Chapter Twenty • Growing into myself

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

One year Later...

I picked up my diary as I sat in a arm chair in the yard of the salvatores. I'd moved it outside because why not have something so comfortable outside somewhere so beauitful. Picking out my pen I began to write. 

Dear Diary, 

It's been 365 days since I've been alone in this prison world. I don't know what's been going on in the outside world, but I know for sure on the inside I've grown alot. I may of gone crazy here or there with the quiteness but now I've grown to accept that I may not ever get out. I don't know how Kai did it, being alone for so long. But here I am one year in. I've learnt alot since I've been alone, I've accomplished all my goals and more I'm worried though that his done someting stupid. I feel it in my heart that he has, because when is he not doing someting stupid am I right. 

I started my journey off in New Orleans, I stayed at the Mikealsons home in the french quarter for a while. Studying grimores and collecting dark artifacts I had found. I then learnt Sign language and studied hard keeping up with my degree. I didn't want to be left behind, I wanted to be on the right path in case I found my way home. I hadn't stopped finding a way out either. I'd finally found the acedant when I got home but it was broken yet again by yours truly. I fixed it realising I needed Bennett blood to get out or something strong enough to over power it. That's when I went on a trip to an island off near Mystic falls. The one place I knew that would have magic strong enough to get me out, I'd also picked up the cure for vampirism whislt I was there. Who would let that chance slip. 

With all of this I still haven't figured out how to exactly to use the magic to get out. I had to perform the right spell to drain the blood from the stone, but I didn't want to destory the magical properties. 

Something strange has been happening me to of late. I don't understand it, I knew at one time my emotions would sway my magic. But the more I've been in control of it the more poweful it's felt. 

I know it's a prison world, but I've been doing my research  I may not physically be able to send my body yet. But I've found a spell to alter the prison world meaning it will alter in the real world. So instead of worrying so much on the possiblity of getting out of here I'm going to make a room to help the people on the outside world. A room that will come in handy in the years to come incase something bad happens. I hope I figure this out eventually. I want to help the people I love but without doing something here first I know goign back now would be a mistake. 

My mother always said take advantage of what your given, don't be reckless and let it slip from opportunity. 

Sincerly Dora..

I shut the book close and looked out at the beautiful summers day only to realise it was eclipse time. I looked up at the sky and smiled, one of the things I enjoyed about the day was it turned into night. Tucking the book under my arm I got up from my cair and head back inside ot begin work on my project. I'd come up with a secret room years before any of this happened. I imagined where and how I'd hide it. Walking up the hall I looked at a door no one used anymore. Damon kind of walled it up after killing Zach so lets just say no one would notice in the future if I changed it around creating a secret room instead, and so the work began.

 I rubbed my hands together opening the door and walked on down to see what I was working with. You see the boarding house had three basements all together, this being one of three of them. Not that I really explored them, basements always gave me the freaks but I'm not as scared of things like that anymore. I walked down the stairs as I flicked on the light and looked at the huge space before me. Defintely not what I expected. 

Two month's later...

I had been working hard for the last two months in hopes to complete the spell to transfer this room to the other world. I had been working on my own way out, but the more I try and help the outside world I'm losing hope with how I'm going to get myself out. I'd receive short messages here and there from Bonnie saying she hasn't given up. But the less I hear from her the more I fear something bad is happening or something bad has happened. I remeber the last note she sent. 

'I'm still trying to find a way out. But alot has happened. I'm sorry. - Bonnie'

I knew by the strain in her writing and how terribly messy it was that something bad had happened. So I had to take things finally into my own hands. 

I'd been training mercily aswell as building the room and I was exhausted but I felt exhilarated to say the least. 

I sat in the lounge one late afternoon flipping through Bonnies grimoire when I came past a extraction spell. My eyes widened. 

"How the hell did I miss this?" I jumped up from the chair as I paced back and forth. 

"Your such an idiot Thea..." I flipped over the page and smiled widely. "I can do this.. I am a capable being.. your are amazing Thea, fantastic, brave and powerful" I slammed the book shut and rushed around the house gathering items to take back with me. I'd already completed the spell to change the room in the future and here I was now standing in the salvatore living room. Dressed in one of my best going home outfits I could find. I had packed research on my uni work plus all the research I had been doing on the merge with the Gemini coven. I had come up with the idea of finding another way to merge without dying so far I'd seen little results but I had some type of break through in certain aspects. 

I'd gathered the rock I got from the cave sylia was in and made my way out of the house with the acendant

I'd gathered the rock I got from the cave sylia was in and made my way out of the house with the acendant.I got in the car I'd had since the begining and made it over to the lockwood caves. 

Kai had left me a note awhile ago before he left that if I ever found a way to use the acendant then that would be the place to use it. I stood in the clearing of the cave looking up at the eclipse started and I smiled. I was finally going home after all this time. I was going homd to my family.