Chapter Forty Two - Dancing in the moonlight

Song - The happiest year by Jaymes Young

PART FORTY TWO

Thea's POV - Unedited

The night has gone better than expected, I'd met about a dozen people who loved Kai and seemed to have great conversations with. But there were a few who gave us disgusted stares and I heard mumbled swear words as some of them watched us. But I guess Kai had plans for them as he glared back. The room of people quietened down as Kai stepped up onto the stage and tapped a glass. 

"Thank you all for coming. I know this has been a weird time, coming into this roll the way I did had to of been difficult for some people and I know.. the past has been the past, and I've done things I regret. But we've all done things we're not proud of, we've fought for things that we didn't know we were fighting for. But when I say this, I say it with justice. We will work together to build a brighter future, where we can be a powerful collective that strives for the best in life. My father, yes I will speak of him. He used me, broke me, told me I was an abomination just because my powers worked a little differently. He hurt me in ways a father shouldn't hurt his son... I know there are some of you that cannot fathom that he would hurt someone, especially someone as close as a son, but he did. He continues to do so even now threatening me, and threatening the person I care about. But we will figure this out together, and if you don't like that and go against the coven then you will not be apart of this coven. Life is about coexistence, acceptance.. believing in the good of people, yes I've had my ups and downs. But having someone like Thea in my life" Kai pointed at me, and I blushed. "she made me want to be a better person, goodness knows she is the only women to get me to shut up in my life" some people laugh as he did as well. "I remember a fond memory of her motusing me across the room, she kicked my ass whilst throwing her guts up and nearly passing out..Now I can't not admit that, that isn't a strong women and she will also be by my side helping the coven strive... One last call to business, the future will be different. By the time the merge comes around again, yes I know it's a sore subject we will have a new way to merge without killing someone.. At the moment we have a lovely pair of twins on the way, my sister Josette is pregnant and with twins.. but I want to guarantee  that she doesn't have to raise them worrying one of them is going to die. We will change the future as we know it" Stepping for the stage ai smile at Kai proudly pecking him in the cheek. 

"Wonderful speech honey.. I think you caught the attention of nearly all your coven, even the one's giving you disgusting looks" Kai sighed. 

"That's what I'm  hoping, because if any of them think they can report back to my dad then I'll know..." I rolled my eyes. 

"just have fun tonight Kai, don't worry about him or think about him..." I pulled Kai out onto the patio were there were near next no people, but you could still hear the music play and I hummed along to it. "Now dance with me Mr Parker" his signature smile danced across his face as he pulled me further out under the stars, and then one of my favourite songs started to play. The happiest year by  Jaymes Young. 

"Well then, I must listen to the queen" He pulled me close as we danced slowly together. I hummed holding Kai close, his warmth calming me as he held onto each other. If I could freeze time, imagine such a perfect moment this would be one of those. 

"Thank you for the happiest year of my life" I sang along, I could feel Kai chuckle as he chest vibrated against my face. 

"I'll make it the happiest you've ever experienced" Kai whispered. I didn't know if he thought I was suppose to hear that, but I certainly did. I hugged him tighter as we continued to sway to the music. I simply smiled, so many things have gone wrong in my life, and to have someone like him that makes everything just so much better.