Chapter Three • The Punishment

May 12th, 1994

I would next morning confused and dazed as ever. I knew this was the same way I felt the first time I had woken up in the shed. With the blood I lost my brain was more frazzled than ever. Thinking I really did do something.

I cried out on silent tears as I thought of what would come next. What did Joshua Parker have planned for me, what did he need me for?

I tried wriggling out of my restraints as I look down to see my hands had now been tied down. My eyes forehead and confuse meant knowing he had been in at least once last night to check on me. What was he thinking of doing, what did he need me for. I waited hours upon hours for him to show again, for him to hurt me and punish me like you did yesterday but he didn't come. He didn't come in till much later, when it was dark and cold again in the night wind picked up as the bird chirped at the sunset.

You could say I was nervous, you could say I wanted to run and hide and scream out to God asking why he did this to me. Why did he has my family in the first place. If my father didn't kill my mother, and he didn't kill my sister I wouldn't of Been at the park as residents in the first place. I wouldn't be tied up, and shackled to this chair being punished for something I didn't do.

As I wriggled again trying to free myself my restraints I heard the door of the shed open and shut behind me. Panic arose inside my body and I knew then he was back. I looked up to see his face darkened by the night sky.

Losing one child was enough, but I knew losing or nearly all his children made him heartbroken. I was only five years old but I can understand the simple emotions that one can feel. I myself felt love, pain, agony, sadness I felt everything just like everybody else. But I knew by the look in his eyes that he himself couldn't feel any of it any more. He was now the Former shell of his own life. Determined to keep his coven safe, no matter the price no matter the life.

I was just one of those examples. Someone that could Pose a threat to his family, and his coven.

He stumbled drunkenly towards me as he mumbled incoherent swear words under his breath.

"Ahh little bird you're awake. I didn't think you would be, because the last time I saw you. You're passed out from the pain and blood" I looked away trying to not stare into his eyes, but he made it pretty hard not to. The next thing I knew Joshua was wrecking me from my restraints and turning me onto my back I tried squirming out of his grip but he was too strong for me. He held me down tightly against the chair tying me down again so I couldn't move or wiggle my body in anyway. Why couldn't anyone save me?

Before I can even predict what he was going to do, I felt the pain release itself upon my body. Again and again he whipped me. What was I supposed to do teleport out of there. I couldn't, magical Cuffs that sat around my wrists and ankles stopped me from using magic. Plus I was only five years old and I didn't know everything, I didn't know anything if I was honest.

I was new to everything I only knew incendia and the basics of invisique. So I was totally stuffed if I was being honest. Lashing after lashing I felt the blood trickled down my back. I was only small so it didn't take long for my back to be littered with scars. I knew if somebody didn't save me soon I'd be too far gone. That night he left me again bleeding out on the chair only healing me slightly so I wouldn't die. When would this punishment be over? That was the thought that stood at the forefront of my mind as I waited for him to come back.

I wanted to know why he suddenly hated me so much? I was only a child. But then I thought I wasn't his child. I was the child that got in the way, the child without any parents now sister. The child that he swept away into his arms and nobody even you.

May 13th, 1994

I didn't see Mr Parker again until that following night. This time he came in sober, and by the looks on his face he knew he had done something he couldn't remember. But for some reason it made him mad, and made him want to do more than what he did drunk. I didn't speak to him, and I didn't look at him. I didn't want to look at him, to me and my eyes he was a monster. He was more of a monster then Kai would ever be. However, Kai was dead and now I was alone with him.

" you would think when I was drunk I do more damage. But my handiwork did not do the job" I felt his hand press against my back and I screamed out in pain, almost agony as he pressed in the wound that still hadn't healed.

" stop... please. Just kill me already I can't take it" You wouldn't think of five-year-old would be saying that, but I was I was smarter and stronger and maybe we can at heart and anyone would ever know. I was too wide for my age and I knew it but I was trying to stick through it, I believe that in the end invited shine and I would be free but I didn't know what that that would be.

Mr Parker readjusted me on my chair, and he made sure to press my back firmly against the chair as he did it. I whimpered trying not to scream out in pain but it didn't work as I screams for my mummy and my sister and even my dad. I knew he had killed my family, but I still love him.

" what would be the fun in that little bird. What would be the fun in killing you. But I can see your reasoning, seeing you bleed out in front of me would be fun" unintentionally I spat at him in anger at his words that he spoke to me with venom laced in his voice. Mr Parker wipe the spit from his face and I could see he is now seething in anger. " oh I've had enough of you you little wench" He grabbed out what looked to be a hunting knife. A very similar knife that Kai had in his hands only nights ago. Then and there I saw the similarity between the two and knew that Mr Parker was the one that turned Kai everybody. He was the one that created Kai, and he would be the one that would inevitably break him and he did.

He was about to slash me With a hunting knife, when his phone started to ring. He lifted the phone to his ear and inevitably grown in annoyance.

" Who the hell is it? I'm in the middle of something... What do you mean someone's broken into the compound. What how did they get my address, we should be more prepared for these type of things. Oh you can't help it. That's bullshit but you better get the coven over here now. What I thought you just told me the witches... why the hell would vampires be trying to take down our compound oh would you just shut it Harold. I'm your leader now do as you're told" Joshua hung up the phone and basically dropped to the ground. " now where were we little bird." A gulped in fear as I watched the knife get closer and closer to my throat.

I felt the cool metal against my skin as it inches deeper and deeper into it. Feeling blood spill slowly from it I knew this was the the end. That was until the shed door slammed open, and the light from the moon above shined into the shed. My head drooped as I felt every think inside me grow lighter and lighter as time passed by.

" now what do we have here?" Her voice was almost angelic As I said listen to it. " I was just having a little bit of fun. But now that I'm here I don't think I'm going to have any more fun... A child really are you that low." I looked up a little to see Joshua cower into the corner of the shed himself. From what else I saw that night I didn't actually see what the lady looked like, but I knew I was internally grateful for her saving me. I couldn't remember the details or the life of me to tell you what actually happened after that. But I knew I had been saved and that now my real life is starting. Even without my family any more, I knew something else was out there for me and I knew one day I'd find my way back to something of my old life but I just didn't know what. My name is Theodora evermore and I may have once been a part of a coven but now I wasn't and for that I'm grateful.

 My name is Theodora evermore and I may have once been a part of a coven but now I wasn't and for that I'm grateful