Chapter Fifty two - Mother of light

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

"So you thought I was dead?" Lydia questioned me as she sat playing with her hands nervously. I looked up at my sister as Stiles comforted her. My hand laying peacefully on my stomach. 

"I did. I thought I watched you die that night, I was so scared. I thought I was all alone, and then I ran to Kai's house." I looked at Kai and I could see him visible tense at the memory of that night. 

"what happened that night." It was Stiles turn to question what had happened and I shut my eyes for a second, I felt Kai's hand intwine with mine and I sighed. 

"A lot.. Let's just say May 10th 1994 was a horrible night for all of us." I looked at Kai as I smiled sadly at him, I could see the visible guilt he held for that night but there was nothing we could change. I stopped however, when I noticed Kai wasn't moving. Looking back Lydia she was staring at me confused at she also looked at Stiles not moving.

"What just happened." Lydia shot up from the couch and started pacing confused at what was going on, even I was distraught having the familiar feeling I did with Joshua. 

"I don't know.." I got up to check outside when I felt the presence of something. Looking back I almost fell from the sheer brightness which appeared in front of us. Then I saw her. 

"Mother." Lydia and I spoke in unison shocking the both of us. 

"Hello my girls. It's good to finally see you together again, you've both grown so much." I could tell all she wanted to do was hug us but she couldn't, I could feel the barrier between us that made it impossible to do so."I wish I could of been there to make sure everything was okay, but life wouldn't of been the same." Suddenly our father showed up next to mother and I jumped back almost startled. 

"It's okay sweet heart. I won't hurt you." I smiled warmly at him, but stayed in my place to scared in my own mind to move. 

"Were here to give you both a gift. After everything that has happened, the ancestors and some of the people upstairs have agreed that they would love nothing more than to have the two of you become apart of life itself." I was confused what our mother meant, what did it mean to become part of life. "I guess I'm saying is you will both be gifted with a power to protect something or be apart of it. Lydia" my mother turned to Lyda stepping forward out of the light. "I gift you the sight, the barrier between life and death. You will be able to contact the afterlife, speak to the dead, protect those that cannot be protected. You will also learn that with death comes life, and that a certain girl is waiting for youth bring her back." My mother winked at Lydia and I could tell my sister was tearing up from the message. "Thea." She turned to me and walked up taking my hand for a brief moment in hers. "I give you the gift of nature and emotion, you will be able to connect with any human, animal or supernatural being on the planet. With this comes great power, gifts will flourish into other abilities girls. Treat them wisely." Our mother went back to stand next to father and I walked over to Lydia taking her hand in mine. I smiled at her as she smiled at me and suddenly the light disappeared and so did they. 

"There gone." Lydia spoke sadly. I looked at her as she looked down at the ground in sorrow. Suddenly though I was something change, her hair it was going white like mine. 

"Lydia.. Look your hair." She looked up me suddenly scared as she ripped her hand for mine and looked at the mirror above the fireplace. 

"Holy shit.. It's half white." Lydias hair had taken this gorgeous colour as the white mixed with the red.