Chapter Fourteen • Getting out and about

Thea's POV

I had been changing my bed when Kai walked in. 

"Hey so I figured we'd go out for the day. I know you don't have anything to wear, and quite frankly I would like you stop stealing my flannels don't think I haven't noticed you taking them from my closet." I smiled innocently as I laid the blanket on the top of the bed. Finishing up I grabbed a jacket from the closet and followed Kai out of the room. 

" Thank goodness.. I'm sick of wearing Flannel. It doesn't fend well with my complexion" I sighed dramatically as I followed Kai side by side. Kai glanced down at me as we made our way out of the house and I stopped as I saw Damons Mustang. "Holy shit.. it's Damons baby..give me give me" I asked for the keys. I tried so desperately to get him to give me the keys but he laughed as he shook his head. 

"Nope your not driving" I rolled my eyes as I begrudgingly got in the passengers seat. 

"Its like you don't trust me..." I crossed my arms as I tried not to look at Kai. I was playing the sad puppy card, which was probably not working with him. 

"it's not that I don't trust you. It's the voice that I don't trust. Knowing my dad he'll plant some thought to run this car off the road and kill the both of us" Kai started up the Mustang and took off quite fast out the salvatore estate and towards town. I held on tightly to the seat belt as Kai let himself free as the car speed towards town square. 

"You more likely gonna get us killed" I mumbled under my breath disgruntled. 

"You know you're cute when you're mad.. let's make a deal after we go shopping and what. If the voices haven't spoken then you can drive home" I nodded turning up the radio.

"Deal" The song Black hole sun began to play and I smiled. 

"Classic" we both said in unison. 

"Ha I didn't peg you for a rock girl" I trialed my along the window as I smiled. 

"Yeah well you don't know everything about me Parker.. life changes you" 

"Indeed it does" Kai turned up the Radio as Black Hole sun played and we both sung along to it. Rocking out to the music, I felt free and alive. I wasn't scared for once, or feeling useless. I was just in the moment with him even if people thought of him as a monster, or an abomination. So far he hadn't really done any of that. The boy had anger issues thats for sure. But he hasn't gone as far as to try and kill me.. Hurt me maybe but hey, its sad to say I'm used to that. 

We pulled into the town square and I hoped out and rushed in the direction of a boutique I saw. 

"I'll be back" Without looking back at Kai I entered the store. Taking a long look around, after much browsing. I grabbed a couple pairs of jeans, flannels, singlet tops in funky colours. Some band tees and of course a couple pairs of bras and underwear. I also picked out an outfit to wear since I dreaded staying in the clothes I was in currently.