Chapter Ten • Dear Diary

Thea's POV

I didn't know how I was able to managed it. But for some reason I hadn't eaten for the last three days, I hadn't even left the bed for that matter of fact. I laid lazily as my body sprawled across the crumpled sheet and I looked up at the ceiling numbly. I heard the creak of my door, but I chose to ignore it as the darkness continued to consume the room.

" are you really gonna starve yourself to death. You'll just come back to life.." Kai spoke softly.

" who cares anymore... my life is a train wreck. I can't use my powers because I'm scared, all I can think about is that night... I'm confused Kai what am I suppose to think" it sounded numb coming from my mouth. Kai sighed and I I was about to reply when a pain shot through my head. I sat up clutching my brain In pain. " oh fuck... Kai something's wrong" Kai rushed to my side of the bed. He tried touching me but I stopped him. "Don't.. I..I..I'm fine" I continued to clutch my head hoping up from the bed I went to the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind me. I heard Kai grunt in frustration. I turned on the shower letting the noise of the water drown him out as I clutched the sink in agony. 

Kai's POV

I didn't know what to think at this point. Yes I was a sociopath, and all I really wanted was for my family to be dead and for me to be the leader of the gemini coven. But Thea just does something to me, I guess caring for her since she was a little girl does something to a man. I remember when her little sister would tease her and keep her out of the loop. I remember when the kids of the gemini coven would shun her because she'd learned magic so fast. She was similar to myself, but just in a different way. But I guess being alone for so long and apart she's changed. I sat disgruntled on her bed as the water drowned my frustrated sighs out. 

That's when I noticed a diary sitting on the side of her bed. I couldn't help myself really, who leaves a diary out of display and I have nothing else better to do. I grabbed the book from the beside table and opened it up to see an entry from last night. 

Dear Diary, 

I guess I don't really do these type of things. I'd rather keep to myself, but I feel  that if I keep everything in I'll go insane. I know thats pitiful thinking I've only been in this prison world for five days. But the isolation and the people I've seen have brought up terrible memories of the past. Being in your own hell repeating day isn't the best for your mental stability, and I didn't really have that much of a stable mind to begin with. Since May 10th, 1994 anyway. 

I remember that night clearly. I remember sleeping soundly in my bed as my sister snored from the other side of the room, and then the silence was no more. The curdling screams of my mothers voice will forever haunt me. She screamed for someone, anybody to help her as my father shouted in rage at her. I remember getting up to see what was happening and the scene before me. The blood, the guts.. .typically I enjoyed that in a horror movie or described in a book, weird I know. But seeing my own mother dying before me it just didn't hit home the same. Maybe I'm crazy ?

The look in his eyes that night... It wasn't my father behind the violence. That much I knew, I just didn't think this time would ever come. I remember bits and pieces after that, I ran running through my own home as my father chased me with a butcher knife. But like a coward I hid.. Then I heard my sister screaming. My own twin, my other half. I found her in the cold bloodied hands of my father as he held her over the pool as he choked her. Dropping her dead lifeless body my father looked at me with fear and rage. I didn't think I was going to get away that night. But I did but not before throwing my own father across the driveway and into his own car. I can still remember the blood dribbling down his head as he let go of the knife in his hand.. I believe maybe I killed my father that night. But I'll never be sure. 

But that wasn't everything that changed me. The one place I never wanted to see again, never hear about again has come back to haunt me. The Gemini coven, known well for their mind games and torture and their old ways of life. I can't seem to beat them, well not them but one. The man of the hour Joshua Parker... He blamed me for it, he told me it was my fault. I remember Kai telling me once about a place he called the shed. A place were his father would take him to be taught a lesson. Of course I didn't think it was real, or maybe I was just being naive. But when I woke up the next day chained up in magical cuffs and on the cold hard ground of the place he describe my heart ultimately gave out. I was only five, but for a five year old I knew exactly what was happening. I screamed, that was the one thing I remember doing over and over again. Just like he did with the long whip of his...

Before I could continue reading the door of the bathroom opened and out she walked. Torn down by the world. I wanted to be mad at her, in raged would be so much better. But for some reason she does something to me. Reading about what happened, and what my father did angered me that this happened to her. Her eyes widened as she caught the diary in my hand. 

"Are you serious right now.." she stormed over to me and ripped the book aggressively out of my hands. "Get out.." I could tell she was going to cry, but for some reason I just didn't know how to handle it. 

"Thea.. just wait.." I wanted to talk but she was having none of it. She was trying to shove me out but she couldn't move my body. But it was to late for me to react as she motus me yet again out of the room. I grunted in pain as my body hit the wall outside of her bedroom and she slammed the door shut. I sat there leaning up against the wall mentally worn out. I didn't think I could be to be honest, but with Thea its just so different.