Chapter Two • Joshua Parker

May 11th, 1994

I awoke the next morning dazed and confused as ever. I wasn't in a bed, and I wasn't in my home and then all the memories from last night came flashing back. I looked around and panic, not knowing what to do but tried to investigate my surroundings and figure out where I was. Then it hit me, the one place I'd heard in my stories from the one and only Kai Parker. The shed, I remember him telling me one day out of the blue.

I barely remember it, but I think he thought A mere four-year-old couldn't contain or remember the information. But I did, I was a smart girl for my age even smarter then my sister and it was strange to think I could hold all this information inside my little head of mine but I did. I stumbled from the ground and panic Trying to find a way out but then looked down and realised my ankles were cuffed and the little magic I knew I had inside me I can no longer use.

" help! Why am I here. Why do you have me locked up" I knew at least somebody could hear my little cries as I banged against the shed door, and then I heard his voice.

" Thea calm down. I know what you did" I spun around to see Joshua Parker looking down at me with darkened eyes.

" what do you mean?" My voice trembled and confusion as the man I thought you knew me well look down at me and shame. I didn't know what to think, felt as if you thought I did something bad and I knew I didn't.

" you let your family die. You are nice to my son, and he killed my family. I'm sorry Thea but you have to be punished." I looked horrified as I stared up at Joshua Parker. Why was he doing this to me. Why was I getting punished for something that wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault that my family was cursed, and it wasn't my fault that he was a horrible father and treated his son like crap I didn't mean to let my family die but I did.

" why. I didn't mean to let them die"  tears spilled from my eyes as I collapsed onto the floor. " i'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please don't hurt me" I coward into the corner of the shed not knowing what Joshua was going to do to me. But if it was anything like he did to Kai I was afraid for my life. People had always turned a blind eye to the man's behaviour, especially since his sons a siphon. But I knew deep down in my heart that Kai did everything for a reason even if everybody now thought he was a sociopath. I knew he did it because his father brought him to breaking point.

" oh honey I'm just gonna teach you a lesson. You'll be okay." His voice was sickly sweet as he Kneeled down to look at me. I felt his hand bring my face to look up at him and I coughed as the air in my throat closed. Before I knew it was happening he left me from the ground with his hand wrapped around my throat as I gasped for air and then like a rag doll he drop me to the ground. " that's only a hint of what I'm going to do to you little bird." I screamed at him madness, angered by what he called me. The only person that called me little bird was Kai.

" don't call me that. The only person that gets to call me that is Kai, and now he's dead. You did this to him, you made him kill everyone, and now you're blaming me because he liked me."

" such a mouth for a little girl. You never think you're a five year old would you." I stumble back in my back hit the shed wall. My heart began to race, and the panic inside me rose dramatically. I didn't know what to say next, I couldn't well smart mouth and could I. The more I spoke, the more I knew I was going to be in trouble. Why did I come here in the first place? Why did I put myself in this situation? I was young and naive why wouldn't I do that, run to the people I knew would protect me. But obviously I was wrong.

Joshua left me that night alone and in the cold of night as he told me I needed to think of what I done. I knew what was coming next, something bad was coming and I knew I was going to endure it all. Later that night Joshua came back in with a smile upon his face.

" my children are safe, and now we're here or alone nobody is going to here you little bird." I knew by now he was calling me a little bird because of Kai. He wanted to associate me with him, so it would make it easier. I tried backing away from him but I did he pulled the chain towards him and lifted my little body placing it in the chair. A cold metal chair they had dried blood on it, and I knew then and there that it was Kais blood.

I was only young but I knew exactly what he was doing, I knew that maybe in this moment it would be my last. Joshua Without hesitation pulled out a whip that you held tightly in his hands. My eyes widened and panic again knowing this was going to hurt, and knowing I was going to feel the pain. I whimpered not knowing what to say, I couldn't scream out because I knew I'd make things worse but that's all I wanted to do. I wanted to scream out the world and tell him I was here, and tell him I was hurting and scared.

The whip came down on my legs and I screamed out in pain. Over and over again he did it, and I knew if he didn't stop now and bleed out on the spot.

" that's enough for now little one. I'll be back soon" maybe it was a psychotic break that he was having. I just couldn't fathom why he was doing this to me in the first place, maybe it was because of Kai or maybe it was because he hated me. But all I could think was maybe it was my fault, could it  be my fault. I was just a child what else was I supposed to think. I screamed in pain as Josh left me here to bleed over my tears. I wanted someone to hear me so desperately, but I honestly thought that nobody would. Eventually I passed out from the pain and hours upon hours past as I slept in the darkness of the weather and cold shed.

 Eventually I passed out from the pain and hours upon hours past as I slept in the darkness of the weather and cold shed