Chapter Twenty Five • Professor Salvatore

Thea's POV - unedited

I was given time to settle back into the boarding house. But something didn't sit right with me, the fact that I was stuck imprisoned in that prison world for so long. I missed everything. I missed Caroline having children, Elena becoming human, Stefan dying, Damon becoming human. Kai being sent back to another prison world, the boarding house being turned into a school.. Jo dying, Mystic falls being taken over by what Alaric calls Heretics, Luke merging with Kai instead of Jo. All of this just made my heart ached. I missed so much of people life, I haven't really even lived my own.

I wanted to get married, and have children. I wanted to make something of myself, have a career helping children and adults with abuse and traumatic experiences like myself. But no, I was stuck by myself in a world without anyone but myself. To dwell on everything I was missing. I may of worked on myself, and evolved from that young timid teenager. But here I was contemplating what I was going to do to fix this. 

I sat quietly in my classroom as the day hadn't began yet, going over and over what I may have missed in the time I've been gone. Going over paper work and letters from Stefan and Damon I've gathered what I need if I was to go back. Crazy right. Here I am thinking of traveling back in time to stop things from happening. I knew it was risky, but what else was I suppose to do. If Ric found out what I was thinking he'd have my head for going into a suicide mission. He'd already lost enough people in his life time, and I knew he didn't want to loose me to. But I had to do this, I just didn't know how to yet. The bell rang and I looked up to see the twins arrived momentarily and then other students filed in after them. 

Some of them looked at me strangely. But I simply smiled getting up from my seat. They all say down and waited for me to begin. 

"Welcome all. I know it's strange to see a new face. But trust me I'm no stranger to this place.." I turned around to the black board and wrote my name down. "The name is Theadora Salvatore.." I turned back around smiling. "You can call me Thea or you can call me professor Salvatore.. what ever takes your fancy. I'm here because an old friend asked me to be.. and Im happy to share the knowledge I've learnt over the last fifteen years of independent magical studies..now any questions" A girl from the back of the classroom raised her hand. 

"Yes Miss.." The girl sat up with a devilish smirk as she glanced at Josie. 

"Penelope Park.. Is there any relation to the name.. Salvatore boarding school" I nodded walking from side to side as I spoke. 

"Indeed there is.. I was taken in by Stefan Salvatore himself at the age of five.. adopted and raised.. Now let the lesson begin" 

The lesson went better than expected. I was absolutely astounded to answer all of the students questions, and not only that it had given me the courage to tell Alaric my plans.. but that was soon demolished when he disappeared and so did hope in search of some boy called Landon.. back fire much. So This gave me the chance to see if my artefacts room transported from the prison world. I did though was invested in trusting it to a set of twins. I wanted them to know if it incase they needed it for emergency. I knocked on their door later that day and Lizzie answered it. 

"who is it?" she opened it and smiled. 

"Why hello Professor what can we do for you?" Both girls joined each other at the door. 

"I need both of you assistance.. now follow me" They both followed in toe behind me. I went down to the ground floor and stopped in front of one of the many bare walls in the boarding house. 

"What I'm going to show you is a secret.. for now anyway." I put my hand on the wall and chanted a spell to unlocked the charm I put on it. The wall clicked and I pushed it open. Both myself, Lizzie and Josie slipped through and I closed the door behind us. Putting a charm back up I switched on the lights and everything came to life.