Chapter Fifty One - Beacon Hills

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

We'd left the hotel behind, bidding goodbye to what was left of the witches council. I'd even successfully scored a place at the table when I wanted it. You could say Joshua was someone the witches council had wanted gone for a long time, and I for one was finally glad that it was over. The internal struggle that that man could come back and hurt my babies scared me everyday. However, now here we were on the open roads laughing, just generally enjoying life for a change. I needed that, I didn't need to worry about what could come, or what could happen. Of course I'd always be there fo my family, the ones who raised me the ones who got me through rough times. But this was my time, I wanted to ride this journey out with Kai and I was. 

I couldn't help but smile as I watched Kai driving, he hummed as he tapped his fingers against the wheel. he'd even grown stubble since our trip to New York. 

"You no it's not nice to stare without complimenting the driver darling," Kai glanced over for a second cracking his signature smirk as he did. I quickly turned away as my cheeks turned plum red. 

"I don't know what your talking about young man, I wasn't looking at you.. I was looking at the moo moos" Kai started laughing as he hit his hand against the wheel. 

"Did you seriously just call the cows, moo moos," I pouted looking back over at Kai. 

"Yess.. But look at them, I can't help it. Baby moo moos are also even cuter." I whined out of spite. All Kai could do was laugh at me as I held my growing tummy in my hands. "Come on you can't not think they're adorable." I looked at him as he glanced at me and pouted. 

"Oh honey don't pout at me. That face drives me crazy." I giggled as i watched Kai generally smile. I poked out my tongue as I changed the channel on the radio and price tag by Jessie J came on. I turned it up and ignored the grumbles of Kai as he looked out on the road. 

Seems like everybody's got a price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first and the truth comes second
Just stop for a minute and smile
Why is everybody so serious?
Acting so damn mysterious
Got shades on your eyes
And your heels so high that you can't even have a good time

Soon enough Kai was going in with me and the both of us sung together as I whined down the windows. Undeniable I noticed the sign of Beacon Hills ahead and my mouth dropped in shock. We were here, we had actually made it. 

"Were here, we've actually done it." I excitedly looked at Kai like a child and he glanced at me with a small smile

 Kai's POV

I looked at her lovingly, she's always seen the positive in life even if I didn't. Her laugh was like a light almost, as I held my hands against the wheel I saw the sign she had pointed out to me. We were actually here, the one place I think Thea has wanted to be for as long as I've known about her sister. The happiness, the look of delight on her face as we cross the town border. But the smile of hers drops as she hunches over in pain. 

"oh my god! This place is full of magic." My eyebrows crinkled in confusion. You think I would of felt the magic like she did, but no the pure pained expression in her eyes as she looked at me in worry. "It hurts Kai..." She picked up her hand holding her chest as she laid back. 

"We've got to go back then, love I can't have you suffer being here." She shook her head in reluctantly telling me to continue, even if all I wanted to do was turn around and never come back. 

"No I need to do this, I need to find Lydia. I need to find my sister, being with her will stop this." Thats what gave me the determination to find the house we were looking for. But Thea stopped me as her hand took my own. "No.. Not that way. That way" she pointed towards another road which seemed less crowded with houses and they were further apart. Eventually her hand squeezed my arm and I saw her point out the window. "That house.. that's the one." I slammed my brakes, but before I could ask her what we were going to do, she got out of the car and slammed the door behind her.