Chapter Eighteen • Thanksgiving

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

After some much needed silence between the two of us. We headed back to the house to find Kai had out done himself. I didn't know eighteen years alone could do that tp a person. If it was me I'd probably wallow in self pity.. but then again I do love a good adventure. I love to learn, that's one thing about me no one ever understood except Stefan.

 He'd find me book after book with something new. I'd learn a few languages in my time, though I wanted to learn more. My favourite thing though was secretly the study of magic and other people's culture. I'd studied my own coven at first and all the ins and out of it. Every spell, every tradition I knew the knowledge. I just guess when it come to thinking of it or using it my mind would freeze. 

I then went on to studying the gemini coven much to my demise. But I had to, I had to know it's weaknesses and it's strengths. Then I studied the Bennett's and mikaelson and even various covens from New Orleans. I was always prepared I just didn't show it. I'd always choke or look like the stupid one even if I wasn't it was just my thing. Bonnie was the witch of our friendship group and I was just Thea.. poor hopeless Thea who'd always get herself in trouble. 

To my surprise I did have a few aces up my sleeves. I'd befriend Klaus Mikaelson for one and Elijah, they seemed how do I put it..  different. Even though they tried killing my best friend more then once and her brother and then also Bonnie or so on. I'd been alluring in there words not mine. 

I sat in thought at the kitchen table as Kai brought over various dishes. 

"Do you need a hand?" I asked as I looked up at him. He just smiled shaking his head at me. 

"No I'm good..." He finally sat down and rubbed his hands together. 

"No we eat... Ahh I love thanks giving" We both piled more then necessary on our plates and dung in. Silence filled the air but it was comfortable. enjoyable. I looked up at Kai every so often admiring him for some weird silly reason. I knew he'd tried killing Damon and then tried killing Bonnie..and lets not forget him killing nearly all his siblings. But I understand him, I understand why he did what he did. He didn't want to be alone, he wanted to be taken seriously. He just wanted a family that cared for him.

"What you tinting about you've got that thinking face on again.." I shook my head as Kai stared down at his plate as he continued to eat. 

"Ahh it's nothing" I dug into the juicy chicken shoving some in my mouth and moaned in appreciation. 

"It's not nothing and I know it's not about the chicken even though I know that chicken it magnificent" I laughed as I continued to eat. 

"It's nothing I swear Kai.. I just. I understand why you've done what you've done okay. I've been thinking a lot lately" Kai laughed.

"You never stop thinking" 

"Hardi dah dah I think.. unlike you" I poked my tongue out at him and he shoved a carrot in my mouth.. "mmm yummy" I grumbled as I chewed on the carrot. "As I was saying I've been thinking a lot lately.. and no one else understand's why you did what you did but I do, I just guess I just never wanted to admit to myself that my life is the way it is.. I was abused, broken and acted out..Just like you" Kai hummed with a giant smile. 

"I wouldn't say I acted out... I was out for revenge" I rolled my eyes at the inflating ego he had going on. 

"really.. you can never hold a sane conversation can you..." Kai looked away with a sonic face. 

"Why of course I can.." the sarcastic undertones were evident as he looked over at me. 

"No you can't you doofus.." I picked my finger up dipping it in the sour cream and wiped it across his cheek. 

"You didn't" Kai gasped dramatically standing up from the chair. "ohh you better run Salvatore or else" Kai spoke as he smirked down at me. My eyes widened as I stumbled from the chair and ran for my life. 

"You'll never catch me alive doofus" 

"Ohh it's on like donkey kong" I laughed carefree as we ran through the house eventually Kai caught me from behind twirling me around in his arms. "You do crazy things for me Salvatore..." Kai's eyes furrowed as he held me close looking me in the eyes. 

"And why is that.." I smiled softly. 

"You make me feel something.. I've always only felt nothing but rage and anger." I brought my hand up to his face as I looked at him. 

"You were always capable of caring, feeling something Kai. It's just no one gave you the chance to love and care for them. But if you let the right people in then it'll be worth it Kai" Kai looked away letting me go from his grip. 

"But do I deserve it... I've done so many horrible things why change now" Kai walked away leaving me exhausted yet again from a conversation with Kai. It was like fetch one minute he'd let me in and think he deserved somebody in his life and in the next moment he'd hate himself and believe nothing should change. That he should continue down the path of darkness. One day if that man doesn't listen to me I'm going to tie him to a chair and make him listen.. dark thoughts Thea. 

I straightened out my clothes as I sighed in annoyance. I walked back into the kitchen to find Kai eating the rest of his dinner, sour cream still on his cheek. 

"You gonna tell me why you ran away from me.." Kai stayed silent. 

"Can we not talk about it Thea.. let's just eat" I sighed sitting down next to him and continued to finish off my meal. 

About forty five minutes late I sat watching Kai as he continued to savour the last bite of his meal. 

"We've been sitting here for forty five fucking minutes as you savour that last bite.. are you feeling okay" I was watching him with a frown upon my face as I leaned on my chin for support. 

"Can't I just savour our last meal..." My eyes furrowed.

"Kai what do you mean by last meal..."