Chapter Eleven • Mind manipulation

Thea's POV

I had done it yet again. I slammed the door in Kais face and had collapsed on my bed crying as I held my diary in my hands.

He had just done the one thing I didn't want him to do, he'd read what I had felt and he now knows what exactly happened to me that night. I wanted to ignore the aching feeling in my heart, but it was just so hard to do that. Kai was that type of person where you wanted to tell him anything, but it was just so hard to do it in the first place because he was who he was. To many he was called a monster an abomination but to me he was a sweetheart. As hard as that is to believe he always treated me with respect and kindness even when my fellow peers teased me and insulted me.

I set up in my bed as my back leaned against the bed frame. I still clutch the diary in my hands as I looked at the door and thought should I go and find him. I wiped the tears from my face trying to work up the courage to get up from the bed but I just couldn't do it. My body aches and pain And my head sweltered in agony as I thought about that night. I know I'm repeating myself I know I keep thinking over and over about what happened but it just didn't leave my mind. I was about to get up when I had the creek from the bathroom. I looked up and saw the door opening slowly and my eyes widened and panic. What was happening? Who the hell is there?

" hello? Who's there?" It couldn't have been key because I knew nobody else here was with us. I got up slowly from my bed making my way over to the bathroom door to see what it was and as I opened it I saw the one person that I didn't think I'd ever see again. He towered over me with a Sinister smile and I knew then and there something was wrong. " how... How are you here?" I stumbled back falling to the ground and panic as I tried to get away from him. I got it from the ground and ran to the bedroom door but he grabbed me he flung me across the room and my body like a ragdoll hit the wall and almost snapped in half.

" A little bird I sensed you the minute you stepped into this prison world. Did you think you get away with it, did you think you get my son out of this place. I'm here for you and you only I'm gonna finish what I didn't finish that night and make sure it's painful and wonderful at the same time..." I knew this bastard was evil but I just didn't know how evil he was. I tried to get up from the position my body was. I tried to get up from the ground, but my body ached in pain. I looked down to realise that my leg was broken and I couldn't move. More panic rose inside of me I saw Joshua getting closer and closer to me. So I screamed, I did the one thing I never thought I do and I screamed for Kai Parker. " Kai! Kyle help me please" I sounded so desperate and I cringed at the fact that I was actually screaming for that man. But soon enough he slammed the door and looked panic around and saw me laying on the floor in pain. He came up to me not even realising that his father was standing before him I pointed in the direction of his father and he looked up to see nothing.

"Thea what's wrong? How the hell did you do this to yourself what are you even pointing at" Kai helped me from the floor and laid me in bed softly. I still didn't speak a word as I saw Joshua smiling down at me as he stood in the corner watching the two of us.

" he's here Kai he's right behind why don't you see him." Kai looked over in the direction that I pointed in and I knew by the look on his face that he still couldn't see what I saw.

" there's nothing there Thea will you calm down.." Kai tried to touch my leg and I screamed in pain, I swatted his hand away from my leg and pointed again up at the man.

" can You just stop for a second and concentrate I know he's there and I'm not crazy why would my leg be broken in the first place if somebody wasn't here" At this point I was getting overly annoyed at Kai and the fact that he couldn't see the man before me. But then I knew this is the Gemini coven we're talking about, they play mind games and trick you.

" he's not gonna hear me little bird. Only you can see me..." I shook my head not wanting to believe the words that came out of Joshua's mouth. I wanted this all to be over, I wanted it to be a dream. I clutched my hands against my head as I try to ignore last I came out of the man's mouth, he knew he was getting to me and he knew what he wanted to do. Kais hands wrapped around me pulling me into his chest I didn't stop him from doing this so I accepted it I laid my Head on his chest and buried it so I couldn't hear The man as you continue to laugh.

And just like that it disappeared. The voice of Joshua Parker disappeared and so did he.

" i'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm not crazy I swear to you I'm not crazy I saw him..." I tried looking up at Kai but he simply brought me tighter into his chest and we both laid there in my bed in quiet silence.

" you're not crazy... Okay"

I fell asleep that night in Kai's arms and for some reason I felt safe. Being with A sociopath I never thought I'd say that. But here I was in Kais arms as he made sure I was safe. I never knew how Kai was going to react with these type of things. One minute he was hot and then next he was cold. I never knew when he was going to be angry and never knew
when he was going to be nice. So I made the best of it, I smiled thinking back to the times when he was nice, when he was kind. I smiled laying against his chest and I heard the soft snores coming from his mouth. Why am I finding this so attractive... That was the simple question I was asking.

However I couldn't stop thinking about what happened that day. Not only did Kai read my diary, but his father had paid us a visit more specifically paid me a visit.

Luckily for me Kai was able to heal my leg before we went to sleep that night, but it didn't stop me from thinking that Joshua could come back. That what I thought was going to happen will happen and that will be the end of me. Not like I was surprised though, everything in my life seem to go wrong. It was just the curse of being a evermore. Before I fell asleep I heard the faint whisper of someone.

" I won't be back for now. But I'll leave you with a parting gift my dear... Good night little bird"

I buried my head in Kai's chest as I wished away the monster that ruined my life.