Chapter Nineteen • He abandoned me

Thea's POV - Unedited.

Kai didn't look at me as I questioned what he meant. It felt like he couldn't, that he didn't want to see my face. I tried grabbing his arm to make him look at me but he got up from the table taking both his and mine plates to the sink. 

"Kai? look at me what's wrong.." He didn't speak. I got up from my chair and went over to him. I touched his arm but he flinched aways from me. 

"Stop it Thea.. you making this harder for me." worry filled me not knowing what he meant by his words. I didn't want to push it, but the more Kai spoke, the more it worried me as to what he was planning. 

"Making what harder Kai..Please talk to me. Don't do anything stupid" Kai turned away hiding his face away from me as his breathing got heavier and heavier by the second. He turned around gripping my arms aggressively. 

"I'm sorry for this Thea.." I could see a hint of regret and sorrow in his eyes as his grip got tighter and tighter. 

"please Kai what ever you've got planned just tell me.." He shook his head. 

"I can't have you get in the way or get hurt because of me do you hear me. You'll be safer here in this world" I could feel my arms burn as he siphoned some of my magic. 

"No Kai.. don't leave me How are you suppose to get out without Bonnie's blood" Kai simply smiled. 

"I've got that covered.. I'm sorry Thea" Next thing I knew Kai whispered something and everything went dark. 

I tossed and turned, my body felt sore and tangled in a bunch of sheets. My eyes opened and I noticed I was in some strange room. I looked around it had navy blue walls a few band posters and I looked down at the red checkered sheets. This was Kai's room I just knew it, and then all the memories of what just happened came flashing back. I looked around panicked and noticed a letter on the bed side table. 

Dear Dora,

I know what I did is un forgivable and once I would of told myself that didn't care and I don't. But I do with you for some strange ungodly reason. I didn't want you to get hurt, not because of me. I don't think I couldl ive with myself now knowing that this invovles you. But I thank the otherside that they sent you to me because you've made me think about who deserves my revenge and who doesn't. If theres a way to not kill my sister I won't, but I can't promise anything dora.

 This is who I am, and who I always will be. Someone most people see as an abomination and a monster. But for you I'll try my best. I know what your thinking I've left you and theres no way to escape, but I know your more then capable of finding a way. I saw the way you looked at the books pilled in the library. Thirsty for knowledge, or that time you couldn't stop speaking about the culture of magic and how the different covens worked. I know your more capable then any of us. You are the most strongest, most beautiful person I've ever met and that's alot comign from me. 

Understand when I tell you this, that I care fro once in my life for someone and that someoen is you. So stay safe here, I don't know when I'll find a way to get you back but I will. But this is the safest place for you, and as for the spell my father put on you with the magic I siphoned from you I realised I siphon the spell as well. Please stay safe Dora

From your dearest Kai. 

I didn't realise I was crying until a tear splashed on the page as blurred some of thw wirting. 

"Kai.. why? Why are you doing this without me." I pulled the paper closer to my chest when I realised something on the bed. It must of dropped out of the paper when I unfold it. I picked it up and realised it was the dog taggs that Kai was wearing when I first met him. I smiled at thought of them sitting perfectly around his neck. I placed the tags around my neck own and got up from the bed. What was I going to do now? I walked out of the house and stood looking out off the porch at the late afternoon sky. I couldn't tell how long I was out because it was the same repeating day oiver and over again. I sighed leaning agaisnt the porch pole looking out as thw wind picked up. 

"What am I going to do?" I wanted to be mad at Kai, but  I couldn't I can't be mad at a man who did it to protect me. But being here alone was my weakness. Sudden realisation came to mind. I walked back to my house and stood starring at my garage door. I knew I needed a car since Kai took the other one to get out of this place. My father said never to touc his baby but I had to, he'd undersrsnd wouldn't he. I opened the garaged and went in pulling off the sheet from the car to reveal his 1966 Mustang GT. It was a beauty I've got to admit just as much as Damon's was as well. Yet another weakness of mine. 

I ran my hand along the car, not a spec of dust on it

I ran my hand along the car, not a spec of dust on it. I opened the door sitting in the seat trying to find the key when it fell out of the mirror and inside it sat a photo of my sister and I. My heart broke into pieces looking at it, but I smiled knowing everything I've done in my life was because of her and for her only. To live on in the Evermore name. I started the car up and the engine roared to life. 

"I guess it's time for an adventure..." I drove the car back to the Parker home and went inside to pack myself some clothes and food. Stealing a bunch of flannels and shirts from Kai's closest. I also packed the rest of thanksgiving dinner into containers and put them in a freezer bag. As I wondered into the lounge room I spotted a maps book. 

"Bingo" Picking the book up I flipped through the map to find a map of the us. Then my eyes landed on New oreleans. I knew it was at least thirty five hours away but it was one of the most cultured magical places in America. I'd never actually been if I was being honest, but Klaus had told me so much about it and the people who lived  there. I wondered into jo's room from across Kai's and looked for anything useful to take with me. That's when I spotted a pair of sunglasses and a cool hat. "Double bingo" I knew I should be crying in deperration right now, sad that Kai left me here. But maybe it was time for self dsicovery. A time to see myself, and believe in myself for once in my life. I was scared of using magic but I shouldn't be, I should be able to use it and feel good about myself for it. As I sat in the car out front I wrote down a list of things I wanted to do and accomplish. 

List of Goals:

* Learn sign language

* study and complete the research for my degree

* leanr the way or New oreleans magic and culture

* Train and become a better me..

There were only a couple of goals but I knew I'd find more things I wanted to learn as I went. But for the time being it was off and away. The engine roared to life again and I set off on the first adventure of many. The radio turned on and jump around by the house of pain started playing. I bopped my head away as I drove through the long windy roads of Oregon. Lucky for me I knew them quite well, even if I was only five. I had this thing for memoerizing everything.