Chapter Forty Eight - Run in with dear old dad

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

After the coven conference Kai and I retired to our room and I felt more out of it then ever. I guess such a thing does that to a person, I stood in front of the hotel mirror and took a look at myself I could see the bump forming with my angles in side and I smiled. Kai came up behind me in the mirror and wrapped his hands around my waist. 

"What you doing?" He asked curiously. 

"I just.. Just looking at my stomach. Can you believe there's life inside of me?" I turned my head to see a small smile still dancing across Kai's lips. 

"No.. But it happened and now I'm here with you, and were going on the adventure of a life time as life grows inside of you" I giggled shaking my head at Kai. That's when I felt the sudden urge to throw up. 

"Oh god" I let go of Kai holding my hand to my mouth as I ran to the toilet. Leaning over and vomiting I heard Kai sigh from the door. "I'm okay, I swear it. I just it's morning sickness" Kai chuckled. 

"Morning sickness? Isn't that for the morning." I rolled my eyes as I clutched onto the toilet. 

"For a man. I swear you still don't know things you should. Morning sickness can happen any time of the day..." I looked over supporting my head with a half hearted smile. I could see the awkward smile on his own face as he cringed. 

"Well that fucking sucks..." I hummed nodding my head. "Well I'll be back then..." I was about to ask what he was doing when the man disappeared. I groaned flushing the toilet and wiping my mouth as I made it back out into the hotel room. I shook my head laying down on the bed. I was was about to fall asleep, my eyes barely staying open when something strange happened. I felt a tight sensation grip around one of my wrists and I sat up to see dear old daddy dearest. Kai's father stared back at me and I stared in horror, I was going to push him away when I realised he'd cuffed me with magical ones. 

"I told you I'd be back little bird. Did you miss me" I gulped trying to back away when his hands pinned me down to the bed. 

"Not only are you still with my bastard of a son, you're carrying his bastard children. I told you'd I'd build myself an army, that I'd come back for you and Kai and take you both down... I'm coming darling and there's no way your going to stop me.." Before I could say anything to the man he disappeared and Kai came back only to drop the drink in his hand. I was cuffed to the bed scared out of my mind and I didn't know what to say to him. 

"Honey.." He rushed over to me as he hand touched my face I flinched away. I started to cry, Kai un cuffed me and took me into his arms as he tried to sooth me. "What happened? You can tell me baby." I gripped onto Kai to make sure he wouldn't go running off because I knew knowing him he'd tried to find his father and get himself killed. 

"Your father paid me a visit..His not weak anymore" I mumbled Kai let out a strained sigh as he held onto me. 

"I knew this day would come... I just, did he say anything about his plans" I shook my head. 

"No really it was more like a threat. Like he was coming for us, what if he does something to the coven or worse what if he does something to you or the babies" I touched my stomach looking down at it and then back up at Kai. I could see the worry in his eyes as he sat up next to me taking me in his hands.

"Don't you worry, will find him and finish this honey. I can't have him sneaking around anymore threatening the lives of anyone" I nodded slowly as the both of us sat in a calm silence thinking about what just transpired. I held up my hand to Kai as I reached over taking the hotel phone in my hand. 

"I may of gotten Maries hotel number before we left..." It wasn't even one ring when she picked up the phone. 

"Hello?" her voice spoke on the other end. 

"Marie.. It's Thea" my voice cracked. 

"Oh Honey what's wrong I can tell by the tone in your voice that somethings wrong..." I took a few seconds as I built up the courage to tell her. 

"He's here.. He visited me, threatened me and cuffed me to the bed with magical cuffs.. Kai's here now. I just I thought I'd let you know his close" But what worried me with Marie was it went quiet on the other end. Then what terrified me was her scream and then the phone line went dead. I dropped the phone and I looked up at Kai to see him give me a confused expression. 

"Thea..what's wrong?" My mouth opened and then closed. 

"She's dead" I spoke as a tear slipped down my cheek. I got up from the bed as I started to pace. "I hate him.. I hate him, why does he have to do this to us.. He killed the leader of the coven council, everyone is going to be out to kill him Kai.. What if he has people everywhere. Then what are we going to do. We're fucked" I held my head as I felt a sudden rush of pain come over me. Kai got up and made me sit down. The both of us just sat their in silence as we thought about what could possible happen in the next couple of days. I knew Kai wanted to kill his father and just maybe it was closer than I thought. I looked up to see Kai looking off into nothing, his expression was speechless and he looked like he didn't know what to say or do. I picked up my hand touched his face and his one of his own took that hand in his. "Kai?" he hummed squeezing my hand. 

"Hmm sorry honey. I just.. I just want all of this to stop. I thought it would once you and I settled down, but that bastard has to keep coming after us or trying to hurt you." I could tell Kai was getting worked up. But it all collapsed when he started to cry. I'd seen Kai cry few times, but this time it seemed as if he'd had enough of everything. He fell into my chest and I softly pressed my hands through his hair. Whilst I did that I mumbled an incantation under my breath putting up a barrier spell on the room. At least tonight Joshua wouldn't be paying us anymore visits. I for one couldn't handle another one feeling the way I did. 

Eventually I was able to coax Kai back into bed, I picked up the drink he got me and popped it on the bedside table as I took off Kai's shoes. He'd fallen asleep exhausted and I didn't blame him, if I wasn't worrying so much I'd do that same thing. But the thought of Joshua coming back scared the hell out of me. I'd be more than capable of taking him down, but if Joshua had people on his side then maybe I wouldn't be so lucky. With the babies and all ever since I found out I was pregnant it's been harder and harder to do magic. It's like the two of them are siphoning me. Which is a total possibility, but I just couldn't get the stupid old man out of my mind.