Chapter Twenty Three • Evermore Mechanics

Thea's POV - Unedited.

The next day I headed on down to my father's workshop. I only remember it a little from when I was young, the overalls he'd wear and the view from his workshop. Driving the streets aimlessly I finally came upon the abandoned shop and I was surprised to see it was in  decent condition. A little graffiti here and there, but besides that the outside was in great condition. 

I pulled up out front and pulled out the keys to take a look inside

I pulled up out front and pulled out the keys to take a look inside. I turned the lights on and it was like everything came to life. Cars stood still untouched for over twenty years. To be honest it was like a time capsule and I'd just opened it. The lights switched on throughout the entire workshop and so did the bulb lights. They lit it up making ti feel like a fairytale. With a flick of my wrist I chanted a spell under my breath and the dust disappeared from all the surfaces.

 I smiled knowing that was one less thing for me to deal with. Wondering through the shop I ran my hand along the vintage cars my father loved to work on. He had many, but the one he kept at home was his baby. I opened the garage door letting in some fresh air and got to work shifting products and going though other draws to get rid of any rubbish. I also checked all the cars and determined which needed work on and which I could put out to sell. Out of the six, three of them were in great condition and ready to sell and the other three were in need of some TLC. So I got on that afternoon with the first car. 

It was a beauty I have to admit, it was a 1958 corvette, and just from my father's paper work it had been driven only a couple of years before my father bought it

It was a beauty I have to admit, it was a 1958 corvette, and just from my father's paper work it had been driven only a couple of years before my father bought it. Even as old as it it. As I worked away, I didn't notice a car pulled up and someone got out. As I had my head in the hood I heard someone cough awkwardly to get my attention. I accidentally hit my head on the hood and turned around as I wiped my hand free of oil. 

"Ohh goodness sorry.. how can I help...." My eyes widened as I saw Alaric and some young girl muttering with each other. He looked up and it looked like he almost had a heart attack. 

"T..T..Thea" he stumbled back clutching his chest. The younger girl looked really concerned as she held Alaric up. 

"You know her Ric.." I smiled awkwardly. 

"Umm I do know him.. The names Thea Salvatore." The girls eyes widened. 

"Wait like as in salvatore boarding house" I nodded as I put the cloth from my hand. "So you knew Stefan and Damon" I laughed nodding at the girl agin. 

"Yes.. Stefan was like my uncle raising me and well Damon was just the annoying Uncle who put his two sense in all the time" The girl laughed. 

"I like her.. she's spot on" Alaric still stood in shock looking at me. 

"How did you.. how did you get out of the prison world.. We tried and then the ascendant disappeared. Bonnie somehow lost it after the whole thing with Kai.." My eyes furrowed. 

"Umm it's a long story.. I only escaped days ago and well the how I got out was a bit weird. I came across a put called malivore in the prison world and I took my shot. Didn't love the people on the other end though, I think I might of injured someone trying to shoot me with a taser..you know the usual" Alaric took a step forward and without warning I found my body in his embrace as he hugged me. I hesitate fro a second, but hugged me back. 

"We all thought you were dead Thea" he voice cracked as he took a step back ".. I didn't think it would be you, but a huge power was being admitted from Portland Oregon and we just had to check it out.. I'm just so shock that you're here, alive and well. Why didn't you come home" I looked away as sadness filled my eyes. 

"Ric. It's been years. I didn't know what home would be like, so I came back to the one home I knew that wouldn't of changed. I just needed a little change. I was scared to face people I must admit, you know finding out the man who raised you is dead.. I didn't know how many more people's deaths I could handle. I lived by myself for so long I just I needed time to adjust" I leaned on the car as my heart rate rose. 

"I.. I understand Thea.. I just, people miss you. You.. you seem different." I laughed standing back off the car. 

"Of course I'm different Ric. I had time to grow, I learnt multiple languages whilst I was stuck in that world. I practiced and mastered the art of combat and weaponry.. I studied multiple cultures and their magical practices. I traveled the world. I've seen things no person would of seen if others were around. I'm not that scared twenty year old uni student that was scared of magic.. I'm just now a grown women in a young adults body. Ive got a chance to live life.. and I don't know what I'm going to do with it not yet anyway" Alaric bit his lip as he looked in thought. 

"Why don't you come and teach at the school.. your room is still untouched, we need a new wiccan studies teacher and I can help you rejoin society, catch you up on everything that has happened" I went to open my mouth but shut it in thought. 

"I.. I don't know. What would people think seeing me this young, lots of people knew me in Mystic falls." Alaric smiled.

"Alot's changed Thea.. after you disappeared lots happened and the town changed as well" After much thought I nodded slowly. 

"Okay I'll do it.. but your gonna have to be 100% honest with me.. by the way I didn't get your name" I turned to the young girl as she smiled. 

"Hope.. Hope Mikaelson." my eyes widened. 

"Well I'll be dammed Niklaus daughter. I loved drinking with him, he was a great friend, much to my friends dismay.. he knew how to party and he knew how to love.. people never believed he could be a great man.. but I did" I looked away smiling at some of the memories with him and his sister Rebekah. 

"You knew him.. actually now that I think of it. I remember him mention a girl called Thea.. he mentioned you as an old friend.." I smiled. 

"Your father was a great man.. now ahh I better close the shop then. Do either of you want a car.. there gonna sit here another how know how long if someone doesn't take one..." Hope smiled looking over at Alaric. 

"No.. your aunt would kill me if she knew I let you drive a car home all the way." I simply laughed at Alaric. 

"I'll take blame if she find out" Hope looked between us and I laughed at her excitement. 

"Fine!.." Hope ran away looking at the cars I pointed out and I walked up to stand next to Ric. 

"Time has changed all of us hasn't it.." Ric laughed. 

"It sure has Thea"