Chapter Seventeen • Home sweet home

Thea's POV - Unedited. 

I walked down the long windy road towards my home. I hadn't seen the place in over eighteen years, and I'd hoped to keep it that way. But I'm here now... whats the worse that could happen, I either die or shock or I don't die at all. Which is me just being dramatic, but the last time I was here I nearly did die. I stopped in front of the two story home. It was just as I remembered it. Bicycles in the front yard, a swing set under our big apple tree and the well my father conserved when we brought the house. I smiled at the home. 

If so many bad memories weren't attached to the place I'd come home and make it my own. But I don't think I can. I knew I still owned it, and it stood alone still filled with every memory of my past. But how was I supposed to go back. I took slow steps towards the home and as I did I walked up the steps slowly to hear the faint creak of the stairs. Without noise in this prison world, you're always more in tune with the sound around you. I could hear the wind and noise of the trees as they swished from side to side but that was about it. I brought my hand to the handle and opened the door. 

As I crossed the threshold something inside of me relaxed. The home I'd been so scared about made me feel warm again. I saw pictures of my family and I on the walls as I wondered down the hallway and then toys scattered everywhere from my sister and I. But then I saw the blood. I dropped to my knees staring at the blood smeared on the walls as my father made his way down the hallway towards me. 

"It's not your fault Thea.. it's this curse. It's not your fault" I breathed slowly in and out as I told myself the truth. It wasn't my fault, this family had always known something like this could happen. In no way shape or form was I gonna get blamed for something I didn't do. But for some reasons people didn't see it like that. I was the only survivor, that showed people that there was someone to blame for the people they lost. But I wasn't going to be that person. I couldn't be, I was so much more than what people make me out to be, and I guess spending time with Kai has shown me that. The person who did this to my family decades ago was a gemini, and Joshua thought he had the right all those years ago to blame me.

What doesn't make sense though was what he wanted from me. He wanted my twin and I for his own person gain, which meant he wasn't going to originally merge jo and Kai or even Luke and Liv but the two of us instead to bring more power to his coven. I don't know why I didn't put the letters together sooner. 

I sat down in the hallway leaning my back up against the wall to process what I just come up with. 

"so.. he knew the curse would kill nearly the rest our my coven out, but he expected my sister and I to survive.. something must of gone wrong." My brain hurt just thinking about it. For some reason it didn't make sense, but then again it did at the same time. 

I sat sitting in that hallway for a good half n hour before I got up and wondered around the rest of the house. I made my way upstairs to the one place I hadn't been in since that night. My bedroom. I pushed the door open and the sheets were all crumpled and messed up. My sisters teddy laid in the misted of her own blankets and our journals sat side by side on our bedside table. I made my way over to my bed and sat down on it picking my sisters teddy up from her own. Cuddling it I laid my head against the bed head looking at nothing but air. All I wanted was her back, I know I grew up used to not having her here. But she was my other half, we hardly knew anything but magic and family before this happened and teared us apart. 

'You know it's your fault she died..' I heard his voice echo in my mind. 

"It isn't my fault you bastard.. now just leave me alone, leave Kai alone.." I cuddled the teddy bear closer to me as I cried into it. 

'For as long as you live Little bird I'll never leave you alone' I sucked in the air heavily as I kept my eyes tightly sealed. 

"Just..leave.. me ..alone!" I screamed so loud that the windows of my bedroom shattered into pieces. I fell onto the floor as I continued to cry. It felt like all the energy inside of me shattered into tiny pieces. I just wanted to be whole again, I wanted to not be scared of all of this. But the future was the unknown, what was going to happen to me? What was going to happen to Kai? what was going to happen to all my friends and family? The unknown scared me to death. 

I heard hurried footsteps echo through my house and I looked up to see a panicked Kai at my door. 

"How'd you hear me from there?" I looked up as tears blurred my sight. 

"I didn't.. I felt the surge of energy from here.." Kai crouched down next to me as both him and I leaned against my bed. "You gonna tell me what that was about..." I shook my head as I leaned it against his shoulder. 

"You don't have to worry.. Sometimes my emotions just get the better of me" Kai leaned his own head in as it leaned against the top of mine. 

"Sometimes my emotions get the better of me too.. I'm sorry for shutting at you" I hummed at Kai as I brought my hand into his. 

"It's okay.. we all let emotions get to us.. I just guess I'm sick of them sometimes.. wish I could just switch them off and go to sleep and not worry about a thing.. But no your father doesn't seem to want to let me" Kai's hand squeezed mine as he sighed. 

"Did his voice visit you again?" Kai questioned. I simply nodded as Kai brought his other hand up to the bridge of his nose and squeezed it. 

"He won't leave you alone unless I do something.. Maybe it's me his after, I just I don't get why his targeting you like this." I shut my eyes as I replayed the memories of Kai's father. 

"He wanted me for my sister and I's power.. he wasn't going to merge you guys or Luke and Liv.. he was going to use the two of us since the evermore were originally Gemini's..Gotta love the bastard.. always out for power. You know if we get out of here or even if you just do make sure he dies a slow and painful death." Kai slid his hands around my waist and brought me further into his hold. 

"I promise.." 

" 

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.