Chapter Fifteen • Movie Night

Thea's POV

Kai and I had made it home in record time. The sun was setting and the moon was rising. I always loved this time of day. It made me want to sit outside and watch the sunset thinking about nothing but the happy memories. I went to the lounge and opened the doors that opened up to the outside and I stood leaning against the door frame as I watched the sunset. I generally smiled as I stood wit my arms crossed. The wind picked up and the leaves rustled on the outside trees. 

"It's beautiful isn't it. One of the least terrible things about this place.." Kai hummed as he joined me by the door. I looked over at him to see he had changed into something more comfortable. I smiled at the t-shirt Nirvana one of my favourites as a young girl, and he paired it off with a pair of grey sweat pants. 

"It is.. I just noticed but the silence it's actually nice for a change. Though I miss the sound of the birds. They were always my favourite" We both stood inches apart. I could hear his heavy breathing as he stood close to me. "So.. what do you have planned for dinner?" 

"Hmm so is this you excited to actually have dinner with me cause I can make it a date?" he smiled deviously down at me as he leaned on the door frame. 

"Hmm if thats what you want.. I'm stuck with you now.." Kai only grinned walking away from me as he started dinner. I went on to prepare the movie snacks and laid out the movies for Kai to choose. I loved them all so it didn't bother me. "Hey Kai come pick the first movie!" Kai ran out from the kitchen and looked at the spread in front of us. 

"Wicked choices Dora.. okay what about Child's play" I laughed picking up the tape and got it ready to play. 

"sociopath.." Kai ran away out of sight and I sat peacefully on the couch waiting for him.. at this point I was nearly dozing off as I did. Kai came waltzing in with two plates of pasta and handed me one. 

"here we go.. my famous Alfredo pasta" I took it gentle from him and smiled. 

"Kai?" he looked up as he twirled the pasta on his fork.

 "What?" 

"Are we ever gonna get out of here..." He tensed at my question .

"Dora.. it's not that I don't won't to it's just. The ascendant is broken, I don't have any magic.." I cut him off as he spoke. 

"I have magic" Kai grumbled under his breath. 

"You do.. but I don't want to siphon it from you Dora.." I sighed myself placing my pasta down. 

"Why not Kai. I can fix it with magic myself.." I could see is mind ticking away as he looked down at his pasta.

"No you can't! what if my father uses you to permanently destroy the ascendant in this world." I sat back in the couch in uncomfortable silence. 

"You think I can't fight him.." a single tear slid down my face. I picked my pasta back up and decided slowly eat it. 

"I believe you can I just.. I can't risk it." I placed my pasta back down and rip his hand from his own. Placing it on my wrist I screamed at him. 

"Don't be afraid just fucking take it..." His eyes darkened as he put down down his pasta. 

"I don't always have control over it" his voice got heated as he looked at me. "if I do I might take too much.. I didn't care about doing it to people like Bonnie or even Damon. But I can't do that to you" I shot up from the couch as I towered over Kai. 

"Why not you hardly know me Kai.. you were around for five years of my life. You knew the Theadora Evermore. The outcast, the loner the five year old child who soared above all learning things in a click of her fingers. I'm different now My names isn't Theadora Evermore My name is Theadora Salvatore. Beloved friend, top of her class, crazy nerd for a love of history and culture. But I'm also this shell of a person I knew, on the outside I put a brave facade on the inside I'm scared of all this power, I'm scared that one day I'm gonna hurt someone because my emotions control my powers.. Fuck your right" I sat down and and screamed into my hands. Kai sat down slowly and looked at me caustiously.