Chapter Thirty Eight - The Steak House

Thea's POV - Unedited

Kai was avoiding, we'd been here a couple of days and all I had done was clean the house. As for him he was struggling to even leave the house and face the coven, ever since feeling everything his worried people will see him as someone not worthy of such a position. For myself I'm kind of the coven leader of my own coven, I was after all the only one left. But for him he had an entire coven to lead. I walked into the family room to see him sitting on the couch looking at the window. 

"You know.. I think we should go out for dinner tonight. What do you think?" I leaned against the door frame as I looked at him. He glanced up with a wearily smile as he thought about. 

"I don't know.. What if someone from the coven see me." I shook my head and waltzed over to Kai plopping down beside him. 

"you can't hide in this house forever. We came here to face them, to sort things out..." I slid my hand in his as I looked around the room. My eye caught a picture of my sister and I. If I had to miss someone in the entire world it would be her. I'd never really spoke about her, due to the fact I felt partially at fault for her death. I should of stayed, I should of saved her. I squeezed his hand looking at him as he sighed. 

"Okay.. I can do this.. Let's go out for dinner" He kissed my cheek getting up from the chair and walked off to do who knows what. I was left to my own device as I got up walking over to the same pooh I was looking at before. You see my sister and I were twins, Maternal to be exact. She was my other half.. Kai told me once he didn't know what he do with himself if Jo had actually died. But having a sister who was as connected as she was to me, makes me stop to think what if she was alive? They say you feel your twin, they say you have this connection unlike siblings. I never did get the feeling that she truely died. Her name was Lydia, she was beautiful.. Much different to myself bright red hair unlike my duller auburn hair, bright brown eyes full of life.. Excellently smart like myself. We both were a force to be reckon with, but then life got crazy and we split apart.. She got friends and I didn't, she went to kids parties and I wasn't invited that's kind of how our relationship started to fall apart. I popped the photo back taking another look when Kai's arms wrapped around my waist. 

"You thinking about her... I forgot she was your twin" Kai spoke softly as his head rest on my shoulder. 

"Yeah.. I just got this weird feeling you know. Like she, like she's still around. Am I crazy" I turned around as Kai let go of me and I looked up at him with a look of question.

"I think you have great intuition.. so maybe when we get all of this coven stuff done, maybe we can do some searching. Some spells, you know.. If you have a feeling then will look for her" I touched my head as I flopped back down onto the couch. 

"Maybe I'm just going crazy. It's not possible she survived right. But then again I never did come back and look. I was five Kai, a five year old nearly killed by her father and then tortured by another" I could feel the panic and stress rise inside of me as Kai sat down next to me pulling my body into his chest. 

"Come on breath Thea.. I can sense a panic attack coming" I sat back taking a deep breath in and out as I did. 

"Why do I always feel like this.. It's bad enough I look like a freak with white hair" I started to cry as Kai played with my hair. 

"Your beautiful and if anyone comments badly on your hair I'll kill them" His voice was serious and sincere that it scared me. I stopped looking up at Kai as he smiled down at me. 

"your not being serious about the killing part are you.. Because I said only one killing, one and that's reserved for your dad" He chuckled placing a kiss on my forehead.