Chapter Forty One - The bell of the ball

Thea's POV - Unedited

It was time, Kai had paced worryingly all afternoon not knowing what the expect from this ball we were going to. I on the other hand seemed to take it with stride, I danced around the house my mood yet again changing for some weird reason. I took a look in the mirror patting down my dress and I looked up to see Kai watching me. 

"you know I wonder how I got so lucky" I hummed re adjusting the crown on my head. 

"Well I wonder sometimes why I gave you a chance.. you did after all leave me in a prison world" I smiled not looking at him. He growled walking up behind me placing his hands on my hips. 

"Hmm but you wouldn't be here today would you if I didn't do that." I hummed opening my eyes to see him resting in the chook of my neck. 

"Don't crawl to me mister.. remember I also got as many years on your now as you do and I'm not as rusty as you either" I winked and he hummed rolling his eyes. 

"hmm I guess so, but you weren't saying that the other night when you are screaming my name" I giggled as he kissed me on the cheek. 

"That's true" I turned around readjusting his tie so it wasn't crooked. "But I remember you screaming my name to.. Did I not hear that or was I imagining it" I smiled, he chuckled taking my hands in his. 

"This is true...you just make me want to be a better man" He pulled me possessively towards him. 

"Hmm well then my work it done here.." I quipped. We both got on with our day, I finished off getting dressed as Kai got ready to leave and the both of us set off for the Gemini coven reunion. Now who was worrying, I was as I played with my dress and Kai drove there. I wondered how this was going to go. I was the stranger, I was the sore thumb that was going to stick out. Kai looked over at me at he also glanced back at the road. 

"I can see the worry written all over you honey.. I've told you it's going to be fine...and if they don't like you then they don't like me and they wouldn't want there head of coven be angry with them would they" he voice was filled with venom thinking of the coven and if they hated us. Kai at the moment has been trying to find more and more ways to see the bad in the coven, wanting in some way to kill someone or torture someone into telling him that they're still on his fathers side. I would say his being paranoid but the more I think of it from Kai's point of view, the more I understand where he is coming from. His father was unpredictable, crazy he could do anything to anyone and would get away with it. But I wasn't going to let that happen, I may be broken, he may be broken but were broken together and we fit together. 

If you told me at the beginning of all of this, that it would end up this way I'd be calling you crazy. But I'm not, I can see now that everything happens for a reason, and I was glad I had someone like Kai. His helped me through some of the worse parts of my life, and having someone that will fight until the end I loved that. If I had to rely on someone like Damon or Stefan, or even Elena I'd be wanting a long time. My friends and family always seemed to be saving someone else, forgetting I was even there until I was the last resort. Thats how I got stuck in the prison world in the first place, I was there last option the person who couldn't rely on their magic, was scared and shy and had so many torturous memories that she needed counselling every day. 

I was just the scared little Thea Salvatore, that people saw as a child. Even if I brilliant at school and got straight A's people still seemed to treat me like I needed constant supervision. Now I didn't get any supervision at all, I was happy with Kai but it saddened me to think that no one not even my family spoke to me. All the messages I used to get stopped, all the worrying I used to received no existent.