Chapter Thirty One - The merge

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

It felt like Joshua was getting something out of me. Watching me, draining me somehow. The more I saw him the more I felt drained of strength. I couldn't let that happen, if I was weak that meant my fight to end this all would ultimately be destroyed. He'd win and I'd have nothing left to live for. We were still held up in the cemetery and Alaric was positive in locking Kai up. Not that he didn't have a record for killing people, what I didn't understand was how people could judge Kai for what he did when some of the others have killed a lot more then him. 

I was currently pacing back and forth on the other side of the border with Damon when he stopped to look at me. 

"I think I know how to get to him.." Damon spoke. 

"Damon what are you thinking.." before I could Damon took a ahold of me and sunk his fans into my neck. "Damon! stop"  I screamed, I didn't want to hurt him but if he kept drinking my blood I'd have to. But the more he did the less I could think. He stopped letting my limp body sit in his hands. I couldn't hear myself but their conversation. 

"Let her go... Do you hear me" I heard Kai's voice speak viciously. 

"No asshole, you listen to me.. you're gonna make it easy on us and I'm gonna kill you." I could just tell he was smiling as he spoke to Kai. I could feel the wind pick up and Damon dropped me to the ground harshly looking around not knowing what was happening. Kai was chanting, and I knew exactly what he was doing. Sucking the magical border dry. The one thing keeping the dead like Damon out. 

"Damon stop taunting him.. what the hell Damon what did you do" I could sense Alaric's preside near as he leaned down taking my body in his embrace. 

"I simply used her to get to him.. It worked didn't it.. But he stopped talking" 

"What do you mean he stopped talking, he never stops talking" silence filled the air between the two as a sudden realisation fell over the both of them. 

"What happened to his chains?" Damon asked. 

"Ha what's happening?" I asked all confused and dazed. Not one answered me though. 

"Is he chanting" Alaric questioned. I tried sitting up but my body felt so weak that I stumbled back down. 

"Little magic sucker" Damon's voice seemed to be filled with worry as he spoke and I knew exactly why. "You sucked up all the magic from the traveler spell" The wind blew through my hair as I dragged myself up against the car to rest. I looked up to see Alaric was flown through the air. 

"A lot of magic.." I could hear the smirk playing on Kai's lips as he spoke to Damon. They must of really went at it before I pulled Damon and Bonnie out at the beginning. All of a sudden Kai disappeared and I did. I looked up to see Kai leaning down taking me in his hands. "Rest.." My eyes fell shut and everything went dark. 

The next thing I know I woke up in my bed in my dorm room. Groaning I got up from bed and tried to find my phone to call and see what has happened. But I had this gut feeling that it was something bad. I reached for my phone when his voice spoke. 

"You really think I'm gonna let you continue helping my son, why would I. His a monster, and I'd say you're a monster to" I turned around as my eyes widened. It was Joshua Parker in the flesh. "His a psychopath and I'm gonna make sure the twins Liv and Luke merge before he even gets a chance" I felt the air from my lungs leave and I fell to my knees in agony. 

"Why are you doing this to me? yes I'm helping Kai, but you did this to him.. you did this to me. All those years ago, you tortured me because you said it was my fault I killed my family.. but I did, I didn't kill them. My dad did, and he knew it was his time.. so why do this?" I cried out to Joshua as tears brimmed down my cheeks and snot fell from my nose.