Chapter One | The Evermore Curse

edited

May 10th, 1994.

Portland, Oregon.

A powerful but forgotten coven finally met its demise on the night of May 10th 1994, this evening saw the suicide murder of one coven, and the slaughter of another. Thea Evermore was only five at the time, her mother and father knew of the Evermore curse and how all husbands eventually meet their own horrible endings in the grip of insanity. However, even with Melissa Evermore's warnings the last coven elder before she passed. Both Graham Evermore and Audrey stayed together in hopes the curse wouldn't affect him. They thought of the saying of her father before he died.

"I will always be of sane mind darling. For I'm an Evermore and Evermore's never give up."

Audrey looked to her late father and knew that if there could be even a slither of hope then she had to take it, not only for her but for her twins. Thea had a sister, a brave one, Lydia Louise Evermore was a spitfire of an opposite. Always talking out of place, always coming up with an answer, and sneaking in all the good snacks when Mum and Dad aren't looking. Graham and Audrey hit the jackpot with the twins, they were special in more ways than one and a vision from both their futures told Audrey, that in time fate would bring them to their full and fruitful destination. Even if it meant that one day she did die at the hands of her husband.

That night the clicking had awoke Audrey and Thea, Thea hadn't a clue where the annoying sound was coming from. However, with the growing echo, Audrey gasped in desperation as she looked at her husband, but he was gone. She knew then and there that the curse had taken him. She thought maybe it would of over time and she could have hidden the children and saved them all, but the sound of his voice shook every bone in her body.

"Oh, darling?! Why don't you come out I wanna talk, talk to my darling Audrey." Her door swung open and Audrey backed up against the bed as she tried to rip the sheets from her sweaty body. "Oh little one...Why so scared, it's just me it's Graham. Why are you so frightened?" A sad smile overtook her as she got up on her knees and crawled to the end of the bed as she met him there.

"I'm not afraid. I love you, sweetheart, I love every moment we had together..." as her hand touched his face she caught sight of the knife in his hands. A tear trickling down her cheek she knew what she had to do. "RUN! THEA...LYDIA GET OUT OF THE HOUSE..." Her voice stopped a choked sound escaped her lips as both girls appeared at the door. That's when Lydia exhibited the first real signs of her powers. She screamed like her mother, a scream so loud that it pierced the eardrums of every person in the home and in the distance as Kai Parker killed one of his brothers he heard it. Stopping for a moment a sense of worry overtook him. For only a split second he thought of Thea and wondered if she was okay.

Back at the Evermore residence, the life left Audrey's eyes as she slipped back onto the bed and blood leaked over the clean white cotton sheets. Lydia being of only sensible mind at that moment pushed her sister from the doorway and rushed with her out of the house, but as the twins made it to the door and Thea ripped it open Lydia got caught in her father's grip. Looking back from the top of the steps her sister called for her.

"Thea...Run please!" Tears leaked from her eyes as she tried fighting off her father with the magic she had, but for whatever reason the magic running through her smashed all the windows instead as her father stood looking down at her with a crying Lydia in his hands.

"Is that all you got child!" He cackled.

"Thea please run..." Thea looked back as her sister shouted again. "Don't look back.." Thea kept on running as rocks, sticks, and other small sharp objects jabbed into the souls of her little feet. She cried trying to find her way in the black of night as the wind picked up she could feel the singe of magic lingering in the air. Something was going to happen that hadn't yet and how did she know that? Well she just did, this tiny voice in the back of her mind told her over and over again to stop running and just turn back but she kept on going. Before she even knew what was happening she had stopped outside the Parker family residence, another coven her mother had been friends with. However, something about the house looked strange, something bout it screamed danger.

A strangled scream made Thea jump back and her foot landed on something so sharp that she cut her foot open. Whimpering in pain she looked back up to see Jo run out of the house covered in blood. Followed behind her was Kai a knife in hand and a sadistic smile plastered over his face.

"It doesn't have to be so hard Jo. Make this easy for yourself...merge with me." Thea let a small sniffle escape from her lips and both siblings looked in her direction with curiosity.

"Thea?" Jo commented.

"Jesus...Thea is that you." Without even thinking of it Kai rushed over to Thea with an expression of concern. One which surprised his sister. "What happened?" He could see the girl was distraught, shivering from the cold of night.

"I...I...The curse it took Papa, he killed Mama...I think he killed sissy. I tried, I did try and save her but my magic it didn't work." Thea began to hyperventilate, and Kai took Thea into his arms.

"It's gonna be okay little one." Thea hanged into him tightly.

"Kai..Put Thea down, don't make her a part of this." Thea could tell Kai was fighting against his demons. Something she knew quite well about since he liked to talk about it, but it was like an eternal battle going on. His head shook and Thea turned to see a knife in his hand.

"D...don't kill Jo K...Kai. She's your sissy. Sissy's are forever." A small tear slithered down his cheek.

"Not all the time little bird, I have to let you go now. Go and never come back." He placed Thea back down into the ground, she cringed slightly at the throbbing in her foot.

"But.." Her lips chattered.

"But nothing I need you to stay safe Thea, go...NOW!" She jumped back at the harsh words and she turned to see Jo looking at her sadly. She didn't leave though as Jo finally agreed to merge Thea followed them and watched on as the entire coven showed up and surrounded the twins. Thea knew something bad was gonna happen, she knew it the moment they started to chant. In a split second thought, she ran to the two of them and Jo's face lit up in surprise.

"Thea what are you doing here go!" The wind picked up and the coven knew it wasn't the twins or the spell, but Thea.

"Stop! Stop it. I may be five but I know what you're doing!" Jo saw the broken look on the little girl's face.

"We can't Thea it's done.." Kai dropped to the ground in pain and screamed out. That night like her sister she exhibited the same abilities but stronger. Her screams split the entire forest in half as all the coven members dropped to the ground. Joshua however, was able to grab hold of Thea as she struggled in his grip. Blowing some dust into her face she calmed and all the members slowly got back up. However, not before he disappeared with Thea in his arms. Away from all prying eyes and away from his family.

"Ohh what fun we will have little one...I know what you did, I know what your dad did..Your family from day one has been a pain in my side and I will make sure you will never live to see another day like that again..."

Thea could hear him, even if she couldn't move she could hear Joshua speaking to her, her glazed-over eyes shed another year as she fought within the own confines of her mind. Screaming for a release that would never come.