Chapter Thirteen • Urges

Thea's POV

I pranced down the stairs feeling upbeat for once since I got here. Even though I had killed Kai the night before, I decided to just put it in the past and be positive for a change. Whats the worst that could happen right. I walked into the kitchen to see Kai sporting an apron and no shirt. 

"Really?" he looked up at me as he licked his fingers, and flipped the omelette. He smiled as he stood staring at me as I walked over and sat across from him. 

"Yes.. I think I looked pretty sexy like this. Shows off these puppies.." Kai lifted his apron to show me his toned body. I've gotta admit it was pretty hot, but I wasn't going to admit that to him. He already had a big enough ego already. 

"Who you trying to impress.. no one else is here besides you and me" I rested my chin on my hand as I continued to watch him cook. To be honest I could watch all day long. I smiled to myself as I did and Kai stopped staring at me curiously. 

"Maybe I was trying to impress you.. but then again you did kill me.. Take a photo would you.. because your drooling" I scoffed at Kai as I saw his ego get bigger and bigger as the minutes went by. 

"One that's not impressive, second of all I didn't mean it and fine I will" I whispered something under my breath and a polaroid camera appeared in my hands. Kai's face was priceless as I took a photo of him. 

"You just used magic.." 

"I did.. didn't I. I wasn't even thinking about it when I did it" Kai simply smiled plating up an Omelette placing it in front of me. 

"Maybe being around me isn't so bad is it.. Dora"  I took the photo from the polaroid and waited for it to develop as I looked up at him with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Dora?... I like it. Much better then Little bird" Kai winched as I said that name. I guess we both associate Joshua with that name now and Kai just doesn't generally like to talk about him or think about him. So definitely a sore subject for the both of us. "Sorry too soon" Kai shook his head and sat down next to me with his own omelette. 

"Nah it's fine Dora.." we both dug into our omelettes and I placed the photo in-between us so we could see it when it finished developing. Before I could even react a flash went off and I looked up at Kai to see him taking a photo of me with a mouth full of omelette. I nearly burst out in laughter as some omelette got lodge somehow in my nose. 

"Ahh you made me laugh.. when I eat and laugh bad things happen" I rubbed my nose in pain as I continued to eat my omelette. I momentarily moaned as I continued to eat it. 

"Like that do you.." I nodded subconsciously. Silent filled the air between us as we both ate in comfortable silence. 

I was nearly finished when I heard his voice. 

'kill him.. kill him Thea.." I tried ignoring the voice as it spoke to me. I gripped the fork tightly in my hand as I shit my eyes. 

"Thea?" Kai spoke as I laid my head gently against the counter. 

"Kai.. just wait.. " The voice finally subside and I opened my eyes and looked up to see Kai looking utterly confused. 

"What just happened?" I finished the last bite of my Omelette and got up to put the plate in the sink. 

"Just the voice.. I ignored it though. No need to worry about me killing you" I happily washed the dishes as Kai watched me intently. 

"Why do I find it kinky that you want to kill me.." I snorted in laughter as I splashed Kai with some sink water. 

"Ohh get your mind out of the gutter will you. Everything you think about is sexual" Kai raised his hands in defence as he passed me his plate. 

"What? You would act the exact same if you haven't had any sexual contact in eighteen years.." I stopped midway as I wash washing his plate and looked up at him with a serious face. 

"Don't get any urges mister.. I'm not a sex toy.. Well" I looked off thinking about that one time with my ex but we don't talk about him. 

"Ohh Little miss Dora isn't so innocent.." Kai shouted as he jumped off his chair. 

"No.. I am twenty Kai, I go to college. I've been to many parties courtesy of my best friend Caroline... of course I'm not that innocent..." I wasn't smiling at the thought of how I'd got here. I wasn't innocent because the one person I trusted once upon a time also used me. Life sucked in general if I was honest. There was only so many good guys in the world, and my Ex Joey was an asshole to say the least. 

"Ahh what are you studying at college.." I shook my head dropping the thought of Joey. 

"Ahh I'm a psych major" Kai cringed. 

"ohh tough stuff.. you can study me if you want" I shook my head as I finished the washing up. I wiped my hands cleaned and popped away the fry pan. 

"I'm good. who knows when will leave this place, so is it worth it.. mose well do something more productive. Study the grimoires though I've already study my family grimoires plus some gemini ones to the t. Maybe I'll study latin, I've always wanted to go in depth with that ohh and sigh language, and ancient greek" I listed off the things I wanted to do and looked up to see Kai looking at me contently. 

"your such a nerd you know that" I rolled my eyes at him as I scoffed. 

"Am not.." Kai nodded. 

"Are too.. but theres nothing wrong with nerds.." 

"Only cause your one to" Kai scoffed walking around the island. 

"Am not.. now you take that back"

"Nope" I laughed as Kai stalked closer and closer to me. 

"You better or I'll get you with these" his fingers went to tickle me and I squealed running away. 

"you'll never get me alive.." I heard Kai laugh behind me as I ran away from him. 

"That can be arranged"