Chapter Forty - My parents bedroom

PART FORTY

Thea's POV - Unedited

"Oh come on please honey.. it isn't going to be that bad okay. It's just a coven reunion.. plus I need to make appearances and I want people to know I have someone by my side" I watched Kai as he paced back and forth in front of me as he tried convincing that I come to this coven ball. He mumbled cursing to himself as he looked panic and stressed. "Please it would mean the world to me" He stopped as he looked down at me. I sat quietly as I smiled shyly at him on the edge of the bed. 

"Of course will love.. I just worry okay" I pulled at my hair as I thought about his father, one thing we hadn't really discussed since our date and the fact that his dropped off the face of the earth has frightened me. Kai sat down quietly next to me as he brought me into his embrace. 

"Hey.. I can see that face, stop worrying. If something happens I'll be there, we have the coven behind us okay" I shook my head as I pulled away from Kai. I shifted my body so I could look at him, but I couldn't help but let a tear slip. 

"I can't not worry okay.. Theres always a possibility that something will happen. Look at me, I came here on a whim but how I got here was horrible and it sucked, then your father came into the picture he found me tortured me again as he tortured my other self in the prison world. All this pain never seems to stop. So I'm worrying that people will turn on us.. am I that pathetic to think that" Kai sighed wiping the tears as they fall down my cheek. 

"Your not pathetic..Never say that," His eyes darkened as he held me in his arms, I could see this internal battle inside of him worrying just like I did but Kai didn't show it, even with the emotion he gained from Luke more then eighty percent of the time he held the worry of everything inside of him. " I understand that you're worrying and yes there could be people that turn against us. But in the end if something does happen, it's you and me baby..I will never put you in danger.." We both sat their staring at each other in the silence, I smiled knowing he was right. Kai above all would not in danger me. 

"So I guess we're going to a ball" I broke the silence as we sat there starring at each other. 

"We are and you're going to be the bell of the ball" Kai picked me up from the bed and swirled me around in his arms. I giggled at his antics, and he placed me softly back down onto the ground. 

"Well now this bell of the ball has to find something to wear.. what shall I wear..." I smiled as Kai still held me in his arms. 

"Something magnificent that makes you stand out from all of them..." he spoke darkly as he grip tightened a little around my waist. I groaned a little feeling turned on, and Kai chuckled pecking my forehead. "Later darling..." Kai let go and went off to run some errands and now here I was supposed to find a dress for the ball. 

The only thing I could think of last minute was my mothers wardrobe, she was the type of person that had secrets and one of them was partying. She had a dress or outfit for every occasion, especially before she had my sister and I. I wondered through the quiet house, and stepped up to my parents door. I. It had been one of the only rooms I hadn't been in yet. It hurt to think back at that night, I turned the knob and it opened to reveal the untouched room. Bed sheets un maid, a glass of water still sitting on the knight stand. 

I walked over slowly sitting down on the edge as I felt the sheets. I could almost smell my mother and father there, I imagined them reading together as their bedside tables lit the room, chatting into the middle of the night joking together, smiling as they enjoyed the small moments. I smiled to myself thinking of them happy, but that night changed everything. I always wondered about the evermore curse and how it work or just maybe my dad snapped and it wasn't real at all.