that..." I laughed. 

"your dad probably hasn't told you the half of the trouble he got into.." I beckoned for the girls to sit with me as I sat at the end of my bed to meditate. 

"So... what are your plans now your here teaching" I sighed. 

"I don't know yet.. I have an endless amount of possibilities really... one thing is for sure, I know I need to fix what happened whilst I was gone" I shut my eyes as I took a deep breath. 

"fixing things is hard all by yourself" Jose spoke softly. 

"Well I have been alone for over thirteen years.. I'm kind of used to it." As our conversation continued we went on to silly things like talking about movies and songs.. I was intrigued as to what I had missed and the girls had all the latest gossip for me. Soon after Alaric was found standing out my door looking in at the three of us. 

"Ohh hey Ric" He waved as he entered in slowly. 

"I haven't seen this place in years.." he voice cracked thinking about me. 

"I'm here now.. We'll girls I better let you go. Remember " they both laughed. 

"Practice makes perfect" they said in unison as they bid there father goodbye and left him and myself alone. 

"Your really good with them" I shrugged. 

"What can I say.. I love children. I'd hoped I'd have some of my own, but those plans backfired" I looked up slowly to see a torn and guilty face on Alaric. 

"I know.. I'm sorry Thea, I just guess we gave up after we locked Kai up again. SO many things had happened, and then new enemies came to town.." I walked up to Ric placing my hand in his shoulder. 

"You couldn't of helped what happed Ric. They say everything happens for a reason. Now. why don't you catch me up on everything that had happened" And just like that Alaric told me everything, even down to the nitty gritty details. I was happy to know what really happened, but I wasn't happy with what did happen. All the people I care about lost things, and I lost some of the most important as well. But maybe I could do something about it, I just knew there was a way to fix all of it and I was going to do it.